Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Comments

• PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,382
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    It's been going on for years. Other countries like England have mostly gotten rid of mass hooliganism like this, by using stiff penalties such as jail time and match bans. However, just last month a Liverpool fan (not a hooligan) got beaten half to death by traveling Roma ultras. In some countries they just let them have their fun so long as they don't disturb innocent match goers, but England in particular has really cracked down and I think that's a bit sad(!). I remember reading that Russian hooligans had told the English firms not to even show up at the WC this year. They probably shouldn't after the beating they got in the euros in France, which is well-documented online. Embarrassing.

If anything, this just goes to show how soft the culture has gotten over the last 20-30 years. The English hooligans in the 70s and 80s would have never stood for a bunch of inbred Ruskies talking shit.

As for my Krauts, it's the same story. I miss the days when we would have sent millions of storm troopers over there, raping and pillaging our way to Moscow.

Those Russian guys shouldn't be talking to the media about it. Everyone knows the number one rule of fight club, and it counts double for talking to some needle dick NYT/ESPN reporter.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

It's been going on for years. Other countries like England have mostly gotten rid of mass hooliganism like this, by using stiff penalties such as jail time and match bans. However, just last month a Liverpool fan (not a hooligan) got beaten half to death by traveling Roma ultras. In some countries they just let them have their fun so long as they don't disturb innocent match goers, but England in particular has really cracked down and I think that's a bit sad(!). I remember reading that Russian hooligans had told the English firms not to even show up at the WC this year. They probably shouldn't after the beating they got in the euros in France, which is well-documented online. Embarrassing.

If anything, this just goes to show how soft the culture has gotten over the last 20-30 years. The English hooligans in the 70s and 80s would have never stood for a bunch of inbred Ruskies talking shit.

As for my Krauts, it's the same story. I miss the days when we would have sent millions of storm troopers over there, raping and pillaging our way to Moscow.

Those Russian guys shouldn't be talking to the media about it. Everyone knows the number one rule of fight club, and it counts double for talking to some needle dick NYT/ESPN reporter.

Fuck the West is soft. Damn untermensch hooligans.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

The nanny surveillance state will keep us all safe!1!!1 They can't stop terrorist attacks or have the sense not to let in a bunch of sharia law demanding cunts, but they can stop consenting adults from having a little fun with violence every now and then.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

The nanny surveillance state will keep us all safe!1!!1 They can't stop terrorist attacks or have the sense not to let in a bunch of sharia law demanding cunts, but they can stop consenting adults from having a little fun with violence every now and then.
    That whack job Michael savage used to say only soccer hooligans could save England.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

That whack job Michael savage used to say only soccer hooligans could save England.
    From invaders? Sure. Absolutely.

My point was that the way they've dealt with it in England is fucked up. Spend a shit load of money on policing it only to push it underground and send a few unlucky guys to jail. Not to mention that they could be using those resources elsewhere, or not at all. In some countries the cops just tell them to keep it away from the stadium area and let them have it out in an empty field or something. Boys will be boys.