Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Is the North Dakota game a MUST WIN?!?!???!!!1

PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
Swaye's Wigwam
THE PEOPLE NEED ANSWERS!!!!1

Is the North Dakota game a MUST WIN?!?!???!!!1 34 votes

Yes
38%
AlCzervikDennis_DeYoungGladstoneExtraChrisBStinky_HankeyDooglesanimateEwaDawgDoog_de_JourbackthepackRDRJoeEDangerouslyDoogCourics 13 votes
No
11%
CuntWaffleAtomicDawgoregonblitzkriegPitchfork51 4 votes
J?
50%
DerekJohnsonwhlinderApostleofGriefPurpleJUWhuskytskeetdncchuckbiak1HUSKYFANATIChaieGrundleStiltzkinNEsnake12Edwin_BambinoFireCohenjhfstyle24UW_Doog_Bot1to392831weretaken 17 votes

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Yes
    if UW lost to a D2 school the meltdown here would set the internet alight in ways our darkest nightmares couldn't fathom

i almost voted no

lol
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    J?
    I'll need to hear from Gladdy---

Oh.
  • dannarcdannarc Member Posts: 2,244
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    If we beat Awburn then lost to NDST, over half the members would be dead or banned. There would not be a white sock in the entire state of Washington from the massive run on bleach....
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    J?

Gladstone said:

if UW lost to a D2 school the meltdown here would set the internet alight in ways our darkest nightmares couldn't fathom

i almost voted no

lol

Especially if by some miracle we? beat Auburn the previous week. I can’t begin to fathom how we’d all survive going from such a euphoric high to such an epic low.
    if you can't handled the up and the downs of the preseason.......
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    The North Dakota Fighting Hawks represent the University of North Dakota, competing in the Big Sky Conference in the NCAA Division I's Football Championship Subdivision.

From 1973 to 2008, they played in the NCAA's NCAA Division II, winning the National Championship in 2001. From 1955 to 1972, they competed in the NCAA's College Division where they participated in and won three bowl games.

North Dakota fielded its first football team in 1894. In 1922, they were one of the 9 charter members of the North Central Conference, where they competed until 2008 when they upgraded all of their athletic programs to the Division I level and joined the Great West Conference. They joined the Big Sky Conference in 2012. UND has won 26 conference championships, including 14 outright titles. They have qualified for NCAA postseason play 17 times, most recently in 2016. North Dakota was ineligible for post season play during its transition to Division I from 2008 to 2011.

North Dakota will leave the Big Sky Conference for all sports except football in 2018 and join the Summit League. Their football program will join the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2020. Although being classified as an independent for football in 2018 and 2019, they will continue to play a full Big Sky schedule and their games will count in the conference standings for their opponents but the Fighting Hawks will be ineligible to win the conference championship.

North Dakota's primary rival was the North Dakota State University Bison. The two schools are separated by just 70 miles of interstate along the Eastern border of the state and have spent well over a century competing against one another for players, students, fans, resources and recognition. They first met in 1894 and have played 110 times. UND enjoys a healthy 62–45–3 lead in the all-time series. The winner of the game was awarded the Nickel Trophy, a 75-pound likeness of a 1937 U.S. nickel. What used to be an annual meeting, the game has not been played since 2003, when NDSU left the North Central Conference and elevated their programs to the Division I level. NDSU desired at the time to continue the series, however North Dakota declined because of potential negative Division II playoff implications, and also because NDSU would be playing with 27 more scholarships. North Dakota eventually moved to Division I also, and since then the two schools have been negotiating terms to resume the series. The two schools announced that they would renew the rivalry in the 2015 season. Initially it was not an annual series however, as the schools play in different conferences at the time. For reasons still unclear, the Nickel Trophy was not up for grabs in the 2015 game. The annual rivalry will resume in 2019 in part of the contract that includes the 2015 game and the conference change to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Nickel Trophy is currently held by the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks to be returned on further competition. The rivalry has been featured in documentaries by ESPN and Prairie Public TV.

• Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    No
    Oh wow

I take everything back I've said about auburn.

You guys curb stomp Auburn and lose to ndsu.

Oh boy would that be beautiful.

Make HH great again!
  • AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,958
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    No
    Is North Dakota in the conference? Didn't think so. Nuff said about that.
  • rodmansragerodmansrage Member Posts: 6,009
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

The North Dakota Fighting Hawks represent the University of North Dakota, competing in the Big Sky Conference in the NCAA Division I's Football Championship Subdivision.

From 1973 to 2008, they played in the NCAA's NCAA Division II, winning the National Championship in 2001. From 1955 to 1972, they competed in the NCAA's College Division where they participated in and won three bowl games.

North Dakota fielded its first football team in 1894. In 1922, they were one of the 9 charter members of the North Central Conference, where they competed until 2008 when they upgraded all of their athletic programs to the Division I level and joined the Great West Conference. They joined the Big Sky Conference in 2012. UND has won 26 conference championships, including 14 outright titles. They have qualified for NCAA postseason play 17 times, most recently in 2016. North Dakota was ineligible for post season play during its transition to Division I from 2008 to 2011.

North Dakota will leave the Big Sky Conference for all sports except football in 2018 and join the Summit League. Their football program will join the Missouri Valley Football Conference in 2020. Although being classified as an independent for football in 2018 and 2019, they will continue to play a full Big Sky schedule and their games will count in the conference standings for their opponents but the Fighting Hawks will be ineligible to win the conference championship.

North Dakota's primary rival was the North Dakota State University Bison. The two schools are separated by just 70 miles of interstate along the Eastern border of the state and have spent well over a century competing against one another for players, students, fans, resources and recognition. They first met in 1894 and have played 110 times. UND enjoys a healthy 62–45–3 lead in the all-time series. The winner of the game was awarded the Nickel Trophy, a 75-pound likeness of a 1937 U.S. nickel. What used to be an annual meeting, the game has not been played since 2003, when NDSU left the North Central Conference and elevated their programs to the Division I level. NDSU desired at the time to continue the series, however North Dakota declined because of potential negative Division II playoff implications, and also because NDSU would be playing with 27 more scholarships. North Dakota eventually moved to Division I also, and since then the two schools have been negotiating terms to resume the series. The two schools announced that they would renew the rivalry in the 2015 season. Initially it was not an annual series however, as the schools play in different conferences at the time. For reasons still unclear, the Nickel Trophy was not up for grabs in the 2015 game. The annual rivalry will resume in 2019 in part of the contract that includes the 2015 game and the conference change to the Missouri Valley Football Conference. The Nickel Trophy is currently held by the University of North Dakota in Grand Forks to be returned on further competition. The rivalry has been featured in documentaries by ESPN and Prairie Public TV.

great channel, 'farmers daughters after dark' is A+ stuff.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    J?
    Ten years ago North Dakota's conference rival was our? Central.
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Hopefully ND won't plunger us too badly.