Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Free Agency

Comments

• HorrifyinglyAlluringHorrifyinglyAlluring Member Posts: 102
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Name Dropper First Comment
    please get cousins to join the GOAT

stephenson joining lebron = rodman joining jordan after the bad boys died

this is glorious
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited July 2018

I’m hearing Lebron and Kawhi had a conversation about playing together in LA. If that happens the season is over.

They'd get run by GS. They have literally no outside shooting.
    Josh Hart shot 39% from 3 last season and KCP shot 38%. Literally good outside shooters.
    Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?
    JR Smith made the dumbest play in NBA history. JR Smith also has a ring because he played next to Lebron James. I’ll let you google which team it was that they beat.
    Kyrie Irving + Lebron> Kawhi + Lebron

Also, GSW didn't have Durant.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

I’m hearing Lebron and Kawhi had a conversation about playing together in LA. If that happens the season is over.

Josh Hart shot 39% from 3 last season and KCP shot 38%. Literally good outside shooters.
    Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?
    JR Smith made the dumbest play in NBA history. JR Smith also has a ring because he played next to Lebron James. I’ll let you google which team it was that they beat.

STOp
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

RIP LeBrons finals streak

Or even sniffing the Finals ever again without being traded. He’s setting himself up for life after B-ball. Can’t blame him for that. He certainly is not chasing a championship anymore. No Paul. No George. The only way they get Leonard is to get rid of Kuzma and Randle/Ingram and offer a few first rounders. Buford and Pop aren’t bringing Big baller to the river walk. So that would leave them looking to Boogie as the 3rd piece if they can get Leonard.

The Lakers are now the 3rd best team in the conference doing nothing else. With another piece they can challenge Houston. There’s nothing that can be done to challenge GS though.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

This would be a decent troll if I wasn’t the biggest Kyrie stan on the board. Search his name and you’ll find me arguing about how great he is. He’s not close to Kawhi.

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

This would be a decent troll if I wasn’t the biggest Kyrie stan on the board. Search his name and you’ll find me arguing about how great he is. He’s not close to Kawhi.
    Hryk
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

Kyrie's style of play compliments Lebron's much better. Kawhi's a little redundant. He's better than Kyire but I think Kyrie brings a whole different element to defend.

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

Kyrie's style of play compliments Lebron's much better. Kawhi's a little redundant. He's better than Kyire but I think Kyrie brings a whole different element to defend.
    Totally disagree, Kyrie's style is way more redundant alongside LeBron. Kyrie needs the ball in his hands, just like LeBron does. Kawhi is much more comfortable playing off the ball. And Kawhi is way more versatile defensively than Kyrie is.

Kawhi (assuming he's a Laker, and healthy) will be by far the best player LeBron has ever played with and the best match for LeBron.

I still don't think it's enough to get by GS, but that's a different discussion.
    edited July 2018
    dnc said:

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

Totally disagree, Kyrie's style is way more redundant alongside LeBron. Kyrie needs the ball in his hands, just like LeBron does. Kawhi is much more comfortable playing off the ball. And Kawhi is way more versatile defensively than Kyrie is.

Kawhi (assuming he's a Laker, and healthy) will be by far the best player LeBron has ever played with and the best match for LeBron.

I still don't think it's enough to get by GS, but that's a different discussion.
    Kawhi doesn’t need to bring the ball up nor really have a play set for him to get his. But He can bring the ball up when needed AND be the dagger at the end of games if needed. He was the best 2-way player in the league before getting hurt and no one else was close. Kyrie is a good defender. Kawhi may be the best ever guarding the 1-3 spots though. Better than Mike, Scottie, GP or any of them.
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

Kawhi doesn’t need to bring the ball up nor really have a play set for him to get his. But He can bring the ball up when needed AND be the dagger at the end of games if needed. His level of play when He was the best 2-way player in the league before getting hurt and no one else was close. Kyrie is a good defender when he wants to be. Kawhi may be the best ever guarding the 1-3 spots though. Better than Mike, Scottie, GP or any of them.
    Minor edit there.

Not sure Kawhi's the GOAT wing defender, but he's definitely in the discussion.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Javale McGee to the Lakers. Don’t like that move.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

I actually agree with this
  • BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

Josh who?

JR Caldwell Pope?

I actually agree with this
    you agreeing with that retarded take is the least surprising thing on this forum. less surprising than anything hondo farts out. please don't double down and offer additional retard takes. please.

Javale McGee to the Lakers. Don’t like that move.

If He’s the Man that He was in GS, it’s a good move for them. He was great in the playoffs, wasn’t a public distraction to the team. It’s addition by subtraction the way I see it.

Oh wait.

Shit!!! Fucking crazy!!!

The Lakers just got Swaggy P for a pick too!!!

^^^* just joshin with ya.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    I don't think the Kawhi deal is going to happen to the Lakers this offseason.

What I think you're going to see happen is that Leonard isn't going anywhere but the Lakers once his contract is up. So for the Spurs to get ANYTHING for him, they are going to have to massively drop their demands. They may get a bit of a poo poo platter from the Sixers of future assets for a year of Kawhi. But the Lakers have basically given a bunch of filler contracts for 1 year to be somewhat competitive this year but keep some money available for next year. If the Spurs eventually break down and take on Deng's contract back along with some piece they'll obvious make the deal for Leonard. But they have basically zero leverage at this point and everybody knows it.
  • GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    hard to see lebron agreeing to a one year mulligan at age 33 although your logic is sound
    I don't think it's a given that the Lakers are the 3rd best team in the West right now as it currently stands.

Let's assume that they get the 3 seed and they don't sign another big name this offseason. The Lakers are going to walk into the Playoffs almost assured of having to face one of New Orleans, OKC, Utah, Denver, or Minnesota in the 1st round. I'm not confident that the Lakers beat New Orleans (assuming Boogie goes back there and is healthy by playoff time) in a 7 game series. I think Utah desperately needs to potentially find a wing upgrade to help both LBJ but their overall defense will provide a challenge. I'm not sold on OKC but if there is a type of series where Westbrook would thrive in, this would be that type of series. Both Denver and Minnesota have pieces that will at least make the series interesting.

Point being, LeBron's not in the East anymore where he can coast through the regular season and at least 1 round of the Playoffs. Who knows what other moves are out there, but I also didn't mention Portland, Memphis, or Dallas … each of those teams would tell you right now that they expect to be contenders for the Playoffs. And the Clippers are a complete Wild Card team. The only teams in the West that I expect to be fully worthless will be Sacramento because they are Sacramento and Phoenix because they are super young … although I expect they will be a lot better next year.
    Gladstone said:

hard to see lebron agreeing to a one year mulligan at age 33 although your logic is sound

I think LBJ wants to win but it wasn't the #1 priority behind his decision. I think in no particular order the considerations that he had were consolidating his business interests after his career ended, living in a location that that played into his son's basketball future, and winning.

I do think that one difference between prior moves that he has made is that he does realize is that as he gets older, he needs some younger players to help carry the load as he won't be able to do that forever.

If his move was all about winning, he would have either done a sign and trade with Houston or he would have signed there on a 1 + 1 deal there to knock down the Warriors before going somewhere else afterwards (unless he decided to just go to Philly).