Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Official Redshirt Browning Thread

dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
As we all know, Jake has been amazing in his career. He's already arguably the greatest UW QB ever and certainly will be after another record setting year. But for all he's done for us, we've never been able to give him the elite huge receiving target he deserves.

It just so happens that one could be arriving next year, from Browning's old stomping grounds nonetheless. Joseph the GOAT Ngata. Say it slowly, let it roll off the tongue. Yes it would hurt our chances in 2018, but redshirting Browning this year to allow him to play one season with Ngata is the right thing to do for Jake.

Built For Life isn't about winning games, it's about making the right decisions. This is the right move, for Jake, for the program, for our fans, and for Ngata.

Do the right thing Pete.

#RedshirtJake

Comments

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Plus ONEONEONEONEONE1111!!!!111
  • RubberfistRubberfist Member Posts: 1,373
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Sure with I had bought Jake Browning stock yesterday.
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,718
    Founders Club
    It would not surprise me to see Jake injured against Auburn and redshirting the season. Life is funny that way.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    I would love that because this year no QBs are ready behind him.

Mediocre year due to poor qb play, Jake redshirts and plays in 2019, Eason transfers.
  • PurpleBazePurpleBaze Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 29,483
    Founders Club
    #ShitcanJake

Herm would have cut him by now... or tried to work out a trade with Cal.

It's best that he leaves Montlake ASAP and we're rid of his stench for good.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

#ShitcanJake

Herm would have cut him by now... or tried to work out a trade with Cal.

It's best that he leaves Montlake ASAP and we're rid of his stench for good.

LEAVE!!!!
  • puppylove_sugarsteelpuppylove_sugarsteel Member Posts: 9,133
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    dnc said:

As we all know, Jake has been amazing in his career. He's already arguably the greatest UW QB ever and certainly will be after another record setting year. But for all he's done for us, we've never been able to give him the elite huge receiving target he deserves.

It just so happens that one could be arriving next year, from Browning's old stomping grounds nonetheless. Joseph the GOAT Ngata. Say it slowly, let it roll off the tongue. Yes it would hurt our chances in 2018, but redshirting Browning this year to allow him to play one season with Ngata is the right thing to do for Jake.

Built For Life isn't about winning games, it's about making the right decisions. This is the right move, for Jake, for the program, for our fans, and for Ngata.

Do the right thing Pete.

#RedshirtJake

Pete recruits 2-year proects at WR.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    Founders Club

It would not surprise me to see Jake injured against Auburn and redshirting the season. Life is funny that way.

Who among the Half Brain Heros thinks Brownsocks would beat out Eason?

Speak now or forever hold your peace.
  • pawzpawz Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 18,681
    Founders Club

pawz said:

Who among the Half Brain Heros thinks Brownsocks would beat out Eason?

Speak now or forever hold your peace.
    Oh, 100% he would. All Jake has done is won and put up mind blowing stats. Are you telling me that anyone is close?

Well in the HISTORY of UW football they haven’t been!
    The AIDS has won.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Redshirt this year, carry a clipboard next year.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Dont forget about his lingering shoulder injury. We dont want another azeem or kasen situation where he wastes his last year doing nothing.
  • Ice_HolmvikIce_Holmvik Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 2,907
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Bread said:

Dont forget about his lingering shoulder injury. We dont want another azeem or kasen situation where he wastes his last year doing nothing.

No worries there with Jake. Another year sacked away in the film and weight room will make him that much better. Nobody has the dedication for their craft like Jake the Snake does.
  • CokeGreaterThanPepsiCokeGreaterThanPepsi Member Posts: 7,646
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    I want him to redshirt so we can see Jake get to face WSU on Senior Day in 2019. No one deserves the ovation he would get on that day, in the Apple Cup, like Jake Browning does.

I get emotional just thinking about it, honestly. I know you guys get it.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I want him to redshirt so we can see Jake get to face WSU on Senior Day in 2019. No one deserves the ovation he would get on that day, in the Apple Cup, like Jake Browning does.

I get emotional just thinking about it, honestly. I know you guys get it.

Jake is the greatest AC Husky QB of all tim.