Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Easily the Biggest Achievement of the Season

2»

Comments

• ThumpThump Member Posts: 793
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited December 2015
    Two questions :

1. Anybody have a pic of the postgame handshake between Sark & Pete?

I'm guessing Pete looked something like this as he walked up to Sark...

2. Would it be wrong of us to pitch in and send Sark a bottle of Patron?
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,718
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

So what do you think he'll get?

I'd be shocked if this deal made it to court?

What would USC settle for?

What would Sark settle for?

Is there overlap in those ranges? How close to the high/low end of those ranges are each party?

It's great to say that you disagree. But what do you think will happen?

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert, but he will probably settle for 1-3 million.

Edit: Someone else said the same thing....just noticed
  • FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,702
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited January 2021
    Tequilla said:

The Courts have made alcoholism and drug dependency a disease and something that employers need to work with in terms of providing opportunities for treatment and rehabilitation. SC and Pat Haden didn't do that here it would appear ...

You can almost guarantee that the reason that Sark has not only gone forward with this lawsuit, but also for the amount that he has, is because it's almost a guarantee slam dunk that he wins or settles. IF it goes to court, all of the dirty laundry comes out and the impact on his character and future coaching prospects go in the shitter so he needs a high sum to cover his future earnings as a result. It's a loss earnings argument on his behalf ... say 20 years of coaching remaining at $4M+ per year discounted to current $'s.

I'd expect that the SC lawyers will play a bit of hard ball to make Sark and his team sweat a bit and see if they can get them to accept a lower settlement but behind closed doors they know that they'll lose badly if they go to trial on this.

I expect that Sark will probably settle for somewhere around $15M and be hired on as a studio analyst on the PAC Network next year.

• dirtysouwfdawgdirtysouwfdawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 11,704
    5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

The Courts have made alcoholism and drug dependency a disease and something that employers need to work with in terms of providing opportunities for treatment and rehabilitation. SC and Pat Haden didn't do that here it would appear ...

You can almost guarantee that the reason that Sark has not only gone forward with this lawsuit, but also for the amount that he has, is because it's almost a guarantee slam dunk that he wins or settles. IF it goes to court, all of the dirty laundry comes out and the impact on his character and future coaching prospects go in the shitter so he needs a high sum to cover his future earnings as a result. It's a loss earnings argument on his behalf ... say 20 years of coaching remaining at $4M+ per year discounted to current $'s.

I'd expect that the SC lawyers will play a bit of hard ball to make Sark and his team sweat a bit and see if they can get them to accept a lower settlement but behind closed doors they know that they'll lose badly if they go to trial on this.

I expect that Sark will probably settle for somewhere around $15M and be hired on as a studio analyst on the PAC Network next year.

If you don’t think addiction is a disease you can fuck yourself.