Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Should Jim Harbaugh be on the hot seat?

2»

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Yes, he should. So that we can hire him as our HC after 1 year if Cristobal doesn't pan out.

Sad to see how far Oregon has fallen that they need a "turn around guy".
    We already mentioned that he is the wrong guy for a blue blood so Oregon works
    I'm almost ready to denounce Michigan as a blue blood. I mean really.

I did expect nutty to do moar at Michigan. His stint at Furd may have been his life-tim allotment of lightning in a bottle. That happens more often than not. I don't think Kelly will re-create his Oregon majic at UCLA either, a program that has clearly pissed off the gods.

Makes you respect Meyer all the moar ... dude is nails at every stop.
    Part of me thinks Meyer, not Saban is greatest corch in the game right now based on the overall body of work. He's been elite at 3 different schools, which no one has really done since the Bear. He's the only corch outside of the Confederacy to win a NT since Pete Carol.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic

Yes, he should. So that we can hire him as our HC after 1 year if Cristobal doesn't pan out.

I did expect nutty to do moar at Michigan. His stint at Furd may have been his life-tim allotment of lightning in a bottle. That happens more often than not. I don't think Kelly will re-create his Oregon majic at UCLA either, a program that has clearly pissed off the gods.

Part of me thinks Meyer, not Saban is greatest corch in the game right now based on the overall body of work. He's been elite at 3 different schools, which no one has really done since the Bear. He's the only corch outside of the Confederacy to win a NT since Pete Carol.
    Well Saban did do it at LSU, which is Bama-like at least by way of resources. Still.

Meyer did it at Florida, which is LSU-like.

Agreed: what he did at Utah is the differentiator.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    I would absolutely take Meyer.

If I was USC I'd take Saban.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538

You don't need them. Todd Graham was good enough to beat UW every year.
    Nah he broke the streak.

Dennis Erickson = UNDEFEATED
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    yea cuz hes a weird embarrassing freak so if he isnt getting huge results nobody is going to want him around
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Lambo crushed Saban with a month to prepare. Hi Pup!
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    Swaye's Wigwam

Well Saban did do it at LSU, which is Bama-like at least by way of resources. Still.

Meyer did it at Florida, which is LSU-like.

Agreed: what he did at Utah is the differentiator.
    As @oregonblitzkrieg likes to point out, Saban won that NT at LSU on the field. Voters had nuttin' to do with it.
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

You don't need them. Todd Graham was good enough to beat UW every year.
    Beat warshington. Nothing else matters.
  • LoneStarDawgLoneStarDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 13,098
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Doogles said:

Losers lose
  • Mosster47Mosster47 Member Posts: 6,246
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

Doogles said:

Losers lose
    The first time I saw Nick Saban the Ducks absolutely ass raped him in every aspect of the game, but he realized the south is where you need to be to dominate and it all worked out.

As for Harbaugh I get tons of Michigan insider info (that I don't want). It was understood by the AD and boosters that he was to get 4 years with no expectations to turn the program around from the Rich Rod and Hoke eras. Then he will be held to the normal standard of dominate Sparty and go .500 against tOSU. Dantoni and Urbs are both better coaches than him so that will never happen and Michigan stopped being a Blue Bloods when they fired Mueller for being a drunk, just like Nebraska with Solich.

Jim will be fired in 21 or 22 and they will completely fall off after. Their Scott Frost is about to fail.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam

yea cuz hes a weird embarrassing freak so if he isnt getting huge results nobody is going to want him around

Agree with the first part, but NFL teams and colleges would want him if he became available. He's a proven winner at the two highest levels.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If He turns in another 8-5 season with a loss to Ohio State, then definitely. Brady Hoke had a better season than He’s had.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,713
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Seat ought to be warm. Maybe not red hot