Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Gee Scott Jr, 4* 2020 WR, Bellevue (Eastside Catholic), WA (Offered 6/19)

Comments

• Options
    BallzBallz Member Posts: 4,735
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs
    I love this. Decrease the supply of UW offers and the demand for them goes up. Plus, UW has to recruit the in-state kids differently than the out-of-state kids. If you offer an in-state kid you better be ready to take his commitment that day. You can't do the non-committable offer bullshit with in-state kids because they will get their feelings hurt and UW's recruitment of them will be fucked up before it's really even time to go all in on their class. I like Gee Scott Jr a lot but I'm fine with UW waiting to evaluate his Junior season and comparing it to that of the other top WR's out West in the 2020 class. If you're a recruit how can you not respect that? UW is clearly highly interested in him but he still has another level he can take his game and physical talent to and UW is waiting to see that.

You also have the shit with him having attitude issues and being suspended from his team last season. Petersen is a former psychology major. He's probably waiting to see how this kid reacts to having to wait much longer for a UW offer. Will he get a pissy attitude and give up on getting his dream offer thus showing a lack of mental toughness and perseverance? Or will he humble himself, put his head down, and grind for the offer he wants? I don't care how talented you are we don't want soft kids with attitude problems. They usually turn out like Brayden Dickey.
  • Options

I love this. Decrease the supply of UW offers and the demand for them goes up. Plus, UW has to recruit the in-state kids differently than the out-of-state kids. If you offer an in-state kid you better be ready to take his commitment that day. You can't do the non-committable offer bullshit with in-state kids because they will get their feelings hurt and UW's recruitment of them will be fucked up before it's really even time to go all in on their class. I like Gee Scott Jr a lot but I'm fine with UW waiting to evaluate his Junior season and comparing it to that of the other top WR's out West in the 2020 class. If you're a recruit how can you not respect that? UW is clearly highly interested in him but he still has another level he can take his game and physical talent to and UW is waiting to see that.

You also have the shit with him having attitude issues and being suspended from his team last season. Petersen is a former psychology major. He's probably waiting to see how this kid reacts to having to wait much longer for a UW offer. Will he get a pissy attitude and give up on getting his dream offer thus showing a lack of mental toughness and perseverance? Or will he humble himself, put his head down, and grind for the offer he wants? I don't care how talented you are we don't want soft kids with attitude problems. They usually turn out like Brayden Dickey.

the problem is when you wait to offer local kids high school coaches and those in the local football community can take offense. Especially if you are offering kids from out of state (which i don't know if we have done yet). There is a balance to it.
    Another way to look at it is basically any year UW would take the top 5 kids in state with little to zero questions. Is he one of the top 5 kids in the state for that class? I don't know but i would prefer to the professional teen boy stalkers on this site. If he is, stop the facade and just offer him. If they want to see how his attitude shapes moving forward i get that too (but hopefully that was communicated to him if that is the case).
    Considering the trajectory UW is on both as a program and in recruiting I don't think it matters if high school coaches or off-season 7on7 coaches take offense to UW taking their time with in-state kids. UW will get whoever the fuck they want in-state. Just keep winning and then when they do offer more 2020 and 2021 in-state kids any saltiness that those kids or their coaches were feeling before for having to wait longer for the offer will immediately be washed away and replaced with feelings of pride and accomplishment.

You also have to consider UW recruiting is going to another level in the 2020 class. For example, Sam Adams Jr. is a 4-star in-state RB and good looking Pac-12 kid. But UW has a legit shot at landing 5-star RB Bijan Robinson from Arizona. Robinson is a former teammate of Matteo Mele and I believe UW was his first offer. So what the fuck do you want the coaches to do? Offer Sam Adams because he's an in-state kid knowing he's going to commit on the spot or wait and see if they can get a kid who's a bit better in Robinson?
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    It all comes down to communication ...

It’s a shot ffrom FSP ...

But nothing that can’t be managed with communication and understanding
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,973
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes

the problem is when you wait to offer local kids high school coaches and those in the local football community can take offense. Especially if you are offering kids from out of state (which i don't know if we have done yet). There is a balance to it.
    Another way to look at it is basically any year UW would take the top 5 kids in state with little to zero questions. Is he one of the top 5 kids in the state for that class? I don't know but i would prefer to the professional teen boy stalkers on this site. If he is, stop the facade and just offer him. If they want to see how his attitude shapes moving forward i get that too (but hopefully that was communicated to him if that is the case).
    Considering the trajectory UW is on both as a program and in recruiting I don't think it matters if high school coaches or off-season 7on7 coaches take offense to UW taking their time with in-state kids. UW will get whoever the fuck they want in-state. Just keep winning and then when they do offer more 2020 and 2021 in-state kids any saltiness that those kids or their coaches were feeling before for having to wait longer for the offer will immediately be washed away and replaced with feelings of pride and accomplishment.

You also have to consider UW recruiting is going to another level in the 2020 class. For example, Sam Adams Jr. is a 4-star in-state RB and good looking Pac-12 kid. But UW has a legit shot at landing 5-star RB Bijan Robinson from Arizona. Robinson is a former teammate of Matteo Mele and I believe UW was his first offer. So what the fuck do you want the coaches to do? Offer Sam Adams because he's an in-state kid knowing he's going to commit on the spot or wait and see if they can get a kid who's a bit better in Robinson?
    You can take more than one kid at a position. If it was qb I would understand. I have no idea how good Adams jr is but the chances of us pulling a 5 star kid from Arizona are slim to zero. You also take a five star kid at uw no matter what or when he decides.
  • Options

You can take more than one kid at a position. If it was qb I would understand. I have no idea how good Adams jr is but the chances of us pulling a 5 star kid from Arizona are slim to zero. You also take a five star kid at uw no matter what or when he decides.
    If UW gets Charbonnet and I think they will that means only one RB in 2020. Forget everything you think you know about UW's chances of getting a 5-star kid. The coaches are expecting multiple 5-star commits in 2020. I want them going after the best of the best. Not taking in-state kids super early just cause they're in-state. That's what they're doing. When you have a top-5 coach in the nation who will be going into his 6th season as head coach when the 2020 cycle comes around...yeah, I expect to start getting some 5-star commitments.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    BlastDoor said:

99% sure that's Ballz.

Has he poasted on the Bandes thread yet?
  • Options
    NurpleNurple Member Posts: 686
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    He's not offering cause he's a fuck shit like pops
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Gladstone said:

All of Husky Nation loves Gee and desperately wants him offered. The end.

I don’t care he is diva and has character issues. As long he did not rape anyone or kill anyone I am cool with him
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

I don’t care he is diva and has character issues. As long he does not rape anyone else or kill anyone else I am cool with him
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic
    I’m thinking what just went down with Kaho’s Dad won’t help our? chances of Pete offering. I imagine we? offer at some point this season, but his dad may be just as much to blame for the slow play.
  • Options
    dawgs206dawgs206 Member Posts: 482
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Photogenic

dawgs206 said:

I’m thinking what just went down with Kaho’s Dad won’t help our? chances of Pete offering. I imagine we? offer at some point this season, but his dad may be just as much to blame for the slow play.

His dad not asking for handout
    I know. He’s a radio personality and I doubt Pete loves that, especially when there are supposedly character questions. That is Pete’s nightmare scenario.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    dnc said:

Gladstone said:

I don’t care he is diva and has character issues. As long he does not rape anyone else or kill anyone else I am cool with him
    Shhh...that stays in the chat
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    dawgs206 said:

dawgs206 said:

His dad not asking for handout
    I know. He’s a radio personality and I doubt Pete loves that, especially when there are supposedly character questions. That is Pete’s nightmare scenario.
    I hope Pete finds a balance somewhere ... that HH can get behind.

because it's frustrating as fuck to see talent, relatively high character (again, what the fuck do I know? I'm just wishin' ...) kids seemingly pushed away because Pete is overwhelmingly risk/character adverse.

Yeah, I can understand that ... but sometimes you need a little bit of edge ... as others (TSIO) have said if Pete was here before we may have not gotten King, Vea etc ... and given those guys the opportunity to develop into the "OKG" that Pete preaches about.

Give these kids a chance Pete!