Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watched the Fiesta Bowl again

YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
  • Options
    MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
  • Options
    creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,741
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    This damn bowel has not been kind to my? Canes. Please to be not bringing it up anymoar ... until we? can redeem our damn selves in that hell hole.
  • Options

This damn bowel has not been kind to my? Canes. Please to be not bringing it up anymoar ... until we? can redeem our damn selves in that hell hole.

Candidly, that one was worse. In 2002, Ohio State showed up to play and as I recall the box scores wouldn't show a one-sided gayme.

Look at the box score of the Penn State gayme and, other than the 5 ints, tell me how many times you'd expect the team on the right side of that ledger would lose? That gayme still haunts me. The '86 Miami team was nails and should have a title.
  • Options
    HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,855
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Candidly, that one was worse. In 2002, Ohio State showed up to play and as I recall the box scores wouldn't show a one-sided gayme.

Look at the box score of the Penn State gayme and, other than the 5 ints, tell me how many times you'd expect the team on the right side of that ledger would lose? That gayme still haunts me. The '86 Miami team was nails and should have a title.
    Miami very easily could have won 7 or 8 NTs in from 1983 to 2002, instead of just 5. Then you'd have to put them on Mt Rushmore.
  • Options

Miami very easily could have won 7 or 8 NTs in from 1983 to 2002, instead of just 5. Then you'd have to put them on Mt Rushmore.
    Well, they were certainly good enuff in 88, and were jobbed a bit, or a lot, at South Bend with the Cleveland Gary call. It's not often that a crew will publicly apologize for missed call, but whatever. As Johnson told his team, if you put the game in the ref's hands, you have yourself to blame. That season was frustrating. You didn't always know which team would show. The team that went into Baton Rouge at night and laid 44 on LSU in a win that would have been 64 to 3 had it not rained to hard? The team that just fucking throttled pre-season #1 FSU 31-0? Or the team that went to sleep on the road at Michigan and had to come screaming from behind late in the 4th to edge out a 1 point win? It was a decent Michigan team that dropped a couple of one point losses but still .... Or the team that squeaked out a 2 point win to Barry Foster's Razorbacks? In any event, they lost to the champs on the road, but during that run, Miami owned Notre Dame at home, and I would have liked their chances at a neutral site.

'86, '88 and '02 are the years where I think it's fair to say a title was there to be had. and in January 1990 there wasn't a team in the country who would have wanted to play them (Poor Texas), but there was no argument that year.