Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

ALL METAL NIT FINAL #1 Iron Maiden vs. #4 Motorhead

Comments

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #4 Motorhead (A)

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,093
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
    Like I said before, 2-4 in classics could have been seeded anyway and it didn't matter. Dio, Judas, and Motorhead all had strong showings. I felt Maiden held the 1 seed just based on overall career staying power. Those fucks are still out touring around the world and filling stadiums. Skrong bracket. I'm glad we did the mixed seeded brackets so these bands didn't see eachother in early rounds and knock one another out.
    Founders Club
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
    Like I said before, 2-4 in classics could have been seeded anyway and it didn't matter. Dio, Judas, and Motorhead all had strong showings. I felt Maiden held the 1 seed just based on overall career staying power. Those fucks are still out touring around the world and filling stadiums. Skrong bracket. I'm glad we did the mixed seeded brackets so these bands didn't see eachother in early rounds and knock one another out.
    @Tequilla take note...mixed brackets matter...can't seed Willie, Waylon, Merle and John Cash in the same bracket or bedlam will occur.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
    @Tequilla take note...mixed brackets matter...can't seed Willie, Waylon, Merle and John Cash in the same bracket or bedlam will occur.
    Country will be mixed brackets to ensure that the above artist don't cannibalize themselves in a grouping that is too skrong. Merle, Hank, Johnny, and Waylon are likely #1 seeds. Willie prolly a #2 seed.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Put me in for the haught country seeding chat. I don't know much contemporary but I know classic country really well.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
    I floated the bracket ideas to a REAL TEXAN today (he agreed with my idea for bracketing BTW) ...

He also warned that if a certain individual didn’t win then the whole thing was invalid to start with ... and his name isn’t included in the list above
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.
    I floated the bracket ideas to a REAL TEXAN today (he agreed with my idea for bracketing BTW) ...

He also warned that if a certain individual didn’t win then the whole thing was invalid to start with ... and his name isn’t included in the list above
    Sounds like the gloves might be coming off before we even get the brackets dun.
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Yep ... in his opinion there’s only one option ... he will literally stop a bones game to listen when this artist comes on
    Founders Club
    edited July 2018
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Brackets hawt talk is getting heated in the cuntry bar right now. About 50 DM's in and guns are being brandished.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Yep ... in his opinion there’s only one option ... he will literally stop a bones game to listen when this artist comes on
    Who are the bones? UT?
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Bones = dominos ... and in Texas specifically that means 42
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Unless he's talking about Jimmie Rodgers I have a hard time not discounting his opinion as a Texas-centric one. Either that or quit being coy and fess up on the artist. There's only a couple of guys you could say have an argument to be higher on the list than the Highwaymen.
    Founders Club
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Unless he's talking about Jimmie Rodgers I have a hard time not discounting his opinion as a Texas-centric one. Either that or quit being coy and fess up on the artist. There's only a couple of guys you could say have an argument to be higher on the list than the Highwaymen.
    There has already been discussion on whether the Highwaymen should be included, or if by virtue of having Waylon, Willie and Cash on the list solo that covers it. Harder than you might think to fit 32 on this list. Country goes way back to the 40's with Bob Wills. Dozens of deserving stars/acts will be left off for sure. Blame Tequilla. I just work here.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

There has already been discussion on whether the Highwaymen should be included, or if by virtue of having Waylon, Willie and Cash on the list solo that covers it. Harder than you might think to fit 32 on this list. Country goes way back to the 40's with Bob Wills. Dozens of deserving stars/acts will be left off for sure. Blame Tequilla. I just work here.
    Nah, you definitely put the Highwaymen as separate artists. That was a supergroup and never defined those guys other than as a shorthand to refer to all of them. Jimmie Rodgers is from the 20's and if you don't include him you are pretty much missing the father of country. Hank Sr. and Merle are probably two of the only guys I can think of that would seed higher unless you are really into Hollywood "Cowboy Country" or the Nashville sound.

Time to go register some alts...
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Nah, you definitely put the Highwaymen as separate artists. That was a supergroup and never defined those guys other than as a shorthand to refer to all of them. Jimmie Rodgers is from the 20's and if you don't include him you are pretty much missing the father of country. Hank Sr. and Merle are probably two of the only guys I can think of that would seed higher unless you are really into Hollywood "Cowboy Country" or the Nashville sound.

Founders Club
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

You are going to be super pissed when you see the brackets. Start drinking now.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Start?
    Founders Club
    #4 Motorhead (A)

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

Tequilla said:

Tequilla said:

Swaye said:

Swaye said:

#4 seed takes it.

Best 4 seed ever.

Start?
    Nothing is finalized, but there are some glaring omissions, but to kind of spread the love between eras and ensure that the 50s/60s were represented well, and the 70's to early 80's, plus the mid 80's-mid 90's, and then modern stuff, lots of compromises had to be made. I didn't want a single person past 1992, but was shot down. As usual. Seriously though, tougher than you might think to try to get roughly 8 per major era of country. Still will be a great list though, and we have been very thorough so far...but I'm going to tell you now we did discount people like Jimmie Rodgers and Bob Wills, because we assumed their appeal would be pretty limited overall, and included lots of new country fags, because for some reason millions of people buy their shit. So yeah, tough sledding, but there will certainly be people to vote for. I helped make the list of 32, but I think I may stay out of seeding. That shit might get violent.
    #4 Motorhead (A)
    The seeding is going to ensure real compelling matchups right off the bat ... a real made for TV special