Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Jeremiah Martin, 2018 4* BUCK, San Bernardino (Cajon), CA (OFFERED 9/27)

Comments

• PassionPassion Member Posts: 4,622
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited February 2018

Pray to Allah that Joe Tryon pans out and can play every snap of every game for the next three years. He's the only cat we have that even resembles Martin physically (6'4" 251). Everyone else is either too big/stiff or too Feeney. Feeney was awesome, don't twist.

We had a R-Fr that had 5.5 sacks last year. It’s not preposterous to believe he will eventually be a double digit sack guy.

Make no mistake, Martin is a huge loss. Getting DJ would have helped too, but Bowman at Buck and Kaho at San could be a hell of a combo.
    Bowman is the defense’s browning in at least one way - he wracks up statistics against weak opponents.

Top tier teams do not fear Bowman
  • guntloveguntlove Member Posts: 784
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Gladstone said:

Inexcusable.

*Chinexcusable.

But yeah, the point remains. Really puzzling that they couldn't/wouldn't make room for DJ Johnson. If you have to put Bonerpoper in a ski mask and send him over to Kyler Manu's apartment to break his fucking legs, you do it. Whatever it takes to clear a roster spot.

I'm sure Pete will fix this like he has with all our other recruiting deficiencies... but our pass rush is going to be fucked for a couple of years until this gets sorted out. We'll probably be okay against Pac 12 dreck, but teams like Pedo St or Alabama will exploit the fuck out of it.
  • Edwin_BambinoEdwin_Bambino Member Posts: 2,942
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    guntlove said:

Gladstone said:

Inexcusable.

*Chinexcusable.

But yeah, the point remains. Really puzzling that they couldn't/wouldn't make room for DJ Johnson. If you have to put Bonerpoper in a ski mask and send him over to Kyler Manu's apartment to break his fucking legs, you do it. Whatever it takes to clear a roster spot.

I'm sure Pete will fix this like he has with all our other recruiting deficiencies... but our pass rush is going to be fucked for a couple of years until this gets sorted out. We'll probably be okay against Pac 12 dreck, but teams like Pedo St or Alabama will exploit the fuck out of it.
    Only hope really for the next year or two is that the guys we do have continue to develop and get better. It will be interesting to see what the pass rush is like next year without Vea. He was able to generate a lot of push up the middle and flush guys out. I’m not holding out high hopes for our pass rush in 2018...
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Pray to Allah that Joe Tryon pans out and can play every snap of every game for the next three years. He's the only cat we have that even resembles Martin physically (6'4" 251). Everyone else is either too big/stiff or too Feeney. Feeney was awesome, don't twist.

We had a R-Fr that had 5.5 sacks last year. It’s not preposterous to believe he will eventually be a double digit sack guy.

Make no mistake, Martin is a huge loss. Getting DJ would have helped too, but Bowman at Buck and Kaho at San could be a hell of a combo.
    We aren’t winning a national championship with Bowman as our Buck. Get the fuck out of here with that doog shit.
    Don’t twist. This board has gone full retard.

I lamented that Martin was a huge loss. It would be amazing to have a prospect like that in the edge. I’ve said multiple times he’s really fucking good.

I also remember role players like Tevis, Jaylen Johnson, and Turpin balling out against Alabama.

Since Bowman didn’t have 5 sacks against Penn State he sucks? I saw a guy who was a very productive player for a redshirt freshman. That’s it. Hopefully he improves and becomes a double digit sack guy.

More talent is always needed, but the meltdowns every time we miss out on a guy are stupid.
    Good point you have a stellar record. Who needs talent?

Ryan Bowman is FINE!!!!! Nick Harris is FINE!!!
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

We aren’t winning a national championship with Bowman as our Buck. Get the fuck out of here with that doog shit.
    Don’t twist. This board has gone full retard.

I lamented that Martin was a huge loss. It would be amazing to have a prospect like that in the edge. I’ve said multiple times he’s really fucking good.

I also remember role players like Tevis, Jaylen Johnson, and Turpin balling out against Alabama.

Since Bowman didn’t have 5 sacks against Penn State he sucks? I saw a guy who was a very productive player for a redshirt freshman. That’s it. Hopefully he improves and becomes a double digit sack guy.

More talent is always needed, but the meltdowns every time we miss out on a guy are stupid.
    Good point you have a stellar record. Who needs talent?

Ryan Bowman is FINE!!!!! Nick Harris is FINE!!!
    Both are far from a lost cause.
  • DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    edited February 2018
    No one wants to be Uncle Buck.
  • jhfstyle24jhfstyle24 Member Posts: 3,255

How can you not come to UW after that game

Fuck you, Grandma Martin
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

How can you not come to UW after that game

Fuck you, Grandma Martin
    Savage.

You mean, "the Barber"?

... Or is grandma really getting the pointy end of the stick here?
  • pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    If you don’t think that Baby Bo keeps the David Shaw’s & Nick Sabans up at night then I don’t know what to tell you..
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,701
    Watching the bball game tonight my wife said: that recruit didn't sign after watching them beat Arizona on a buzzer beater?

Then WDWHA.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Watching the bball game tonight my wife said: that recruit didn't sign after watching them beat Arizona on a buzzer beater?

Then WDWHA.

You sir, have a keeper.

She's wrong, but a keeper.
  • dougthedawgdougthedawg Member Posts: 179
    If only one of you fucktards wasnt poor. (No, not royalties from prog rock money.)

Coach K cant recruit to save his life ("Peas and carrots" "come play for me levante and I will tell you fishing stories all practice").

But, he is a defensive genius (statistically #1 defense with statistically #30 recruiting talent).

Some properly rich fucker should donate a mil a year to make him a consultant coach like Tedford was for us and Sark for Bama.

It is considered a demotion from Coordinating. Yet, if they assured him as much control over strategy etc. as he has now (just no recruiting or direct coach to player coaching) plus stupid amounts money, I think it would work for all parties.

• JECARJECAR Member Posts: 580

I expect to hear a woof soon. He just committed.
    Skrong effort...
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

I expect to hear a woof soon. He just committed.
    In the bag.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

I'll off myself if Martin doesn't come here. Don't worry you guys don't have to hire a cheap hitman.

I wonder what ever happened to this poaster?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

I'll off myself if Martin doesn't come here. Don't worry you guys don't have to hire a cheap hitman.

I wonder what ever happened to this poaster?

• HillsboroDuckHillsboroDuck Member Posts: 9,186
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker

He's coming here.

little skinny jeaned faggot u r I would have punched u right in the cunt if I were Jeremiah. I can see you protesting Ben Shapiro, or marching in pride parade, fuming at the mouth, all 125lbs of you. Dawgman is a little more suitable for your kind GTFO!