Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Stacked Draft Tonight (Draft Thread)

RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
Ayton is a beast. Doncic is going to be really good. A lot of other guys with high potential like Bagley and Bamba. I like Trey Young a lot. Hopefully there is a big trade.

Comments

• PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Wood smash Doncic’s mom. Nice rack.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Hate to see #MyGrizz loose out on Doncic. Jackson will be good but he’s not chinteresting.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Doncic is not athletic enough, IMO. I would not put my franchise in the hands of a Euro if I was a GM who wanted to keep my job. The list of Euros who have panned out at a high level is very short.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Celtics with the pick of the night imo, Robert Williams at 27 is insane. He has all star level potential as a rim running, shot blocking presence at the 4. Basically a poor mans Ayton at 6"11. Ainge is a fucking mastermind.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Celtics with the pick of the night imo, Robert Williams at 27 is insane. He has all star level potential as a rim running, shot blocking presence at the 4. Basically a poor mans Ayton at 6"11. Ainge is a fucking mastermind.

Ainge is lucky with this pick ... but that’s why good organizations are good because there are a lot of stupid ones.

If they can just get him to be a high energy defensive rim runner guy that fits a huge role for them ... think more athletic Baynes ...

But his upside is way higher than that if he puts the pieces together ... playing in a strong organization will also be a massive benefit for him
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Doncic is not athletic enough, IMO. I would not put my franchise in the hands of a Euro if I was a GM who wanted to keep my job. The list of Euros who have panned out at a high level is very short.

Larry Bird wasn’t athletic or so they said ...

I’m pretty sure Cuban disagrees with you on the whole Euro thing ... it’s not like he’s got any past experience to use as a barometer
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    Doncic is amazing and his mom is fucking holy shit.

Nowitzki
    Parker
    Gasol
    Gasol
    Peja
    Petrovic (RIP)
    Vlade
    Detlef
    Kukoc
    Porzingas
    Giannis
    Gobert
    Jokic

This criticism used to have some validity but it’s “stop loving in the past” status at this point.
    Founders Club
    edited June 2018
    dnc said:

Nowitzki
    Parker
    Gasol
    Gasol
    Peja
    Petrovic (RIP)
    Vlade
    Detlef
    Kukoc
    Porzingas
    Giannis
    Gobert
    Jokic

This criticism used to have some validity but it’s “stop loving in the past” status at this point.
    Measure that against the number of busts. This list is 13 deep over a 30+ year period.
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

I’m pretty sure Cuban disagrees with you on the whole Euro thing ... it’s not like he’s got any past experience to use as a barometer
    Bird played at a position that demanded less athleticism and during a completely different era. I wouldn't stake my job on Doncic.
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited June 2018

Tequilla said:

Bird played at a position that demanded less athleticism and during a completely different era. I wouldn't stake my job on Doncic.
    I’m all about bashing the old guys and that teams today would smoke everyone from back then but you gotta get the fuck outta here with even hinting at Bird not being good in today’s NBA. He would tear shit up.

Way to get out on a limb with that hot take. Please to be posting the list of American white boys drafted in the first round who panned out at a high level.....same thing.

Here - I'll save you time:

Gordon Hayward

Kevin Love

JJ Redick

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Ayton is a beast. Doncic is going to be really good. A lot of other guys with high potential like Bagley and Bamba. I like Trey Young a lot. Hopefully there is a big trade.

I don't understand young or why anyone likes him. He literally could be one of the worst lottery picks of my lifetime. The fact he was essentially picked 3rd overall is fucking insanity. He's 6'1" and string bean. Nobody in the nba is going to let him do the shit he did(poorly) in college. He was a turn over machine in college and now has to go against superior talent. Nothing about his body or game makes sense for the nba. At best, he's going to have to mold himself into a pass first PG b/c he does have good vision, but his more than generous ego is not going to allow that. He will be such a defensive liability at all times that I just can't imagine how/why anyone would draft this guy for anything more than a bench guy.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tend to agree on Young. The worst think is the Curry comparison

I actually liked to watch Curry in college and his teams won because of him. Not many players get me to turn on a college game and I didn't see one OU game because they sucked

Every small skinny guy isn't going to be a rare top 50 (all time not now) player like Steph
    Trey Young ran out of gas after about 12 games. He sucked dick in February and March.
    He's not Curry, that's for damned sure.

I'm hoping Doncic's mom goes retro Jeannie Buss with the basketball photo shoot.