Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Taylor Miterko, 2019 3* OL, Carlsbad (Carlsbad), NM (Offered)

2»

Comments

• Options

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Hmm... New Mexico kid via Texas with offers from TCU, Okie Lite, ASU, rapey Baylor U, etc... lottery ticket retirement plans have a better chance of working.

You could've said the same about Curne last year.
    Curne didn't have nearly the same quality of offers when we offered him. Not the same at all.
    I think we have a difference of opinion on what a "quality offer" is.

https://247sports.com/Player/Victor-Curne-46038599/TimelineEvents

https://247sports.com/Player/Taylor-Miterko-46040601/TimelineEvents
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,705
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Hmm... New Mexico kid via Texas with offers from TCU, Okie Lite, ASU, rapey Baylor U, etc... lottery ticket retirement plans have a better chance of working.

Curne didn't have nearly the same quality of offers when we offered him. Not the same at all.

I am not familiar with Miterko's recruitment but I recall tha2y Curne didn't get offers from any of the teams he was hoping for and then we swooped into that vacuum. Look at his unofficials and camps Spring 2017- Texas, Oklahoma, A&M and Arkansas- none of those schools offered.
  • Options
    AIRWOLFAIRWOLF Member Posts: 1,840
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

I am not familiar with Miterko's recruitment but I recall tha2y Curne didn't get offers from any of the teams he was hoping for and then we swooped into that vacuum. Look at his unofficials and camps Spring 2017- Texas, Oklahoma, A&M and Arkansas- none of those schools offered.
    Huskies are also not particularly late on this kid. He had nothing but garbage offers until April.
  • Options

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Recruits go to those camps all the time and never get offered. Those schools aren't going to offer because a guy went to their camp. They offer players based on grades, tape/talent, and the blanks that the HS coach fills in. Unofficial visits are taken by tons of players who have been in contact with coaches, but don't receive the offer. There is a difference with Miterko. He's taken an unofficial to TCU after receiving an offer from them. In that case, our chances are probably lower but not impossible, so long as he chooses to take a visit (preferably an official).

More than likely he won't commit, which isn't uncommon when you try to get a Texas kid who doesn't know anything about Seattle. I'm just laying out the facts based on the previous comments. I wasn't giving an opinion on whether or not he'll sign. The pessimism on here is justified but constantly posting negative stuff isn't going to change anything. Criticism should only be warranted if there is a suggestion. I'm seeing none of that aside from the Dylan Hall and Isaiah Rutherford discussions.
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Recruits go to those camps all the time and never get offered. Those schools aren't going to offer because a guy went to their camp. They offer players based on grades, tape/talent, and the blanks that the HS coach fills in. Unofficial visits are taken by tons of players who have been in contact with coaches, but don't receive the offer. There is a difference with Miterko. He's taken an unofficial to TCU after receiving an offer from them. In that case, our chances are probably lower but not impossible, so long as he chooses to take a visit (preferably an official).

More than likely he won't commit, which isn't uncommon when you try to get a Texas kid who doesn't know anything about Seattle. I'm just laying out the facts based on the previous comments. I wasn't giving an opinion on whether or not he'll sign. The pessimism on here is justified but constantly posting negative stuff isn't going to change anything. Criticism should only be warranted if there is a suggestion. I'm seeing none of that aside from the Dylan Hall and Isaiah Rutherford discussions.
    If we're going to stop being pessimistic and constantly posting negative stuff, then I'm fucking out.
  • Options
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Eric,

Not sure what any if this has to do with my point that Curne didn't get offers from the schols he wanted offers from prior to Huff closing him.

You and AirWolf say we are on Miterko early as well. Ok, I dont dispute that. Before this thread I was barely aware of the state of New Mexico let alone Miterko.
  • Options

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Eric,

Not sure what any if this has to do with my point that Curne didn't get offers from the schols he wanted offers from prior to Huff closing him.

You and AirWolf say we are on Miterko early as well. Ok, I dont dispute that. Before this thread I was barely aware of the state of New Mexico let alone Miterko.
    It has produced five guys who ever made an NFL roster since 1999. It has also produced five 4+ star recruits over that same span. The overlap between those two groups is one player.
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    I for one will be wearing my best turquoise as a good luck charm until he signs.
  • Options
    elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Eric,

Not sure what any if this has to do with my point that Curne didn't get offers from the schols he wanted to offer.
    AIRWOLF said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

elord821 said:

Slmdawg said:

Eric,

It has produced five guys who ever made an NFL roster since 1999. It has also produced five 4+ star recruits over that same span. The overlap between those two groups is one player.
    Chinteresting.
  • Options
    NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Okay State got Isuman-Hundley and Jernigan. I'm calling the hat trick right now.
  • Options
    JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,101
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club

Fuck his 20 offers before UW got to him. Hat on the table juggernaut.

• Options
    Neighbor2972Neighbor2972 Member Posts: 4,289
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
  • Options
    DoogCouricsDoogCourics Member Posts: 5,739
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Luckily it wasn't Julius Buelow or Troy Fautanu, so I'm totally ok with this.

• Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Jesus oki lite?
  • Options
    And their AD thinks Gundy needs to recruit better.