Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hardy har har

2»

Comments

• bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter

dnc said:

I can sort of believe this, especially with Delgado. I have a hard time with the idea they wouldn't take Criddell's commit. No clue with Pittman.

But if these things are true, don't they kind of fly in the face of the "a UW offer means something" idea? If we're out there turning down commits left and right from kids we've offered then an offer doesn't actually mean something either.

These things may be true but I'm not sure broadcasting them is the best thing for the brand. Some things are better left unreported.

Helfrich tried this. We know how that turned out...
    So did Kelly, and it turned out pretty damn good for him.
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

dnc said:

I can sort of believe this, especially with Delgado. I have a hard time with the idea they wouldn't take Criddell's commit. No clue with Pittman.

But if these things are true, don't they kind of fly in the face of the "a UW offer means something" idea? If we're out there turning down commits left and right from kids we've offered then an offer doesn't actually mean something either.

These things may be true but I'm not sure broadcasting them is the best thing for the brand. Some things are better left unreported.

Helfrich tried this. We know how that turned out...
    So did Kelly, and it turned out pretty damn good for him.
    He was under investigation for two years, got a show cause and the NCAA closed the loop hole. Now he can barely recruit from LA.
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,957
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

I think there's a good chance Criddell wanted to commit at some point but wasn't willing to not visit other schools.

I don't understand backing off Pittman though, Ngata should be treated as luxury at this point.

It only makes sense if they only want one incoming wr if they don’t get ngata.
    But if that's the case they should have just pulled everyone else's offers when Davis committed.
    dnc said:

I think there's a good chance Criddell wanted to commit at some point but wasn't willing to not visit other schools.

I don't understand backing off Pittman though, Ngata should be treated as luxury at this point.

It only makes sense if they only want one incoming wr if they don’t get ngata.
    But if that's the case they should have just pulled everyone else's offers when Davis committed.
    I guess you can say we would have taken Kennedy Lewis. I don't know about the poly kid, but it seems like we definitely were slow playing Delgado and Pittman while they were looking to commit whether it be to us or just in general. Definitely a weird situation. I would have felt way better about it if we landed a second stud rb and that was taking the spot in the class but that looks less likely now.