Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Libertarians are idiots. Chapter 1.

allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
So there’s 20 seconds of some neck beard foreigner popping off, you can ignore that. I used this video because it’s the shortest clip.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=kiqfIn9OU_c

The free market has spoken. There are zero libertarian countries. Libertarianism has accomplished nothing, ever. Saying your libertarian is equivalent to the people that say they’re agnostic when asked if they believe in god. Oh you’re so much better than everyone because you’re not on either side. Look at you so far above the fray. It’s pseudo intellectual bullshit.

Comments

• oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Libertarianism is not equipped to coexist alongside oppressive systems of government and religion. If one lives, the other must die. Pure libertarianism fails to protect freedom and liberty because it also insists on protecting bad actors whose interests are not compatible with liberty, like Mike Damone illustrated, libertarians support the rights of Nazis and communists holding office. It also crumbles when faced with Islamic fascism. Libertarians would allow Osama bin Laden to run the country if he were voted in. Libertarianism panders to the mob and the passions of the times. It welcomes in the very forces that would destroy it. That makes it worthless as a viable political/social system.

We? identify as classical bigots, you libtard

• ThomasFremontThomasFremont Member Posts: 13,325
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Lebertarian:Republican::Agnostic::Atheist

I'm to "edgy" to be labeled a Republican "fuck you, dad!" even though I mostly agree with them.

And/or

I'm such a pussy, I'm afraid my limp wristed democrat friends will beat me up if I admit I'm a Republican.
    edited July 2018
    A libertarian government would be a reckless mess and fail quickly. They're dangerous in power, not because they're bad, but because they're stupid. Hondo fucking stupid.
  • HardlyClothedHardlyClothed Member Posts: 937
    Libertarianism in the US only exists as a political force because it’s propped up by dark money.

And all the Ron Paul 2012 people ended up going for Trump four years later so what does that tell you.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    When can I expect Chapter 2? Is some regulation preventing it?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Libertarianism in the US only exists as a political force because it’s propped up by dark money.

And all the Ron Paul 2012 people ended up going for Trump four years later so what does that tell you.

disagree
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    But if you weren’t Ron Paul 2008 you were just a bandwagoner anyway
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,722
    Swaye's Wigwam

Boobs went for Hilary

I once asked a libertarian if they were all dumbasses or just the ones on the internet
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club

That the Democrats ran Hillary Rodham Clinton.

Hope this helps.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Cool straw man brah.

Statists gonna state.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited July 2018
    Tim's were great before the guvmint started getting involved with their BS regulations!!

• WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

We? identify as classical liberals, you bigot

Damone already claimed the handle.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tim's were great before the guvmint started getting involved with their BS regulations!!

Please to not be conflating a preference for smaller, more local, and voluntary government with a false dichotomy of either no government or government.
    We are over regulated on the federal, state, and local level. I don't deny this. But as students of history, we have to remember what it was like living in this country before guvmint became a much bigger player. Given the choice between no regulation and over regulation, I chose the latter. Libertarians have some good ideas and we should implement some of them. I just don't want to go full libertariantard is all.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    Swaye's Wigwam

Please to not be conflating a preference for smaller, more local, and voluntary government with a false dichotomy of either no government or government.
    We are over regulated on the federal, state, and local level. I don't deny this. But as students of history, we have to remember what it was like living in this country before guvmint became a much bigger player. Given the choice between no regulation and over regulation, I chose the latter. Libertarians have some good ideas and we should implement some of them. I just don't want to go full libertariantard is all.
    Pick a political stance that isn't retarded when taking to it's extremes.
    Swaye's Wigwam

Pick a political stance that isn't retarded when taking to it's extremes.
    Don't be such a pussy