Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Sad to see how far QB U has fallen

13»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

With the massive busts of Vince Young, Bradford, Manziel, RG3 (FTG) among others, the Big 8 plus Texas schools STILL haven’t had a good NFL QB in 50 years.

Initially I was like, "that can't be true."

Bradford is by far the best Big-12 QB in the last 50 years and he sucks ass.

What a shit conference outside of OU they are worthless.*

*Pac-12 equally worthless.
    It was my biggest problem with the Redskins drafting RG3. (Besides the picks they gave up). Andy Dalton is literally the best and TCU was not even in the Big 12. If you expand it to Big 8 plus aTm/UT/TCU/Baylor/Texas Tech/SMU I think the last NFL HOFer was Sammy Baugh.

I don’t know why it is but you can’t ignore 50 years of it. The region (Texas) makes plenty of good QBs in HS, they just have to go to college outside of the region.
    So how do you like Baker Mayfield as the #1 pick ?
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

With the massive busts of Vince Young, Bradford, Manziel, RG3 (FTG) among others, the Big 8 plus Texas schools STILL haven’t had a good NFL QB in 50 years.

It was my biggest problem with the Redskins drafting RG3. (Besides the picks they gave up). Andy Dalton is literally the best and TCU was not even in the Big 12. If you expand it to Big 8 plus aTm/UT/TCU/Baylor/Texas Tech/SMU I think the last NFL HOFer was Sammy Baugh.

I don’t know why it is but you can’t ignore 50 years of it. The region (Texas) makes plenty of good QBs in HS, they just have to go to college outside of the region.
    Cleveland did what they always do, fuck up draft picks lolz. Sorry D Shelton
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,706
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Chris Simms almost died in a NFL game so there's that
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

Losers lose until they don’t. Both the Browns and Big 12 QBs.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

It's widely known that the only things from Texas are steers and queers, so no shock their QBs flame out.

OTOH a tuff Western PA has produced Montana, Unitas, Marino, Kelly, Blanda, and Namath
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Between Moon, Chandler and Brunell we racked up a crap ton of starts, but since then it's been slim pickings.

My favorite NFL QB of all time is a Duck by the way. Sad.

Early 80s chargers fan too eh? They never should have let John Jefferson leave though. That soured me on them a bit.
    That passing attack was ahead of its tim. Joiner, Jefferson, Winslow and Wes Chandler. Fouts was fearless in the pocket and never got enuff credit for being a tuff SOB, because at times he took a fucking beating since he was about as mobile as Dan Marino, which is to say, not at all.
    Yeah they were fun, and ran the ball pretty well too. Chuck Muncie put up a couple of 1000 yard seasons iirc.

There was a flying, one handed grab by Jefferson in the back of the end zone that I never saw a replay of, but is still burned into my memory as the most awesome thing I ever saw on a football field. That was the moment, at about age 8 or 9, where I stopped rooting for Pittsburg simply because my dad hated the Rams and Cowboys, and actually picked a team of my own.
    CHUCK MUNCIE TOO (pun intended) HIGH!!

I can't believe I never knew about Chuck Muncie's drug problems until today. But I didn't.

Apparently the whole fucking Chargers team was on drugs and the fucking Seahawks still couldn't beat them in the early 80s.

I'm never going to slander the greatest QB of all time Jim Zorn, but Jesus Fucking Christ.
    I sucked balls growing up a Chargers fan. I didn't know about the Dwags till 1990
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Between Moon, Chandler and Brunell we racked up a crap ton of starts, but since then it's been slim pickings.

Early 80s chargers fan too eh? They never should have let John Jefferson leave though. That soured me on them a bit.
    That passing attack was ahead of its tim. Joiner, Jefferson, Winslow and Wes Chandler. Fouts was fearless in the pocket and never got enuff credit for being a tuff SOB, because at times he took a fucking beating since he was about as mobile as Dan Marino, which is to say, not at all.
    Yeah they were fun, and ran the ball pretty well too. Chuck Muncie put up a couple of 1000 yard seasons iirc.

There was a flying, one handed grab by Jefferson in the back of the end zone that I never saw a replay of, but is still burned into my memory as the most awesome thing I ever saw on a football field. That was the moment, at about age 8 or 9, where I stopped rooting for Pittsburg simply because my dad hated the Rams and Cowboys, and actually picked a team of my own.

I can't believe I never knew about Chuck Muncie's drug problems until today. But I didn't.

Apparently the whole fucking Chargers team was on drugs and the fucking Seahawks still couldn't beat them in the early 80s.

I'm never going to slander the greatest QB of all time Jim Zorn, but Jesus Fucking Christ.
    I sucked balls growing up a Chargers fan. I didn't know about the Dwags till 1990
    Pumpy not letting you back on the wagon
    Nothing changed with me. Pup proclaimed on this bored back in '16 that I was on the wagon riding shotgun next to Billy.
    Swaye's Wigwam

chuck said:

chuck said:

Free Pub!

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,702
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

chuck said:

chuck said:

Oh yeah. Chuck liked the nose candy ... a lot.

A brilliantly talented guy. People would marvel at who well he could play while being high as a kite. I think he was free-basing at points in his pro career and STILL could take over a gayme.

The guy is probably dead in a gutter at this poont. He is never talked about or discussed.
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

chuck said:

chuck said:

Oh yeah. Chuck liked the nose candy ... a lot.

A brilliantly talented guy. People would marvel at who well he could play while being high as a kite. I think he was free-basing at points in his pro career and STILL could take over a gayme.

The guy is probably dead in a gutter at this poont. He is never talked about or discussed.
    According to wikipedia he died of a heart attack, but only five years ago, so I'm guessing not cocaine-related.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,702
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

So many good RBs come out of those areas and many corches still like to keep it on the ground and pound if they can because of the 3 / 2 bad things principle.

I"m guessing that's part of it; and the other part is that people in the southern part of the US are generally stupid and like to keep things simple.
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:

Mosster47 said:

whlinder said:

So many good RBs come out of those areas and many corches still like to keep it on the ground and pound if they can because of the 3 / 2 bad things principle.

I"m guessing that's part of it; and the other part is that people in the southern part of the US are generally stupid and like to keep things simple.
    You'd think HH was a 1980's clod hopper futbol forum with its loathing of the forward pass.