Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

What ARE the unfair trade practices Trump is bitching about endlessly?

13»

Comments

• KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Canada levies a tariff of 270 percent on milk, 245 percent on cheese and 298 percent on butter in an effort to keep U.S. and other foreign dairy imports out. And people get upset about the US wanting to put a tariff out there to get the attention of the real offenders of unfair trade

Well, OK, but how tangible is this? We have our own exclusive rules too, you know. I believe an example is the "buy USA" law which makes it illegal to buy foreign crap like cars for government. My information obtained by the NY Times is that far from running a deficit, we in fact running a trade surplus. The dumbfuck known as our president, by the way, omits services in his distortions of reality.
    The NY Times said that we had a 400 Billion trade deficit with China and Mexico alone in 2016. So....

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2018/06/09/upshot/what-is-the-trade-deficit.html
    Well if you read the article the thing most to take from it is that the view of our dumbfuck president is just a distortion of select issues and not the whole picture that he presents it as. The world of that dunbfuck is a falsification of reality designed to meet his ends. It is not realism.
    We’ll never have a balanced trade ledger with China and that’s not the point. What we want is to be able to play in their markets with investments and as you said earlier, Tech. They have locked us out of that.
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Canada levies a tariff of 270 percent on milk, 245 percent on cheese and 298 percent on butter in an effort to keep U.S. and other foreign dairy imports out. And people get upset about the US wanting to put a tariff out there to get the attention of the real offenders of unfair trade

Well, OK, but how tangible is this? We have our own exclusive rules too, you know. I believe an example is the "buy USA" law which makes it illegal to buy foreign crap like cars for government. My information obtained by the NY Times is that far from running a deficit, we in fact running a trade surplus. The dumbfuck known as our president, by the way, omits services in his distortions of reality.
    The NY Times said that we had a 400 Billion trade deficit with China and Mexico alone in 2016. So....

Ok. So what exactly is wrong with a trade deficit? Why do you conservatives all of the sudden care about a trade deficit? And what will tariffs accomplish?
  • SledogSledog Member Posts: 30,483
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    2001400ex said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Ok. So what exactly is wrong with a trade deficit? Why do you conservatives all of the sudden care about a trade deficit? And what will tariffs accomplish?
    We care about free trade and that in many instances it is not reciprocal. HTH
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,729
    Swaye's Wigwam
    If Trump was is favor of trade defects hondo would be against them
  • SarkFanSixtyNineSarkFanSixtyNine Member Posts: 362
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment

haven't liberals always loved Reaganomics??
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited June 2018

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

Well if you read the article the thing most to take from it is that the view of our dumbfuck president is just a distortion of select issues and not the whole picture that he presents it as. The world of that dunbfuck is a falsification of reality designed to meet his ends. It is not realism.
    A trade war has been happening for more than 20 years with China. They've been planning and fighting it while we are still in denial about it. The president is doing his best to lead/spin/frame/deceive(however you want to spin his action I don't care) us to fighting that trade war and not ignore it. He tends to rally the nationalists using tried and true democratic talking points that think that US manufacturing is dead just because of the rust belt epidemic.

This is why, while it may have been politically popular, it was so stupid to pull out of the TPP. It was OUR trade deal and we were setting 90% of the terms. Instead, all of our Pacific allies signed up for the China Development Bank and we have become isolated instead of us isolating China.

TLDR China IS a big problem and is playing GO. The president(or his Econ advisers anyways) are at least playing checkers. The american public is watching reruns of the Honeymooners.

You would have flipped your lid if Obama met with North Korea. But after 40 years of railing against communism, you now think it's cool too partner with communists. Nice work.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

You would have flipped your lid if Obama met with North Korea. But after 40 years of railing against communism, you now think it's cool too partner with communists. Nice work.
    There it is. Come see hondo make stupid posts in every thread

2001400ex said:

Didn't think you had a response.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Didn't think you had a response.
    There it is. Come see hondo make stupid posts in every thread was my response
    Obama a self admitted commie. Hondo was simply sucked in by the "we'll take from the productive and give to you" shit.
    You can only defend Trump by pointing at Obama. No one here said anything about flags. Dumbass.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Come watch me kick hondo's ass in every thread
    edited June 2018
    2001400ex said:

You can only defend Trump by pointing at Obama. No one here said anything about flags. Dumbass.
    I'm not. I'm just pointing out your commie didn't deal with NK because he loves commies. Couldn't bring the heat. His little red heart wasn't in it. Just like you.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I'm not defending Trump. What he has done speaks for itself.

We point out Obama and Hillary to show how fucking hypocritical you are. You suck their dicks to this day then run here with anti Trump talking points that make you look like the hypocritical moron you are
    edited June 2018
    Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I'm not. I'm just pointing out your commie didn't deal with NK because he loves commies. Couldn't bring the heat. His little red heart wasn't in it. Just like you.
    I wasn't even talking to you. Dumbass. But yes you have the exact same issue. Every response to dumb shit Trump does you point at Obama or Hillary.

I'm just glad to see you love communists now.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    nuff said on that
    2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

I wasn't even talking to you. Dumbass. But yes you have the exact same issue. Every response to dumb shit Trump does you point at Obama is Hillary.

I'm just glad to see you love communists now.
    Lefty meltdowns are always special. Quick! head for a safe space phone booth thingy.
  • ApostleofGriefApostleofGrief Member Posts: 3,904
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment
    edited June 2018
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

POTD