Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker

From opening kick off until the final gun, the 2013 Cougs gave it all they had.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,698
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    Founders Club
    “That would be the only game that would lose.... before the rose bowl”

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    The statement about Matt Kegel throwing up on himself wasn’t necessary. Matt is and has always been a class act. Remember him bringing his severely autistic friend to the practice field? How many college QB’s do that? That was the genuine Matt. Was I frustrated to see us lose the game? Yes. How do you think he felt about the outcome of that game?

Matt may not have been on the best WSU team, but he delivered the biggest win in WSU’s bowl game history.
  • LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

The statement about Matt Kegel throwing up on himself wasn’t necessary. Matt is and has always been a class act. Remember him bringing his severely autistic friend to the practice field? How many college QB’s do that? That was the genuine Matt. Was I frustrated to see us lose the game? Yes. How do you think he felt about the outcome of that game?

Matt may not have been on the best WSU team, but he delivered the biggest win in WSU’s bowl game history.

WSU fans are lucky I went to the practice field at all
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Agreed, I think. Was that the year I watched them beat Houston on Christmas day...Aloha Bowl? Rosenbach was good.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Can some of you older teen boy stalkers explain how we let Drew Bledsoe go to coug?
  • CougzzCougzz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 276
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Can some of you older teen boy stalkers explain how we let Drew Bledsoe go to coug?

He was in the presidents booth in Seattle at his father’s alma mater for the Apple Cup during his senior year in high school. The Huskies scored and he realized on the spot that he was a Coug. That was what he said, anyway.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    Swaye's Wigwam
    My cousin was on the 2002 squad. I vote 1997.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bledsoe made the right choice for him. I think he was better than Brunell, Hobart and D Huard but it looked like playing time would be hard to come by

Would we have won the natty with Drew? Maybe two or three
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

Bledsoe made the right choice for him. I think he was better than Brunell, Hobart and D Huard but it looked like playing time would be hard to come by

Would we have won the natty with Drew? Maybe two or three

We win a natty with tui in 2016
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    1997,2002,2003 were the best teams with 1988 and 2001 honorable mention. 1994 had a top 3 All time PAC defense and no QB. The 1988 may have been their best end of Season team. The dynasty of 01-03 had a major shortcoming that all but one of Leachs Coug teams has had, They couldn’t run the ball inside the 5. It cost us? at least 2 of those ACs, if not all 3 during the too soon years.

My favorite was the 2003 team. They weren’t supposed to do shit and then the D had 48 takeaways before the bowl game. But unfortunately they? Lived and died by the big play on Offense and left a ton of points on the board that Season with shitty inside the 10 Offense. They also turned it over quite a bit themselves on Offense.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,711
    Founders Club
    salemcoog said:

1997,2002,2003 were the best teams with 1988 and 2001 honorable mention. 1994 had a top 3 All time PAC defense and no QB. The 1988 may have been their best end of Season team. The dynasty of 01-03 had a major shortcoming that all but one of Leachs Coug teams has had, They couldn’t run the ball inside the 5. It cost us? at least 2 of those ACs, if not all 3 during the too soon years.

My favorite was the 2003 team. They weren’t supposed to do shit and then the D had 48 takeaways before the bowl game. But unfortunately they? Lived and died by the big play on Offense and left a ton of points on the board that Season with shitty inside the 10 Offense. They also turned it over quite a bit themselves on Offense.

The '88 Coog team beat a crappy UW team by one point, and had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to do it.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

The '88 Coog team beat a crappy UW team by one point, and had to come from behind in the fourth quarter to do it.
    That was a tuff crapy UW team