Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I’m joining the Bill Simmons haters club

Very late but fuck that guy.

Apparently, no matter where Lebron goes he won’t have a better chance at winning a championship than he had this year. So the Houston Rocket push Golden State to 7 games (Simmons later says they would have won if Paul didn’t get hurt) are going to add Lebron James and get worse.

Oh and Golden State is going to win the next 6 championships.

I’ve really come to appreciate the bullshit hot take over the people that think they’re so smart and have such thoughtful takes. Give me some clown popping off about how the Warriors are frauds or the greatest ever over this bullshit.

Comments

• FreeChavezFreeChavez Member Posts: 3,222
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

Apparently, no matter where Lebron goes he won’t have a better chance at winning a championship than he had this year. So the Houston Rocket push Golden State to 7 games (Simmons later says they would have won if Paul didn’t get hurt) are going to add Lebron James and get worse.

I’ve really come to appreciate the bullshit hot take over the people that think they’re so smart and have such thoughtful takes. Give me some clown popping off about how the Warriors are frauds or the greatest ever over this bullshit.

I go back and forth on simmons. He's got some good stuff and a lot of bad stuff. Bron will have a great shot no matter where he goes b/c it's impossible for him to compile a worse roster than he just made the finals with. Houston had a great shot to beat GS with paul, and it is very likely with the home court advantage it would have been a very good chance.

Outside of the scare of the rockets, can you name a team in the nba that wouldn't make the warriors heavy favorites for the next 3-4 years? Paul is getting older and more brittle so anything could happen in houston. There isn't another team that really has anything close to GS on paper.

Here's a hot take. The warriors are that good(and annoying) and Bron is that good and is going to be better next year no matter where he goes.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    I’d say depending on what Boston does I’m looking forward to a series between them and the Warriors
  • allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

I go back and forth on simmons. He's got some good stuff and a lot of bad stuff. Bron will have a great shot no matter where he goes b/c it's impossible for him to compile a worse roster than he just made the finals with. Houston had a great shot to beat GS with paul, and it is very likely with the home court advantage it would have been a very good chance.

Outside of the scare of the rockets, can you name a team in the nba that wouldn't make the warriors heavy favorites for the next 3-4 years? Paul is getting older and more brittle so anything could happen in houston. There isn't another team that really has anything close to GS on paper.

Here's a hot take. The warriors are that good(and annoying) and Bron is that good and is going to be better next year no matter where he goes.
    He goes to Boston or Philly and the Warriors aren’t heavy favorites. I think Boston could beat Golden State next year without Lebron.

It seems like there’s a narrative coming that no one is close to Golden State when the Rockets literally just had them beat. They sweep a bad Cavs team and no one will ever challenge them again? Bullshit.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

He goes to Boston or Philly and the Warriors aren’t heavy favorites. I think Boston could beat Golden State next year without Lebron.

It seems like there’s a narrative coming that no one is close to Golden State when the Rockets literally just had them beat. They sweep a bad Cavs team and no one will ever challenge them again? Bullshit.
    I had a similar thought but was too lazy to post it

The Warriors are the creakiest invincible team

@Tequilla no way Boston beats the Warriors without Lebron

With him I like their chances
    Boston still has cards to play with or without LBJ.

They need another “big” to play w Horford ... that’s their one weakness right now.

But if you give me a 5 of Kyrie, Brown, Hayward, Tatum, and Horford with a bench of Smart/Rozier (they will only keep 1 at most), Morris, and TBD ... yes, I would like to see that

Boston yes, i still don't see philly having the talent yet. Obviously fultz is a massive wildcard if the kid can pull his head out.

GS also didn't have one of their key players the majority of the series against the rockets. They were up 2-1 before iggy went out. The warriors aren't going to be invincible and will need to add players, I'd still bet on them over the rockets.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Steph was coming off his MCL injury and Iggy went down to injury for the Rocket series. That was the most 'fraudulent' 7 game series ever.

Once they both came back full-strength, you saw what the Warriors did to the Cavs.

Barring injuries, it is Golden State's title to lose for the next three years. Regardless of where Lebron ends up.

salemcoog said:

If Chris Paul didn’t get hurt nor was a perennial playoff choker when available to play, He’d have a ring by now.

But since both of these factors will always be constant, He won’t win shit unless it’s at the end of the Bench on a vet exception, 3 or 4 years down the road for a real contender.

If Bron goes to Houston, say G’bye to Gordon and Capela. Which would inevitably lead to Bron and Harden having to beat the Dubs next Season. This will not happen.

If Bron is willing to sacrifice winning another Championship in his career to set himself up for life after Hoops, He’ll go to LA.

If He really wants to win another title, He should go to Philly.

Capela and Gordon have nothing to do with Lebron. You don’t know what you’re talking about.

salemcoog said:

If Chris Paul didn’t get hurt nor was a perennial playoff choker when available to play, He’d have a ring by now.

But since both of these factors will always be constant, He won’t win shit unless it’s at the end of the Bench on a vet exception, 3 or 4 years down the road for a real contender.

If Bron goes to Houston, say G’bye to Gordon and Capela. Which would inevitably lead to Bron and Harden having to beat the Dubs next Season. This will not happen.

If Bron is willing to sacrifice winning another Championship in his career to set himself up for life after Hoops, He’ll go to LA.

Capela and Gordon have nothing to do with Lebron. You don’t know what you’re talking about.
    The point is that it would be difficult to add bron, cp, capela without offloading anderson. Bron and CP are max guys, capela is going to get a bunch of loot, and we're one year from harden's new deal.

salemcoog said:

The point is that it would be difficult to add bron, cp, capela without offloading anderson. Bron and CP are max guys, capela is going to get a bunch of loot, and we're one year from harden's new deal.
    And in a year where there isn’t a lot of cap room available ... good luck moving Anderson’s contract since it has 2 years left on it
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

And in a year where there isn’t a lot of cap room available ... good luck moving Anderson’s contract since it has 2 years left on it
    At like $22M per
    Anderson, filler salary and draft picks works for Lebron. If he goes to Houston that’s the deal.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,649

Anderson, filler salary and draft picks works for Lebron. If he goes to Houston that’s the deal.

Probably not as simple as you think

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/houston-rockets-lebron-james-2018-free-agency-cap-space-trades/

https://uproxx.com/dimemag/houston-rockets-lebron-james-2018-free-agency-cap-space-trades/
    How did the Rockets acquire Chris Paul last season with no cap space?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Bird rights.
    salemcoog said:

Bird rights.
    If that’s a troll it’s decent.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited June 2018

Being that Paul was traded and hadnt signed a new deal in the last 3 years, He qualified. However unless he redos the deal, which I’m sure He will, He would have a 39 Mill hit on their cap for 18-19.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,379
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Simmons' biggest problem is that he actually thinks he's smart. He was entertaining 12 years ago when he was working for the old ESPN Page 2 out of his two dads' basement.