Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

The Standard For UW Football

Comments

• Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?

LSU.
    LSU has to be pretty damn close to tier 1, I know they're in Mandel's "Kings" tier. 3 NC's, 5 unclaimed NC's, a Heisman winner, 25 bowel wins. If they're not tier 1 they're certainly not looking up at anyone in tier 2.
  • Options
    whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,273
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

What was the last Tier II program to win a national championship without an elite, generational QB?

LSU.
    LSU has to be pretty damn close to tier 1, I know they're in Mandel's "Kings" tier. 3 NC's, 5 unclaimed NC's, a Heisman winner, 25 bowel wins. If they're not tier 1 they're certainly not looking up at anyone in tier 2.
    A damn good offseason discussion is simply "What is the SEC's #2 program?"

LSU? Georgia? Auburn? Tennessee? Florida?
  • Options
    LeachNeedsMoreTimLeachNeedsMoreTim Member Posts: 190
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Living in the past huh?

Turns out you fucking limp dicks have forgotten that we don't look up to fucking Boise, Oregon or fucking Stanford.

If you don't want our teams to look like that: FUCK OFF.

If you make excuses for our teams to never look like that again: FUCK OFF.

If you think that can't happen again: FUCK OFF.
  • Options
    Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tier 1A programs are

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame

Tier 1B:

Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami
  • Options
    Tier 2 is

P12: UCLA and UW
    Big XII: ?? Great conference guys
    SEC: Tennessee, UGA, LSU, Auburn, A&M
    B1G: Michigan St.
    ACC: Pitt is probably almost out of it now, but...
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LSU.
    So, LSU is not in any fucking way, shape, or form a Tier I.

I’m so fucking sick of this shit.

LSU was shitty or middling for fucking 40 years before Saban.

They got a Natty with Saban and then a run-off Natty under Miles and haven’t done anything since. Before that they won the fucking SEC like twice in 30 years.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Are they at the top of a second tier team? Sure.

Fucking morons out here are saying fucking Clemson and LSU are a tier I because that’s what’s happened recently. There is such a fucking moronic recency bias in people it’s stupid.

FROM 1960 TO 2000 LSU won the SEC 4 times.

A team wins its conference FOUR TIMES in FORTY YEARS and you idiots say they are tier one?!?

Alabama won the SEC 15 times in the same span. Jesus fucking Christ.

It’s fucking embrarrasing.

You know what they have? What Clemson has? What Auburn and UGA have? Good brands.

Don’t confuse a good brand with being Tier I.

Until Saban showed up LSU had one Natty.

In 1958. All their unclaimed Natties are prior to 1965 (and they have an irrelevant one in 2011).

If we’d have hired Saban for fucking 4 years we would have a better history than fucking LSU.

Fuck LSU. They are 13th in winning % all time among P5 programs and we are 17th.

Jesus fucking Christ.

UW is top tier 2 program like LSU, but unlike LSU UW pisses away less talent
  • Options

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LSU.

They got a Natty with Saban and then a run-off Natty under Miles and haven’t done anything since. Before that they won the fucking SEC like twice in 30 years.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Fucking morons out here are saying fucking Clemson and LSU are a tier I because that’s what’s happened recently. There is such a fucking moronic recency bias in people it’s stupid.

A team wins its conference FOUR TIMES in FORTY YEARS and you idiots say they are tier one?!?

You know what they have? What Clemson has? What Auburn and UGA have? Good brands.

In 1958. All their unclaimed Natties are prior to 1965 (and they have an irrelevant one in 2011).

If we’d have hired Saban for fucking 4 years we would have a better history than fucking LSU.

Fuck LSU. They are 13th in winning % all time among P5 programs and we are 17th.

Jesus fucking Christ.

We're not top of tier 2. By the time Pete is done here, maybe.
  • Options

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LSU.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Here's mine:

1A (5)

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State,

1B (6 - 11 total in Tier 1)
    Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame

2A (5)

LSU, Clemson, Nebraska, Auburn, Georgia

2B (7)

UW, UCLA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, TAMU, Michigan State, Virginia Tech

From there NOC so I'm just going to list Pac12 and SEC schools

3A

Oregon, Stanford

3B
    Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, TOO HIGH, Arizona State, Arizona, Missouri

WSU, @Babushka, Vandy, Mississippi State, Kentucky
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    How can USC be 1A but ND not?
  • Options
    dnc said:

Tier 1A programs are

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Nebraska, Alabama, Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame

Tier 1B:

Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami

No fucking way is Nebraska 1a anymore. Otherwise agree.
    Lol fucking Jesus.

Why are people so fucking recency biased?

Nebraska has been just as good in the past 15 years as Bama was from 93-07.

Christ man. They are Tier 1A. They dominated the 90s.

They hired Solich and then fucked around with Callahan, Pellini and their Mike Price, Mike Riley. They had 80k at their spring game man.

If Saban went to Neb they’d be doing what Bama is doing.

Don’t forget Bama hired: Mike DuBose, Dennis Franchione (who got hired AWAY by A&M because people said it was a better job “now”), Mike FUCKING PRICE, and Mike Shula.

If Saban had gone ANYWHERE they would be above what they should be. He is easily the best HC since Bear Bryant.

Remember when people thought USC was completely unbeatable under Carroll?

Nebraska may be toward the bottom but of tier 1, but they’re not fucking Penn State.

Pitt is a tier 2 team that has dropped because interest in their program has died locally. Pitt won a Natty when I was a kid and had tons of great players, but made dumb decisions about conference affiliations and committed suicide.
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    As long as we can get to the point where Stanford has been since the Jim Harbaugh era that should please everyone.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    dnc said:

dnc said:

Gladstone said:

LSU.

THEY ARE NOT TIER I.

Jesus fucking Christ.

Here's mine:

1A (5)

USC, Texas, Oklahoma, Alabama, Ohio State,

1B (6 - 11 total in Tier 1)
    Penn State, Florida State, Florida, Miami, Michigan, Notre Dame

2A (5)

LSU, Clemson, Nebraska, Auburn, Georgia

2B (7)

UW, UCLA, Wisconsin, Tennessee, TAMU, Michigan State, Virginia Tech

From there NOC so I'm just going to list Pac12 and SEC schools

3A

Oregon, Stanford

3B
    Arkansas, Ole Miss, South Carolina, TOO HIGH, Arizona State, Arizona, Missouri

WSU, @Babushka, Vandy, Mississippi State, Kentucky
    This is fucking filled with recency bias. Michigan is the #1 winning team of all time. All time. KREIST.

Any list where Michigan and Notre Dame aren’t Tier 1A is a joke.

Wisconsin and Tennessee in the same tier?!? Are you joking?

Clemson is not in any tier above us, EVER.

God, were you born two weeks ago?

Fucking HELL.
  • Options
    edited June 2018
    Gladstone said:

Historically for damn sure ND is probably #1. But it's been 30 years (!) since they won a title and you have to go back another 11 years to get them another one. Two championships in 41 years. The Rust Belt ain't what it used to be. Neither is ND.

Again, I evaluate tiers in "what caliber of coach does it take to win here" and it takes a better coach to win at ND than it does at SC.
  • Options
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

Historically for damn sure ND is probably #1. But it's been 30 years (!) since they won a title and you have to go back 41 years to get them another one. The Rust Belt ain't what it used to be. Neither is ND.

Again, I evaluate tiers in "what caliber of coach does it take to win here" and it takes a better coach to win at ND than it does at SC.
    Fucking bullshit.

This is fucking embarrassing.