Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Khakis depth chart -forward to Peterman

2»

Comments

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Do we? have any update on Bain?

Obviously we disagree on the QB, but you’re mostly right.

Here are the changes:

RG
    Bainivalu
    Kirkland
    James

BUCK
    Benning
    Bowman
    Tryon

WIL
    Wellington (he’s injured though)
    Kaho
    Tafisi
    BBK

MIK
    Tevis
    Beavers
    Sirmon

Any word on if Bainvalu is healthy? Last I heard was that he had some major back issue.

And Jesus Christ I'm hoping the coaches snatch away BBK's participation trophy of starting LB and put in Beavers or Wellington. Both those guys are a huge step up in athleticism if they are healthy.

No idea if any of this info is legit, but found it stalking the Doogman boreds:

Purpleknob Jul 6, 2:42 PM

I was able to speak to Henry about 3 weeks ago and he said he will be cleared this month to go. Said he will be 100% by fall camp. He looked healthy and in great spirits. Loves being a husky.

Praying doog
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Any word on if Bainvalu is healthy? Last I heard was that he had some major back issue.

Lately I've been thinking about this passage I read from a Jood article last summer:
    A former offensive lineman at Minnesota, Socha has been Petersen’s strength coach since 2006, going back to their days at Boise State. Petersen said he believes wholeheartedly in Socha, so much so that when Socha approached the head coach in January proposing to completely overhaul the team’s offseason training program— the one that helped the Huskies win the Pac-12 championship last year — Petersen signed off on it.
    Are we sure that the injuries last year were just dumb luck, or were Socha's changes not such a great idea? It's football, injuries happen. But man.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Squirt said:

Lately I've been thinking about this passage I read from a Jood article last summer:
    A former offensive lineman at Minnesota, Socha has been Petersen’s strength coach since 2006, going back to their days at Boise State. Petersen said he believes wholeheartedly in Socha, so much so that when Socha approached the head coach in January proposing to completely overhaul the team’s offseason training program— the one that helped the Huskies win the Pac-12 championship last year — Petersen signed off on it.
    Are we sure that the injuries last year were just dumb luck, or were Socha's changes not such a great idea? It's football, injuries happen. But man.

Nature of the injuries happening is what you have to look at. Shit like Hunter's knee injury is just shit luck(I saw it in person). Things like injured backs and shoulders are more telling.

Really, I haven't looked at any actual data but I'd bet you could do an analysis that proves the point.
  • SquirtSquirt Member Posts: 485
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper

Nature of the injuries happening is what you have to look at. Shit like Hunter's knee injury is just shit luck(I saw it in person). Things like injured backs and shoulders are more telling.

Really, I haven't looked at any actual data but I'd bet you could do an analysis that proves the point.

Yeah, Bain's back injury is what made me think of it. And didn't Greg Gaines have a weightlifting injury last year (if memory serves, he missed Spring Ball or got a late start in Fall Camp)?
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Salvon should back up Gaskin at QB hth
  • HarbaughKhakisHarbaughKhakis Member Posts: 104
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Mine as well ditch qb altogether and just start both Gaskin and Ahmed
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Gaskin at QB averaged like 60 yards a play in the apple cup
  • LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gaskin at QB averaged like 60 yards a play in the apple cup

You sound like you have it all figured out
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Mine as well ditch qb altogether and just start both Gaskin and Ahmed
    Joe if you reading this, don’t listen to these idiots. Jake is amazing!