Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Wages falling dramatically

124»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Its odd how rich people get richer.

I've yet to see the legislation that brings others up., All we have is examples of everyone getting poor to be equal

Make sure to let me know when you have a better way

Even the politicians that have been crying about wage inequality for 20 years don't have a solution. Perhaps it is because history tells us this system gives the most the best chance and even the losers get lucky sometimes. Or get welfare

I've been poor and I've been middle and I can't think of anyone other than myself to blame

While I'm in an industry that has high demand and do work most people in my field have zero desire to do (sorry @Swaye ). Most people are not like that. So when businesses fuck up the economy, and then they fire everyone except upper management who fucked it up... That's not a good recipe. Should the employees have diversified themselves better? Of course. But that's not reality for 80% of the people out there.

What's funny tho Race. People like you bitch about not having enough manufacturing in America. Them blame the low skilled worker when they can't find a job. Which is it?

Then big business like Boeing does stupid shit. They literally cut off overtime this week so they can hit their quarterly number. That hurts workers so the upper management can get a bigger bonus, much bigger than the average employee even makes. It's bullshit like that that causes resentment with the wealthy.
    If Boeing is stupid, then I want to be stupid. Company has been printing money for a few years now.

The only tim you have to worry about resentment of the wealthy is when the workers become a mob. As long as they just enough skin in the game to avoid anarchy and revolt, we're fine.

This country is about winners and losers. Pick a side.
    True dat. Boeing has been kicking ass and the 787 was brilliant.

My point is however. The system is setup where upper management gets paid at the expense of the average worker.
    I think you need to rethink that position.

The implications for that system being wrong go well beyond corporate hierarchy.

Managing a complex, global multi-zillion organization is not responsibility for average people. It's actually a hard thing to do, and it's super easy to fuck it up. There is a local company that has been around for a very long tim that not long ago post very bad #s and lost a pile of cash in one year. New senior management team, and three years later, voila! The company is NOT losing a pile of cash, stock price is up, and they're doing well. Pension payments are being made on tim and people are still working.

It's also a huge responsibility. If those senior people fuck things up, all those workers you care so much about are screwed.

Leadership is hard. It's hard.
    That actually is my point. Those senior people do fuck it up. And when they do, they fire the employees and not themselves. Well except the CEO usually goes. And even in the midst of success, they are not allowing overtime at quarter end to make their numbers look good.

That's exactly why I don't work for a large corporation and I'm actually part of the senior management in the firm I work for.
    Big if true.

The age old quandary of, should I Season the fries with Johnny’s or Lawrys, has proven to be a hazardous crossroad for many a C level executive.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

I've yet to see the legislation that brings others up., All we have is examples of everyone getting poor to be equal

Even the politicians that have been crying about wage inequality for 20 years don't have a solution. Perhaps it is because history tells us this system gives the most the best chance and even the losers get lucky sometimes. Or get welfare

I've been poor and I've been middle and I can't think of anyone other than myself to blame

While I'm in an industry that has high demand and do work most people in my field have zero desire to do (sorry @Swaye ). Most people are not like that. So when businesses fuck up the economy, and then they fire everyone except upper management who fucked it up... That's not a good recipe. Should the employees have diversified themselves better? Of course. But that's not reality for 80% of the people out there.

What's funny tho Race. People like you bitch about not having enough manufacturing in America. Them blame the low skilled worker when they can't find a job. Which is it?

Then big business like Boeing does stupid shit. They literally cut off overtime this week so they can hit their quarterly number. That hurts workers so the upper management can get a bigger bonus, much bigger than the average employee even makes. It's bullshit like that that causes resentment with the wealthy.
    If Boeing is stupid, then I want to be stupid. Company has been printing money for a few years now.

The only tim you have to worry about resentment of the wealthy is when the workers become a mob. As long as they just enough skin in the game to avoid anarchy and revolt, we're fine.

My point is however. The system is setup where upper management gets paid at the expense of the average worker.

The implications for that system being wrong go well beyond corporate hierarchy.

Managing a complex, global multi-zillion organization is not responsibility for average people. It's actually a hard thing to do, and it's super easy to fuck it up. There is a local company that has been around for a very long tim that not long ago post very bad #s and lost a pile of cash in one year. New senior management team, and three years later, voila! The company is NOT losing a pile of cash, stock price is up, and they're doing well. Pension payments are being made on tim and people are still working.

It's also a huge responsibility. If those senior people fuck things up, all those workers you care so much about are screwed.

That actually is my point. Those senior people do fuck it up. And when they do, they fire the employees and not themselves. Well except the CEO usually goes. And even in the midst of success, they are not allowing overtime at quarter end to make their numbers look good.

That's exactly why I don't work for a large corporation and I'm actually part of the senior management in the firm I work for.
    it actually wasn't your point and you just proved you still don't get the point
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    Wait until Boeing management gets their own robots in there. Overtime pay will be the least of the worries of the proletariat.

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Listen here shitdick. You only contribution is to say I'm wrong and stroke Trump's dick. Nice work.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Listen here shitdick. You only contribution is to say I'm wrong and stroke Trump's dick. Nice work.
    You sound stupid

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

You sound stupid
    That's my point.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Dude, senior management get the axed ALL THE TIM. This is what I do; this is my world. I'm not passing on information from a Forbes piece; I see it and live it. That's why the market for those services demand high pay and arrangements that will soften the blow when the inevitable occurs. When shit goes wrong way down the line, even in situations no human being could have prevented, the head of the snake gets cut-off. Otherwise, nobody would sign up for it, and the best of the best would go do other shit.

Being a Joe Sixpack has its perks. Just axe Sledog. One of those is less stress, and another is you're never in the line of fire. When a company has a big product liability shit show, the line worker's head isn't the sacrifice everyone wants to see; it's the CEO/COO/VP of Manufacturing, or all of the above.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,706
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

So Hondo's Hamburgers is booming then?
    One of YBE.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

trickledown does work and did work
    unless u wanna pretend china doesnt exist

Actually. If you must know.. That chart shows that trickle down does not work. But ok!
    it trickled to the chinks instead of the US where it had been trickling for the previous few decades
    for some reason boomers decided to bring billions of slave peasants suffering under authoritarian regimes into the workforce instead of enjoying prosperity and bringing third worlders in to replace the population instead of having children
    on the bright side we do get cheap lawn care and plastic shit
    You made the exact point. Even through 3 periods of trickle down economics. The wealthy and large businesses still outsourced the jobs to other countries.
    you said trickle down doesnt work
    youre wrong
    look at seattle
    i know a dozen utter retards making crazy money in tech solely due to their proximity to wealth
    none of these people are globally competitive
    First, you sound jealous.

Second, what do well paying tech jobs have to do with wealthy passing their tax cuts down to the middle class? They are well paid because of supply and demand. Not because of tax cuts or trickle down.

It's worse than talking to Houston.
    The fact you think “trickle down” is an actual economic theory that anyone ever tried to implement speaks volumes. Dumb fuck.
    Da fuq?

Reaganomics (/reɪɡəˈnɒmɪks/; a portmanteau of [Ronald] Reagan and economics attributed to Paul Harvey)[1] refers to the economic policies promoted by U.S. President Ronald Reagan during the 1980s. These policies are commonly associated with supply-side economics, referred to as trickle-down economics or voodoo economics by political opponents, and free-market economics by political advocates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-tax-cuts-boosting-american-workers-paychecks/
    It’s a political term, not found in economics you dumb fuck. But I’m not surprised you didn’t know that, being that you’re a political piece of shit. There is a standing offer by Thomas Sowell that off anyone can find “Trickle down” in any economic text book he would pay a reward. No one has collected. “Reaganomics” isn’t “trickle down”. You’re an ignorant dumb fuck.
    Ok here's the deal. If I find supply side or trickle down economics in an economics book..... You leave.

Deal?

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Actually. If you must know.. That chart shows that trickle down does not work. But ok!
    it trickled to the chinks instead of the US where it had been trickling for the previous few decades
    for some reason boomers decided to bring billions of slave peasants suffering under authoritarian regimes into the workforce instead of enjoying prosperity and bringing third worlders in to replace the population instead of having children
    You made the exact point. Even through 3 periods of trickle down economics. The wealthy and large businesses still outsourced the jobs to other countries.
    youre wrong
    look at seattle
    i know a dozen utter retards making crazy money in tech solely due to their proximity to wealth
    First, you sound jealous.

Second, what do well paying tech jobs have to do with wealthy passing their tax cuts down to the middle class? They are well paid because of supply and demand. Not because of tax cuts or trickle down.

It's worse than talking to Houston.
    The fact you think “trickle down” is an actual economic theory that anyone ever tried to implement speaks volumes. Dumb fuck.
    Da fuq?

Reaganomics (/reɪɡəˈnɒmɪks/; a portmanteau of [Ronald] Reagan and economics attributed to Paul Harvey)[1] refers to the economic policies promoted by U.S. President Ronald Reagan during the 1980s. These policies are commonly associated with supply-side economics, referred to as trickle-down economics or voodoo economics by political opponents, and free-market economics by political advocates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reaganomics

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings-statements/president-donald-j-trumps-tax-cuts-boosting-american-workers-paychecks/
    It’s a political term, not found in economics you dumb fuck. But I’m not surprised you didn’t know that, being that you’re a political piece of shit. There is a standing offer by Thomas Sowell that off anyone can find “Trickle down” in any economic text book he would pay a reward. No one has collected. “Reaganomics” isn’t “trickle down”. You’re an ignorant dumb fuck.
    Ok here's the deal. If I find supply side or trickle down economics in an economics book..... You leave.

Deal?
    You’re so stupid it hurts my head.
    Thought so. Dumbfuck.
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

youre wrong
    look at seattle
    What does “globally competitive” mean?

Who’s the retard in this scenario?
    is globally competitive really hard for you to decipher?

if they are born in china they are a child slave sewing shoes at best but probably rejected from that for incompetence and starved to death out of efficiency
    if they are born in seattle they are a diversity expert working in the HR department of some retarded tech company
    trickle down is real