Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

WORLD CUP MEGA THREAD

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,374
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This German team will get blown the fuck out at some point. Slow and uninspired. Vive Argentina! Vive Brasil! Vive España! Vive Francia!
  • DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,702
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    PurpleJ said:

I'm making this the OFFICIAL thread. I'm rooting for Argentina this time. They did my krauts a solid keeping the reich alive all those years.

According to Hunting Hitler, Argentina and Krauts aren't mutually exclusive.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

I'm making this the OFFICIAL thread. I'm rooting for Argentina this time. They did my krauts a solid keeping the reich alive all those years.

According to Hunting Hitler, Argentina and Krauts aren't mutually exclusive.
    Paging @Messi_Is_Hitler_Dawg
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Was at the game...Mexico played well and the Krauts didn’t look great. All the favorites haven’t looked good so far.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    After the shit show that was Morocco and Iran on day one, I watched Portugal Spain game after and was truly impressed by the skill level and why one might actually like this game. But that match was one in 20 years maybe.

I’ll peak in on the Final. But the World Cup is over for me. That was what should have been the Final.
    Gladstone said:

why would anyone spend money on a ticket to a #USMNT game? they couldnt get a draw against trinidad and tobago and missed the world cup lmao, if you support them financially you're encouraging failure

You can’t expect a bunch of try hards to beat 2 countries in the same day!!!

El_K said:

I watch it for the hottie fans
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-aP1ah_Ekgs

Good chit Elk.

But how do you expect me to brb jo to that music? It was like a funeral montage for @Swaye, showing all the hot clam that he smoked through the years.

I almost let the snake out the pit but felt guilty to do so.

But I’m white so.....
  • phineasphineas Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 4,724
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    This tournament has been 500x more entertaining than anything the NFL has put together in about 5 years.

No breaks, no commercials, no instant replay. Just 45 straight minutes of action. Football really is dead.
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited June 2018
    i think the sport would be incredible with a backboard around the goal and hockey style subs
    they have to conserve energy too much and none of the players can be jacked because it is too detrimental to endurance
    as is its pretty boring
    i guess ill watch the final if messi or ronaldo are in it
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    PurpleJ said:

Flying over Monday...will be there for basically the entire Group stage. Should be fun, but don’t think it’s going to compare to Brazil...that was a bit nuts.

I’ve bet on the Nazis in my pool...

Betting on Germany was a bad idea. Our inability to win in Russia is well-documented.
    our?
    Swaye's Wigwam

Was at the game...Mexico played well and the Krauts didn’t look great. All the favorites haven’t looked good so far.

Typically the first round of games is mostly shit. A few teams will look good from the start, but most won't. Nerves, lack of chemistry, combined with negative tactics from weaker teams don't really set up a lot of exciting match ups. The second set of games has been much improved. Finally seeing teams open up and attack, knowing that it's time to figure it out or gtfo. Hell, it took my Krauts a whole game in a half to figure out that they need to play with intensity and that a goal isn't just going to magically appear if they pass the ball enough. Argentina still hasn't figured it out.

While I'm at it, I'll give a quick shoutout to the fucking awful coverage on FAUX. Save for the Mexican duo, the commentators are all shit and should be fired. Lack of knowledge, no personality, consistently talking but not really saying anything besides stating the obvious. I'm listening to most of the games on mute, or downloading a torrent of an English broadcast. The A broadcast team consists of a prepubescant Stu Holden, who was never even a decent professional player, and Rob Strong who never even played the fucking game in his life. I had to listen to these fucks do Liverpool games for Champions League and they need to diaff. I permanently hit the mute game when Strong said that a Klose had the ball, even though he's been retired for 4 years. Hire some decent talent FAUX, or if you insist on using dumbfuck Americans, bring back Eric Wynalda. At least he understands the game. Hope NBC bids for the next coverage contract. They seem to get it.

I realize none of you care and I want it that way, because I am a noted Euro snob who hates fat retarded Americans, but thanks for reading! Enjoy your poor diets and fat wives!
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

prepubescant Stu Holden
    oh my god i assumed this obnoxious voice was coming from some world cup winning dyke
  • HoustonHuskyHoustonHusky Member Posts: 5,951
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic 5 Awesomes
    Fucking eh...in a Bar in Sochi and the TV went out so I’m listening to the Uruguay-Russia game in Russian like that helps at all.

Was at the German-Sweden game...incredible game and atmosphere. Met Draxler, Kroos, and a couple other of the German team at the hotel...good dudes. Two more games then back to reality...
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #MyMexico moves on as the Nazis march back to Berlin in humiliating defeat
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

#MyMexico moves on as the Nazis march back to Berlin in humiliating defeat

Germany has always had difficulty advancing in Russia.
  • CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary
    I like General Wellington and Admiral Nelson in this one. Napoleon is going to meet his Waterloo.