Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Watched the Fiesta Bowl again...

2»

Comments

• Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

This is Pete’s first turn going up against a good team the first game of the season at UW. At least with a good team going in anyway. His record at BSU getting ready for big games with a long layoff, be it Bowls or openers was impeccable. If you’re truly baaaaaaackk. You win this game. If you don’t, then you’re probably the same team you were the last 2 years. Good enough to wreck most PAC 12 teams but still not ready for Primetime at the end of the Season.

It's chinteresting because Pete's generally been terrible in openers at UW. We underperformed in the Hawaii game, lost the Boise game, and didn't look very good this year at Rutgers. Only the 2016 Rutgers game was what you would have wanted to see, and that was not so coincidentally the one year we had a legitimately very good team.

I'm hoping most of the opener woes have been because of shit competition, and we'll come out strong for Auburn since as you noted Pete has it in him to start fast. He hasn't shown it much since coming to UW though.
    Your dwags have been night and day when at home or on the road during this run. AC excepted. Almost like a Hoops team. You were horrible for most of 3 quarters against a bottom 20 program in Rutgers last season. Auburn will be pretty much a road game as I understand it’s in the ATL or Dallas? So it’s a big step for your dwags. But still a step that would expect to be taken to be a top 5 or playoff team.

I’m trying to think of UWs signature road win in the Pete era. I remember Utah but I can’t remember if your win against SC was at home or a roadie?
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    College football is better when sark is a part of it

Kevin sumlin is a boring shitty substitute.
  • Options
    BreadBread Member Posts: 3,970
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dont fforget kicker. Vizciano was bad at field goals but atleast was good on kick offs. Do we even have a kicker on the roster?
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Bread said:

Dont fforget kicker. Vizciano was bad at field goals but atleast was good on kick offs. Do we even have a kicker on the roster?

pgos
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,185
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

This is Pete’s first turn going up against a good team the first game of the season at UW. At least with a good team going in anyway. His record at BSU getting ready for big games with a long layoff, be it Bowls or openers was impeccable. If you’re truly baaaaaaackk. You win this game. If you don’t, then you’re probably the same team you were the last 2 years. Good enough to wreck most PAC 12 teams but still not ready for Primetime at the end of the Season.

It's chinteresting because Pete's generally been terrible in openers at UW. We underperformed in the Hawaii game, lost the Boise game, and didn't look very good this year at Rutgers. Only the 2016 Rutgers game was what you would have wanted to see, and that was not so coincidentally the one year we had a legitimately very good team.

I'm hoping most of the opener woes have been because of shit competition, and we'll come out strong for Auburn since as you noted Pete has it in him to start fast. He hasn't shown it much since coming to UW though.
    Your dwags have been night and day when at home or on the road during this run. AC excepted. Almost like a Hoops team. You were horrible for most of 3 quarters against a bottom 20 program in Rutgers last season. Auburn will be pretty much a road game as I understand it’s in the ATL or Dallas? So it’s a big step for your dwags. But still a step that would expect to be taken to be a top 5 or playoff team.

I’m trying to think of UWs signature road win in the Pete era. I remember Utah but I can’t remember if your win against SC was at home or a roadie?
    On the road, underdoogs, and against Sark at USC has gotta be the one. I was there in the nicest 50 yard line seats and heard their lamentations, "But it's Washington! We always beat Washington!"
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,579
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    LebamDawg said:

I watched it again and this was my favorite still

Nice
  • Options
    TTJTTJ Member Posts: 4,795
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

This is Pete’s first turn going up against a good team the first game of the season at UW. At least with a good team going in anyway. His record at BSU getting ready for big games with a long layoff, be it Bowls or openers was impeccable. If you’re truly baaaaaaackk. You win this game. If you don’t, then you’re probably the same team you were the last 2 years. Good enough to wreck most PAC 12 teams but still not ready for Primetime at the end of the Season. If Browning can’t deliver against a team like Auburn the first game, He’s not going to do it in January either.

Lucid take.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,655
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

salemcoog said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

that game was epic for sark losing it on the side line and topped off by banner crying with a flag drapped over him.
    That's because Gaines knocked the shit out of him!