Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

UW survey

2»

Comments

• Options
    chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,612
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I couldn't finish this cheese dick survey without wanting to kick my own ass. Man that was gay, and not in a NTTAWWT way.
  • Options
    DawgFaderDawgFader Member Posts: 1,414
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Hard Wood...paneled 86 caravan.
  • Options
    MammaJammaMammaJamma Member Posts: 193
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I found most of the questions and answers they provided to be lacking and leading. It’s great that they wanted input from alumni/fans but at least ask the questions we want asked and not all the Todd Turner student athlete experience bullshit.

Only true revelevant question was the last write in. Of course I said James-era uniforms: that is the UW’s brand. Just embrace it.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

I found most of the questions and answers they provided to be lacking and leading. It’s great that they wanted input from alumni/fans but at least ask the questions we want asked and not all the Todd Turner student athlete experience bullshit.

Only true revelevant question was the last write in. Of course I said James-era uniforms: that is the UW’s brand. Just embrace it.

The questions were asked in a manner where you had a directional outcome that you wanted/expected and then framed those questions in a manner to ensure the desired outcome. Many of the questions honestly deserve no answer.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    HuskyJW said:

If for the music question you didn't put down the University of Washington marching band I hope you kill yourself today.

That's one tradition that needs to die. Marching bands are lame. We don't need one just because there has always been one.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Brad McDavid is lame ... the band is not lame
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

HuskyJW said:

If for the music question you didn't put down the University of Washington marching band I hope you kill yourself today.

That's one tradition that needs to die. Marching bands are lame. We don't need one just because there has always been one.
    What the fuck?
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited July 2018

HuskyJW said:

Did someone stick a flute up ur ass or something when you were forced to learn music by ur tiger mom?
  • Options
    Doog_de_JourDoog_de_Jour Member Posts: 7,958
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

Someone(hopefully Jen) needs to make uppercampus realize that revenue sports butter everyone's bread.

You can't magically make non-revenue sports generate $65 million by creating "supply".

As someone that played a non-revenue sport I'd still rather see them invest 10 to 1 in revenue sports because it simply grows the pie for the rest of us and it's not like all facilities are mutually exclusive. I sure liked having the UW football practice field to practice on and when I broke my ankle it was pretty nice that I could see a top physician and get all my treatment done right there on campus in an onsite facility.

Jen seems to get this on some level but the rest of the administration needs to catch up and our fucking marketing department needs to realize you can market sports as just sports and still market the school as a top level public university. They aren't mutually exclusive concepts.

A-fucking-men. Probably the biggest marketing tool of any university is its athletic program. I remember reading when Butler University made it to the Final Four in basketball several years ago, their applications for enrollment jumped 40%! This Washington Post article also estimates that the school generated about one BILLION dollars of FREE PUB! from the tournament coverage.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/education/tiny-butlers-ncaa-tournament-success-provided-a-bounce-beyond-basketball/2013/03/20/8f749926-8ca3-11e2-9f54-f3fdd70acad2_story.html?noredirect=on&utm_term=.beb20e510ac3

It’s a symbiotic relationship if the AD & upper campus play nice with one another. Having a strong academic reputation can sometimes be the deciding factor for some football/basketball recruits.