Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Which program - should they win another NT - replace SC or ND on Mt Rushmore?

Comments

• uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited July 2018
    (deleted because I realized I'm hungover and too pissed off to post)
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    Florida State
    Florida State finishing in the final AP top 5 for like 15 years straight is insane. They won multiple BCS era title, played for another, snapped the SEC streak, made it to the playoff (quack). Multiple heismans

Their recent success puts them above Miami imo. IF they won another title you'd have to say 3 coaches getting it done is no fluke.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    Doogles said:

Florida State finishing in the final AP top 5 for like 15 years straight is insane. They won multiple BCS era title, played for another (QUACK), snapped the SEC streak, made it to the playoff (WOOF). Multiple heismans

Their recent success puts them above Miami imo. IF they won another title you'd have to say 3 coaches getting it done is no fluke.

Dooging and quooking in the same poast. Chinned for the quooging.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited July 2018
    Miami
    Doogles said:

Florida State finishing in the final AP top 5 for like 15 years straight is insane. They won multiple BCS era title, played for another, snapped the SEC streak, made it to the playoff (quack). Multiple heismans

I will grant you the top 5 finishes ... remarkable, especially when you consider that FSU is one of the few programs that can actually stand behind the "anyplace, anytime" chatter. They've played some tuff schedules.

That said, 5 > 3, and as was just discussed elsewhere, Miami is within an eyelash of 8 titles (86, 88 and 02), and a couple of eyelashes from 9 (2000). They have a ridiculous home winning streak that you know well, they once had a 19 game road winning streak, they have an absurd record vs. #1 ranked teams, they have few equals when it comes to producing impact players at the pro level, all kinds of draft pick records, soon to be fourth all-time with Pro HOFamers when Reed gets in next year for 8 and will be chasing Ohio State's 10 players soon with potential inductees Gore, Edge, Dre Johnson and Wilfork (two of those gets in). And their 2001 team was an all-timer and as close to flawless as they come ... nails across the board, strong and deep at every position on the field.

Florida State has been a little less up and down, but I have a hard time putting FSU over them just yet. They'd need a couple more titles before you could be serious about that. AND, Miami doesn't have to "IF" the coaching question. 4 different coaches have won titles there.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Miami

Forgot Reggie Wayne! He may sneak in after a few ballots..
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option
    Central Florida.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Write-in Option

And USC respects us more @creepycoug

Hey, Miami REALLY respects Washington too. What with the streak and all ....

One other tie-in: EVERYBODY with a brain knows that Miami or Washington 2000 throttle 2000 Oklahoma. That's a crappy title.
    Except 2000 Oregon State would have beaten all of them in a Natty game.
    Miami
    salemcoog said:

One other tie-in: EVERYBODY with a brain knows that Miami or Washington 2000 throttle 2000 Oklahoma. That's a crappy title.
    Good poont. All 3 teams were very tuff end of year. Would have been a good year for a playoff.
    edited July 2018
    Write-in Option
    It was an honor for THE University of Oregon to own reigning national champion FSU and Mt. Rushmore final four finalist, on the national stage in front of millions and millions of duck fans nationwide in the playoffs.

First game Famous Jameis ever lost. He went 26-0 before falling to the duck blitzkrieg.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma
    FSU didn't want to be there
    Write-in Option

FSU didn't want to be there

Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma

It was an honor for THE University of Oregon to own reigning national champion FSU and Mt. Rushmore final four finalist, on the national stage in front of millions and millions of duck fans nationwide in the playoffs.

First game Famous Jameis ever lost. He went 26-0 before falling to the duck blitzkrieg.

Only tim I've ever rooted for Oregon. No means, no. No means, no.
    Write-in Option

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCOWYs6Kdmk
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well fuck Yella, no chinvite to the Autzen porking lot for you
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma

Only been to the porking lot once. Some scary looking hillbillies there fer sure but 6'6" Yella and 42-14 was enuff to keep my corn hole safe that day.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma
    salemcoog said:

That Oregon St QB was one tough ass SOB.
  • BabushkaBabushka Member Posts: 211
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

That Oregon St QB was one tough ass SOB.
    Son of @Babushka?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Oklahoma

Only been to the porking lot once. Some scary looking hillbillies there fer sure but 6'6" Yella and 42-14 was enuff to keep my corn hole safe that day.
    I didn't know that's how tall you are.

I'd appreciate if you reminded us all more often.

cunt
    Not a former Army Ranger though. My life is incomplete.