Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Let's talk about Auburn

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

Swaye said:

Also: while we’re talking about Auburn...

Some things I love about Auburn...

1. Green Valley Meats
    2. Beer Bottle Beach
    3. Fingering Auburn HS “students” at random parties when I was 14.
    4. I bought all my D&D shit at a hobby store in downtown Auburn that was dope.
    5. I like Auburn Memorial stadium and I bet it will be rocking on September 1st or whatever.
    6. My dad bought a Mitsubishi in Auburn.
    7. GRCC Gator 4 LYFE
    8. Floating down the GR
    9. I could see movies on the Auburn Drive-Ins screens from my back porch through a telescope and my bro watched the entire showing of Meatballs to see tits. It was a different time.
    10. I got laid in a pizza parlor there and no one GAF.
    11. Sunbreak Cafe is good.
    12. Burger Ranch

You played D&D but didn't like Star Wars?

Star Wars is the shit. D&D was the shit.

The sequels to all that shit and what it became is fucking embarrassing.
    I'll give you Ewoks. That shit was gay. Empire still gives me nerd wood. So does slave suit Leia.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If we win, I want the fucking Taylor Trophy to come to Graves.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Also: while we’re talking about Auburn...

Some things I love about Auburn...

1. Green Valley Meats
    2. Beer Bottle Beach
    3. Fingering Auburn HS “students” at random parties when I was 14.
    4. I bought all my D&D shit at a hobby store in downtown Auburn that was dope.
    5. I like Auburn Memorial stadium and I bet it will be rocking on September 1st or whatever.
    6. My dad bought a Mitsubishi in Auburn.
    7. GRCC Gator 4 LYFE
    8. Floating down the GR
    9. I could see movies on the Auburn Drive-Ins screens from my back porch through a telescope and my bro watched the entire showing of Meatballs to see tits. It was a different time.
    10. I got laid in a pizza parlor there and no one GAF.
    11. Sunbreak Cafe is good.
    12. Burger Ranch

Omg, not enough chins
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

The original Star Wars attack on the death star is taught in business and tech schools regarding problem solving and not leaving a gaping hole where some space jockeys can fly in and blow up your fucking death star. They have the name of the route and everything. Really nerd shit but interesting

When they blew up the second Death Star you really had to wonder just how fucking stupid the Emperor was and I always kind of liked the wrinkly old fuck

The Death Star was an inside job! #DeathStarTruthDotOrg
    @DarthCarroll true???
  • ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325

The original Star Wars attack on the death star is taught in business and tech schools regarding problem solving and not leaving a gaping hole where some space jockeys can fly in and blow up your fucking death star. They have the name of the route and everything. Really nerd shit but interesting

When they blew up the second Death Star you really had to wonder just how fucking stupid the Emperor was and I always kind of liked the wrinkly old fuck

The Death Star was an inside job! #DeathStarTruthDotOrg
    @DarthCarroll true???
    Coaxium fuel doesn’t melt durasteel beams!!1!
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

The problem with Empire is that it's fucked from the beginning.

It has to fit like 40 square pegs into round holes and starts making no fucking sense as everyone reverse engineers the story to try to make sense.

Star Wars is the only movie that is not tainted by that reverse-engineer the story bullshit.

There is some cool shit in Empire (Boba, people getting blown up on snow, DV choking out people, DV pulling the blaster from Han, DV throwing parts of the building at Luke with his mind), but as a whole here's the story:

Nothing happens.

And, as an aside we find out that the most improbable, lazy, convenient bullshit of all time is the big reveal and everyone is hiding it for some reason that doesn't even make any fucking sense.

"We can't tell you this thing that you'd probably want to know, you'll find out anyway and is essentially life or death. Oh and we aren't going to tell you you have a sister because even though we are training you to be a Jedi we didn't have time."

That’s like 819 words too many
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Geez Grundle ... you should self flag yourself for so many reasons right now

The problem with Empire is that it's fucked from the beginning.

It has to fit like 40 square pegs into round holes and starts making no fucking sense as everyone reverse engineers the story to try to make sense.

Star Wars is the only movie that is not tainted by that reverse-engineer the story bullshit.

There is some cool shit in Empire (Boba, people getting blown up on snow, DV choking out people, DV pulling the blaster from Han, DV throwing parts of the building at Luke with his mind), but as a whole here's the story:

Nothing happens.

And, as an aside we find out that the most improbable, lazy, convenient bullshit of all time is the big reveal and everyone is hiding it for some reason that doesn't even make any fucking sense.

"We can't tell you this thing that you'd probably want to know, you'll find out anyway and is essentially life or death. Oh and we aren't going to tell you you have a sister because even though we are training you to be a Jedi we didn't have time."

And to think a thicker tree and/or a few extra MPH could have saved us all from this post.

The wheel turns as the wheel wills, man.
    Standard Supporter
    edited July 2018
    Tequilla said:

Geez Grundle ... you should self flag yourself for so many reasons right now

The o/u is 5

Ps, can you expand on that?

Pps, was at Pilchuck this afternoon in my gi, you were a no show.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,956
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    This thread started okay then started talking about d&d and Star Wars. The aids is winning.

This thread started okay then started talking about d&d and Star Wars. The aids is winning.

Not fast enough...
    Standard Supporter
    Couch refund

Oladele did not complete his senior high school season due to problems with his visa, and he was waiting to hear back from the NCAA Clearinghouse regarding his academic eligibility, but he has made the decision to pursue other options.

All USC
  • AUBURNTROJANAUBURNTROJAN Member Posts: 192
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Couch refund

Oladele did not complete his senior high school season due to problems with his visa, and he was waiting to hear back from the NCAA Clearinghouse regarding his academic eligibility, but he has made the decision to pursue other options.

All USC
    Welcome to the faith and football family!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I don't think I've ever actually stopped in Auburn before. Just passed through on the way to Crystal mountain.