Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

Mataio Soli, 2019 4* DE, Douglasville (Douglas County HS), GA (Offered)

1235»

Comments

• Options
    pat_hmpat_hm Member Posts: 941
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    animate said:

I think Josh Shirley would have kicked ass in Petersen's system and coaching for a full 4 years ...

wish we had a time machine.

Kids who steal laptops aren’t the types we need in this program. Shirley was a total bust. What a waste. Classic example of a kid who looks the part physically but can’t ever put it together..wonder why?

Perhaps Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson and Chris Petersen are on to something..there’s more to football than just “physical” traits. But what do they know.
  • Options
    animateanimate Member Posts: 4,231
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    pat_hm said:

animate said:

I think Josh Shirley would have kicked ass in Petersen's system and coaching for a full 4 years ...

Kids who steal laptops aren’t the types we need in this program. Shirley was a total bust. What a waste. Classic example of a kid who looks the part physically but can’t ever put it together..wonder why?

Perhaps Bill Belichick, Jimmy Johnson and Chris Petersen are on to something..there’s more to football than just “physical” traits. But what do they know.
    Just say it! Say it!
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    animate said:

pat_hm said:

animate said:

Just say it! Say it!
    Fucktard
  • Options
    edited May 2018
    pat_hm said:

animate said:

Belichick and Petersen... Sure.

Jimmy Johnson?

Miami? Bad boys of football? Catholics versus the Convicts? Josh Shirley would have been perfect for Johnson
  • Options
    AtomicDawgAtomicDawg Member Posts: 6,979
    5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes
    animate said:

pat_hm said:

animate said:

Belichick and Petersen... Sure.

Jimmy Johnson?

Miami? Bad boys of football? Catholics versus the Convicts?
    Exactly. Jimmy Johnson is the epitome of not giving a fuck if you could play. His greatest traits were identifying talent, playing the correct players and motivating those savage mother fuckers to dominate. Am I missing something?
  • Options
    FremontTrollFremontTroll Member Posts: 4,706
    pat_hm said:

animate said:

Yeha I wonder why. Coaching couldn't have had anything to do with it.

BB won with Aaron Hernandez, Randy Moss, Ochocinco. JJ with Michael Irvin. CP with Titus Young.

Get off this bananas crusade. CP is not perfect. His recruiting approach is not perfect. He needs to get more talent to get to the next level. Talent + CP's culture and program = national dynasty.
  • Options
    FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
  • Options

pat_hm said:

animate said:

BB won with Aaron Hernandez, Randy Moss, Ochocinco. JJ with Michael Irvin. CP with Titus Young.

Get off this bananas crusade. CP is not perfect. His recruiting approach is not perfect. He needs to get more talent to get to the next level. Talent + CP's culture and program = national dynasty.
    BB won with Ochocinco? LOL. Played one year and caught 15 passes. They lost the super bowl that season and he was cut. So not really sure if that holds up...

Jimmy says it best himself...

https://youtu.be/mMBZmDFfcso
  • Options

pat_hm said:

pat_hm said:

animate said:

BB won with Ochocinco? LOL. Played one year and caught 15 passes. They lost the super bowl that season and he was cut. So not really sure if that holds up...

Jimmy says it best himself...

https://youtu.be/mMBZmDFfcso
    You have this habit of completely missing the point of my post.

Who cares how many passes Ochocinco caught- BB took him on a Patriots team that won the AFC. The point is that BB is probably the greatest coach of all time and has no qualms about drafting or signing guys who are perceived as character problems.

BB (who you cited originally to try to prove some point about character) knows his culture is stronger than any individual. Players come and players go and he goes on winning.

The real reason CP doesn't go after some of these kids is because they are harder to recruit. Much easier to sell the kids that buy into the OKG, team over self pitch immediately.

He has done well with that. Now its time to get to the next level. We need more talent and some of that talent is gonna require some more intense recruiting.
    I understand your point and agree with most it. It's a valid argument. I do think that said coaches all have in the past let perceived character issues slide when the talent is phenomenal. With that said I'm sure BB would take a mulligan w/ Hernandez but that's unique situation. He was special talent and fit exactly into his plan of how to exploit defenses w/ the TE position.

100% agree on taking the next step in talent. I think we started to see that w/ the 2018 class and there is no reason to not expect us to build upon that success heading into the 19, 20 & 21 classes. Something is going to have change for this to happen though. Petersen is going to have to get out of his comfort zone more and lighten up a bit w/ the OKG stuff. I'm fine with that. I that his culture has cemented itself in the program that if we did bring someone who wasn't doing his job then it would be handled internally. I still like that UW isn't an offer that every kid has and Petersen has a proprietary system of vetting that for the most part has allowed kids to flourish once they've entered the program. You're right though. For us to take the next step of the program we need to upgrade the raw talent and get them in the program. That's the only way we'll beat the Ohio's States and Georgia's of the world.
  • Options

Hearing some big time news about this kid that I can't quite say yet. Need to confirm a few things first but will definitely keep you guys in the loop.

Now's the time to say it.
  • Options
    He's a legacy so I guess we can't make too much fun of him.