Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

OBK and Kshama Sawant loose bigly

2»

Comments

• Options
    2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Things I don't miss about Seattle for $1000 Alex.

Definitely no bum problem in beautiful Orange County.

Bums = The lazy and the crazy.
    Yet they still vote for Trump.
    No they vote commie. IE: demorat.
    You mean your new North Korean and Russian friends?
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,647
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Who said they're friends? Just where do you come up with this shit? You are for a nuclear N Korea. Smart.
  • Options
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Who said they're friends? Just where do you come up with this shit? You are for a nuclear N Korea. Smart.
    Your hero did. And you are sucking him off for it.
  • Options
    CirrhosisDawgCirrhosisDawg Member Posts: 6,390
    First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary

Well for 1 that's Santa Ana, they are getting to experience the same problems that Seattle/LA have for the same reasons. If you cater to the homeless, you get more homeless.

Thankfully, Huntington Beach put a kibosh on the county's plans to "relocate" those people to a "temporary" shelter in HB.

Santa Ana actually just got done clearing the very encampment pictured. They have nowhere to send these people though and aren't willing to "put them out on the street". Sucks for their liberal politicians that created the problem in the first place.

Just to be clear, I support people with mental health issues getting help through projects like half-way homes etc. Last I read from the local newspapers, that's about 15% or less of this homeless population though. The vast majority are either criminals or drug addicts, or both(in this population subset). I have anecdotally known several people that lived there that conform to this. People who grew up with ample opportunities and wealth who prefer to spend their time smoking meth instead of anything else.
    TIC poast on my part, of course. And I agree wholeheartedly. The "crisis" for places like Seattle is almost always self inflicted- i.e., if you give them stuff, they will come. Problem is in our society, we do a really shitty job of sorting out who truly needs a helping hand and who is a lazy fucking bum.
    I figured but I gave it a sincere reply for the "audience" that might not know the intricacies of Orange County politics. Ontario(in Riverside County) had a decent response to their problem.
    Excerpted from another comment/forum [Ontario CA same problem. They interviewed them. Asked where are you from. They kept their residents that could prove they hailed from Ontario. The rest got bus tickets. If they could not provide proof they were given 30 days to acquire it. Then if they still had none they were required to leave the city.]

Further reading if you care
    Ontario is in San Bernardino county.
  • Options

Well for 1 that's Santa Ana, they are getting to experience the same problems that Seattle/LA have for the same reasons. If you cater to the homeless, you get more homeless.

Thankfully, Huntington Beach put a kibosh on the county's plans to "relocate" those people to a "temporary" shelter in HB.

Santa Ana actually just got done clearing the very encampment pictured. They have nowhere to send these people though and aren't willing to "put them out on the street". Sucks for their liberal politicians that created the problem in the first place.

Just to be clear, I support people with mental health issues getting help through projects like half-way homes etc. Last I read from the local newspapers, that's about 15% or less of this homeless population though. The vast majority are either criminals or drug addicts, or both(in this population subset). I have anecdotally known several people that lived there that conform to this. People who grew up with ample opportunities and wealth who prefer to spend their time smoking meth instead of anything else.
    TIC poast on my part, of course. And I agree wholeheartedly. The "crisis" for places like Seattle is almost always self inflicted- i.e., if you give them stuff, they will come. Problem is in our society, we do a really shitty job of sorting out who truly needs a helping hand and who is a lazy fucking bum.
    I figured but I gave it a sincere reply for the "audience" that might not know the intricacies of Orange County politics. Ontario(in Riverside County) had a decent response to their problem.
    Excerpted from another comment/forum [Ontario CA same problem. They interviewed them. Asked where are you from. They kept their residents that could prove they hailed from Ontario. The rest got bus tickets. If they could not provide proof they were given 30 days to acquire it. Then if they still had none they were required to leave the city.]

Ontario is in Canada.
  • Options
    SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,647
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

Your hero did. And you are sucking him off for it.
    You are just our "Bitter Betty"!

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2018/06/12/anti-trump-media-members-turn-into-bitter-bettys-over-historic-summit-with-kim-jong-un.html
  • Options
    YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,863
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Same difference.
  • Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,170
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Two biggest counties by area in Merica
  • Options
    greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,277
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited June 2018
    "Just my sister's husband"

You know why you were flagged...
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two biggest counties by area in Merica

I was headed for Las Vegas, only made it out to Needles.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    Swaye's Wigwam

Ah, you are correct. It's all the IE to those of us living on the coast.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

I used to have a name for everything from San Clemente to Oxnard. Called it "Laguna Segundo Del Maro El Rayo".
  • Options
    GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,481
    Standard Supporter

I used to have a name for everything from San Clemente to Oxnard. Called it "Laguna Segundo Del Maro El Rayo".
    Build that wall.
  • Options
    UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,180
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

Pleased to see your list of things you DO miss???
    Off the top of my head?
    • All things UW sports
    • Cheap & good food of all types within walking distance(except mehican food)
    • The adjacency of all the outdoor activities(Spring & Summer rafting, Fall & Winter skiing/snowboarding)
    • The craft & homebrew beer scene
    • Living in an urban city with public transportation where everything is close together vs. SoCal sprawl
    • All the trees and greenery and sometims even the rain since we are in an almost decade of drought down here
    • Cheap ass drunken thunderbirds games and being so close you can heckle the players
    • Being drunk on the ave and picking up on co-eds even after graduating
    • Summertime on the lake and sundown being late as fuck
    • A bunch of my family that still lives there and some that even attend UW now.
    Mind you, where I live is tits but Seattle is 1B to my current 1A. I've lived and traveled all over the world. Seattle is definitely one of the nicest places to live as long as you can cope with a vitamin D deficiency.
  • Options
    Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,573
    edited June 2018
    dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Off the top of my head?
    • All things UW sports
    • The adjacency of all the outdoor activities(Spring & Summer rafting, Fall & Winter skiing/snowboarding)
    • Living in an urban city with public transportation where everything is close together vs. SoCal sprawl
    • All the trees and greenery and sometims even the rain since we are in an almost decade of drought down here
    • Cheap ass drunken thunderbirds games and being so close you can heckle the players
    Mind you, where I live is tits but Seattle is 1B to my current 1A. I've lived and traveled all over the world. Seattle is definitely one of the nicest places to live as long as you can cope with vitamin D and chromosome Y deficiency.

• Options
    oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Nothing changed with me. Just got a call from BEZOS 5 minutes ago and told me he's chortling at Amazon HQ. If Hondo has stuff to do have him leave with you. I'll have InsincereDawg take me and Hondo can leave with you. I would prefer u and the snowflake stormtroopers leave together. I'll ask Sawant. Shouldn't be a problem. If she can't I'll let you know
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Off the top of my head?
    • All things UW sports
    Mind you, where I live is tits but Seattle is 1B to my current 1A. I've lived and traveled all over the world. Seattle is definitely one of the nicest places to live as long as you can cope with a vitamin D deficiency.
    Great answer and homage to your town.

• Options
    DerekJohnsonDerekJohnson Administrator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 59,922
    Founders Club
    Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

You must not get out much...
    No. I don't hang out with bums very often. Just my sister's husband, but that's besides the point.
    Pics of the sister?
    Fuck I didn't see that coming. I'm clearly knew here.

She's posting on Hardcore Husky