Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Just what I’m hearing...

backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
edited July 2018 in Hardcore Husky Board
I looked at/read some of the comments on Hardcore Husky - ONCE

My grandson was sitting next to me and I couldn’t hit the "KILL SWITCH" fast enough. They might claim their site is for "adults" but I know a LOT of adults and they aren’t the same. I was thinking "pigs" was a better term.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I? feel... validated

Links plz
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    They did break the news that Eason has introduced browning to coke first:
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

I lurked there for a while. I eventually settled upon this analogy:
    If the internet existed in the late 1930s, and I were a nuclear physicist, the most informative web forums for me would be ones that I wouldn’t be proud of visiting. The science would be great, but the whole "talking physics with Nazis" part wouldn’t.

Thanks to my sick sense of humor, it was at first really funny, too, to be able to read intentionally on the nose and faux racist/sexist/homophobic jokes in a country that’s swerving toward the ditch in a series of overcorrections with regard to political correctness and compassion/decency. Eventually, it just started to seem a bit less "faux"… Bottom line, even if no actual racists participate there (and that would be a huge shock to me were it true), that sheer volume of satirical racism eventually blurs the line between itself and the real thing.

Which brings up a question that I had a hard time shaking: For claiming to be the shining beacon on the hill for demanding higher standards from the athletic department and fan base (particularly with regard to recruiting), I wonder how many recruits either stumbled upon or were linked to that forum, scrolled down to the first thread with a subject line listing a PSA’s details that included "dark skinned," and stopped answering the phone when UW called. Or read dozens of threads heaping vitriol on guys like Browning, Manu, Harris, Chin—young amateur athletes busting ass every day for the team they love—for not meeting the lofty standards of some scrawny internet pantywastes and conflated this behavior with that of the average Husky fan. For being the "Hardcore" fans that are going to push this program to the next level by demanding a raising of the bar in recruiting, how many sensible kids have read their shit and said, "If I’m going to be playing for fans like this, might as well live in freaking Alabama"?

In the end, it just gets old. Even the funniest bits and inside jokes are just regurgitated over and over again, with the masses of losers just blindly parroting everything a couple of attention-craving prominent posters blurt out every few days like clockwork (same thing, over and over again). It’s an awful personality cult.

Eventually, waiting a week or two to read my recruiting Twitter recap on UWDP wasn’t so bad compared to the feeling of needing a shower I’d have after spending time on HH.

I guarantee you this dude stopped poasting here but still lurks at HH weekly if not daily.

So whenever your cuck ass drags your shriveled balls back over here to get your voyeur did remember this:

We didn’t want you anyway, Eric.
    So much for good will toward men.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

I lurked there for a while. I eventually settled upon this analogy:
    If the internet existed in the late 1930s, and I were a nuclear physicist, the most informative web forums for me would be ones that I wouldn’t be proud of visiting. The science would be great, but the whole "talking physics with Nazis" part wouldn’t.

Thanks to my sick sense of humor, it was at first really funny, too, to be able to read intentionally on the nose and faux racist/sexist/homophobic jokes in a country that’s swerving toward the ditch in a series of overcorrections with regard to political correctness and compassion/decency. Eventually, it just started to seem a bit less "faux"… Bottom line, even if no actual racists participate there (and that would be a huge shock to me were it true), that sheer volume of satirical racism eventually blurs the line between itself and the real thing.

Which brings up a question that I had a hard time shaking: For claiming to be the shining beacon on the hill for demanding higher standards from the athletic department and fan base (particularly with regard to recruiting), I wonder how many recruits either stumbled upon or were linked to that forum, scrolled down to the first thread with a subject line listing a PSA’s details that included "dark skinned," and stopped answering the phone when UW called. Or read dozens of threads heaping vitriol on guys like Browning, Manu, Harris, Chin—young amateur athletes busting ass every day for the team they love—for not meeting the lofty standards of some scrawny internet pantywastes and conflated this behavior with that of the average Husky fan. For being the "Hardcore" fans that are going to push this program to the next level by demanding a raising of the bar in recruiting, how many sensible kids have read their shit and said, "If I’m going to be playing for fans like this, might as well live in freaking Alabama"?

In the end, it just gets old. Even the funniest bits and inside jokes are just regurgitated over and over again, with the masses of losers just blindly parroting everything a couple of attention-craving prominent posters blurt out every few days like clockwork (same thing, over and over again). It’s an awful personality cult.

Eventually, waiting a week or two to read my recruiting Twitter recap on UWDP wasn’t so bad compared to the feeling of needing a shower I’d have after spending time on HH.

I guarantee you this dude stopped poasting here but still lurks at HH weekly if not daily.

So whenever your cuck ass drags your shriveled balls back over here to get your voyeur did remember this:

We didn’t want you anyway, Eric.
    So much for good will toward men.
    Plenty of good will toward men.

Traitorous doogs?

Not so much.