Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

My thoughts on the class so far (long)

Comments

• Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    PurpleJ said:

salemcoog said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

I'll let you know in four or five years! Time will tell! Either way it will be interesting!

If only there were some way to predict how classes will turn out.
    Why even play the games at all? We can determine championships based on gold stars being handed out! The Ducks are back!

Take it to the 'Alabama is doing it the wrong way' bored.
    Let's hire Sark as their head coach and see what happens to all that talent.
    You might like to read this: https://www.seccountry.com/alabama/nick-saban-changed-college-footballs-recruiting-culture

I'll summarize: Saban thinks recruiting is the most important thing he does.

I'll summarize the relevance to this bored: Pete is much closer to Saban than to Sark.

I will do some extra math for you:

If you don't think recruiting matters, you are wrong.

If you are arguing 'what matters more' then you are a fucking idiot who doesn't understand simple path models of causation.

Most fucking Americans are so fucking retarded they cannot even conceptualize a world in which an outcome can have more than one variable affecting it... but it turns out...

WAIT FOR IT

WAIT FOR IT

WAIR FOT IW

WAIT... JUST A LITTLE LONGER...

WE HAVE THE TECHNOLOGY!!!!!!!! WOAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWWOWOW!!!!

Kreist. Everybody knows recruiting counts. But most sane people know that tweeting 200 times per day about how good this teen boy is and that teen boy isn’t, is not helping UWs situation. In fact, in your case, it’s self serving as it’s clear that you just ache to be the next Roof or Chest.

Sad.
    He's firmly in Chest territory with the advanced metrics shit. Still waiting on my spreadscheeks.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

PurpleJ said:

I'll let you know in four or five years! Time will tell! Either way it will be interesting!

That must be why Texas and USC have been so dominant the past 10 years.
    Anyone who says this is a fucking lunatic.

AGAIN - FUCKING PATH MODEL.

DO YOU GET IT??

THERE. IS. MORE THAN. ONE. FACTOR. YOU FUCKING. MORON.

ARE.

YOU.

FUCKING.

RETARDED.

BUT WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE?!?!!?!?!? I'M A RETARD AMERICAN!!!! WHAT WORKS EVERY TIME AND IS ALWAYS RIGHT!?!!?!?!?!?

IT IS A FUCKING PATH MODEL.

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE THING THAT CONTRIBUTES TO THE VARIANCE IN THE OUTCOME?!?!

BUT IS IT RECRUITING OR COACHING?!?!?!?!?!?!

WHICH IS MORE IMPORTANT?!!?!?!

I AM A RETARDO AND I NEED TO KNOW!!!! THE IDEA THAT TWO THINGS CAN MATTER DOES NOT COMPUTE TO ME!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NEED ONE THING!!!!

BUT IT IS A PATH MODDEL.

LIKE THIS YOU FUCKING MINGER:

• Options
    Fear_BonerFear_Boner Member Posts: 755
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:
    Burying the lede.....

Double WOOD, and a might as well.
    If you wouldn't sell your kid to boink any one of them you don't belong here.
    Only for the middle one.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

PurpleJ said:

DO YOU GET IT??

ARE.

YOU.

FUCKING.

RETARDED.

BUT WHAT IS THE BOTTOM LINE?!?!!?!?!? I'M A RETARD AMERICAN!!!! WHAT WORKS EVERY TIME AND IS ALWAYS RIGHT!?!!?!?!?!?

THERE IS MORE THAN ONE THING THAT CONTRIBUTES TO THE VARIANCE IN THE OUTCOME?!?!

I AM A RETARDO AND I NEED TO KNOW!!!! THE IDEA THAT TWO THINGS CAN MATTER DOES NOT COMPUTE TO ME!!!!!!!!!! I JUST NEED ONE THING!!!!

BUT IT IS A PATH MODDEL.

Did you have your morning coffee yet?
  • Options

PurpleJ said:

DO YOU GET IT??

ARE.

YOU.

FUCKING.

RETARDED.

BUT IT IS A PATH MODDEL.

Did you have your morning coffee yet?
    Having it right now, why?
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,864
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:
    Burying the lede.....

Never made the mistake ruining my life by having kids.
    This would depend. Did you have genes worth passing along or not?
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

whlinder said:
    Burying the lede.....

It’s moot, because I’m the youngest and my siblings already passed on the genes long ago.

With that out of the way I settled in nicely to the Double Income No Kidz lifestyle I always hoped for.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:
    Burying the lede.....

It’s moot, because I’m the youngest and my siblings already passed on the genes long ago.

With that out of the way I settled in nicely to the Double Income No Kidz lifestyle I always hoped for.
    Me too. My domestic partner’s stripper money just pays for all our drugs and then I take care of the bills.
    I thought you said you became a fast strategy dad by 14. Keep yer stories straight man.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

whlinder said:
    Burying the lede.....

I hear ya. There's a lot of pros to the hedonistic, DINK lifestyle. I'd be rich instead of pour if it weren't for those damn little Yellas.
  • Options
    Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,909
    Swaye's Wigwam

The great thing about being fast strategy is that we realize there’s a difference between having kids and paying for them.

LOL...
  • Options
    ThebourbinatorThebourbinator Member Posts: 664
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

The great thing about being fast strategy is that we realize there’s a difference between having kids and paying for them.

By perpetuating this stereotype you are ensuring that fast strat kids won’t be paid for until college, thus guaranteeing that we will have a hard time signing fast strat kids who have illusions of massive coffee cups..
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

The ultimate realization of FS is a Lamborghini in your mom’s name while you are on public assistance living in projects that are your own personal drug empire.

I may never be able to achieve on that level, but I do aspire to have a car worth more than my house. And I think I can get there.

Also: it’s not a stereotype. FS life is real.

Meanwhile out here in the PNW, even houses in Kent cost more than luxury rides. The south is still a 3rd world country when it comes to real estate.
  • Options

The ultimate realization of FS is a Lamborghini in your mom’s name while you are on public assistance living in projects that are your own personal drug empire.

I may never be able to achieve on that level, but I do aspire to have a car worth more than my house. And I think I can get there.

Meanwhile out here in the PNW, even houses in Kent cost more than luxury rides. The south is still a 3rd world country when it comes to real estate.
    Get a studio condo in a shitty part of Puyallup. You have to get creative man.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam

I'd drive through the projects to get to our RB house and always liked the BMWs and the guy getting out with a rack of dry cleaning headed into a shack. Gotta have your priorities
  • Options

I'd drive through the projects to get to our RB house and always liked the BMWs and the guy getting out with a rack of dry cleaning headed into a shack. Gotta have your priorities
    Life is about priorities and principles and if you are FS and not doing things like this you've sold out.