Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Clay Helton and USC Pessimism

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    USC pessimism has nothing to do with UW by the way. I follow Inside USC and he would have fired Clay last year. Next year he will have a lot of company
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

There entire passing offense last year consisted of darnold running around on a broken play.

Still won then 10+ games
    They lost to the Coog. They sucked.
    They beat furd and STDU that fucking owned us. So that means we sucked too
    Now you are starting to get it. The whole conference was shit last year and they had a qb that Made enough plays.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

The USC loss in 2016 was a shitty loss. Sam Darnold was throwing footballs into pringles cans that night. Jake Browning shit his pants (nothing new but still) and our offensive gameplan was to avoid letting Gaskin touch the ball.

It was a total disaster. Helton fucking blows. USC should have clown shoed the conference last year with who they had and it took A David Shaw shitty 4th down call to squeak by the championship.

This.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    Swaye said:

The USC loss in 2016 was a shitty loss. Sam Darnold was throwing footballs into pringles cans that night. Jake Browning shit his pants (nothing new but still) and our offensive gameplan was to avoid letting Gaskin touch the ball.

It was a total disaster. Helton fucking blows. USC should have clown shoed the conference last year with who they had and it took A David Shaw shitty 4th down call to squeak by the championship.

This.
    It was one of the worst night's of my life after having a total kick ass day of back stage Game Day passes and bitching kegger at the Row Boat House.

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,697
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Lost to Bama, tOSU like a red headed step child

SC don't care about the rest

And they will struggle this year

Hurts Race. Really hurts.

SC really respects us!!!!!!

This. If anyone actually watched the gayme, those shoelace tackles (as in, his shoelaces tackled him) were at hugely inopportune times during the gayme.

Washington could very easily have won that gayme. Helton didn't come in and show anyone shit. That loss is on Browning as much as any in his long list of failures.
    Mosster47 said:

The playoff should be Bama, Clemson, tOSU, and SC every year.

We are coming up on year five of this thing and the Trojans are yet to get an invite. It's fucking pathetic.

Jesus.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Mosster47 said:

The playoff should be Bama, Clemson, tOSU, and SC every year.

We are coming up on year five of this thing and the Trojans are yet to get an invite. It's fucking pathetic.

Jesus.
    I would only agree because there are only a few ACC teams worth a shit and most of them are somewhere in the wilderness atm.

Miami - TBD, Florida State - Williegetonthebus.gif, Notre Dame - ha!, Clemson is the only one with a settled successful coach and program for at least the immediate future.

• Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

There entire passing offense last year consisted of darnold running around on a broken play.

Still won then 10+ games
    Yes I think that's the point. They won 10 games because darnold made plays. Their scheme and execution was shit with superior talent. A lot of people expect it to fall apart without an elite playmaker at qb. Usc shouldn't get their ass kicked by Norte dame Alabama and Ohio state the way they did either.

All that being said I wouldn't talk shit about it as a uw fan. Sling blade had a lot of success before the wheels came off too.
    Define "a lot."

Losing to Arizona like clock work, multiple gas stations bowls, one being the worst loss in history, and the shittiest season since before football started isn't really a lot in my eyes.

Sling had one good season. Full stop.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    edited July 2018
    BaldwinIV said:

Good posts and I understand now. Thanks all.

Also I watched 2016 USC. It felt like getting sodomized, but some things I forgot that I noticed on rewatch:

-- Rapp, as always, showed up huge in this big game. I totally didn't remember. He had two monster INTs and was all over the place. His 2nd INT was clutch city in their territory set us up to win the game and the crowd was going bananas. Browning completely shat all over himself the next drive and gave SC the momentum back.

-- Best game Darnold played, period. Better than the Rose Bowl. He was unbelievable. There wasn't a single performance in 2017 that came close. Jones and King were draped all over their WRs and he still made them pay. Tip of the hat.

-- Psalm Wooching trying to rush Darnold :sweat_smile:

-- The playcalling was excruciatingly maddening. No rhythm. Panicked and abandoned early in the 3Q. How do Doogpound and Doogman types continue to defend Smith?

--- Ross just smoked their stud DB Jackson. How did Browning win P12OPOY and not Ross? What a joke.

The real question is how many games in this year until you stop blaming babushka and blame peterman instead when the playcalling is identical?
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

BaldwinIV said:

Good posts and I understand now. Thanks all.

Also I watched 2016 USC. It felt like getting sodomized, but some things I forgot that I noticed on rewatch:

-- Rapp, as always, showed up huge in this big game. I totally didn't remember. He had two monster INTs and was all over the place. His 2nd INT was clutch city in their territory set us up to win the game and the crowd was going bananas. Browning completely shat all over himself the next drive and gave SC the momentum back.

-- Best game Darnold played, period. Better than the Rose Bowl. He was unbelievable. There wasn't a single performance in 2017 that came close. Jones and King were draped all over their WRs and he still made them pay. Tip of the hat.

-- Psalm Wooching trying to rush Darnold :sweat_smile:

-- The playcalling was excruciatingly maddening. No rhythm. Panicked and abandoned early in the 3Q. How do Doogpound and Doogman types continue to defend Smith?

--- Ross just smoked their stud DB Jackson. How did Browning win P12OPOY and not Ross? What a joke.

The real question is how many games in this year until you stop blaming babushka and blame peterman instead when the playcalling is identical?
    Over under is 4.

Praying for Gaskat.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,794
    Swaye's Wigwam

I heard Browning's GF dumped him the week of the SC game and he was emotionally in the tank. LOL. Also said GF was a fucking Oregon student. Could Browning be any more unlikable?

Yes. The GF is like a 5'3" spinner that only desert, pool party feegs would like (hi @Pitchfork51 ).