Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Doog Recruiting Test: Do you agree?

13»

Comments

• animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

I don't know about the pole. Sounds like dance viewable from gyno-row.

But.

This what I want.

- if the coaches can make an efficient use of resources and find "3 star" rated players that have 5 star potential and talent? Fuck yeah. Get them.
    - if the coaches identify 5 star talent like a ngata and have a realistic chance of getting them? Then fuck yeah, go for it. Good for pub and football elitism and Rep.

At the end of the day, win on the field and gather talented coaches that can recruit (and pay them too) - then recruiting will take care of itself.

Not worried at all.

It's like that other thread where you have a comparison between donte from Oregon showing off his grill... And lake showing off his nfl players. If the kids are more impressed by Golden teeth then fuck em.

Let the kids that want to be recruited that have no fucking clue what's important for them - let them go. Chances are they're potentially more trouble than they are worth.

Unless it's strategic value to add valuable fast strategy players.

I mean, even the Nebraska teams had guys like Lawrence Phillips. The ultimate fast strategy guy.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?
    Preferably paid up for 12 months!!!
    Damn, that's expensive for self immolation.

My position still stands Dennis.

Cardboard Pete + try hard white guys + some Lawrence Phillips types = natty!

Trust the coaches. Don't fight it... feel it.

Here's the short list of players from the '92-'96 Nebraska recruiting classes:

Mike Minter, Grant Wistrom, Tommie Frazier (#3 overall prospect), Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Graham, Ahman Green, Michael Booker (#7 prospect in CA), Tyrone Williams, Mike Rucker, Jason Peter, Doug Colman, Jamel Williams, Dominic Raiola, Will Shields, Mike Brown, Ralph Brown (#2 overall DB), Eric Warfield, Cory Schlesinger, Russ Hochstein, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Correll Buckhalter

All of these guys were high 4* to 5* caliber recruits. I just picked notable players who went to the NFL (with the exception of Frazier) that people on here might remember. There are many other highly-touted prospects that Osborne was able to land that I left out. Yes, it's true that there were corn-fed walk-ons who played a role, but 3* projects were very rare. Ironically, Osborne changed his recruiting strategy in the early 90s where he strictly targeted the best prospects in the country because Nebraska lost so many bowl games during the 80s, using the "efficient use of resources" model.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    elord821 said:

animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

- if the coaches can make an efficient use of resources and find "3 star" rated players that have 5 star potential and talent? Fuck yeah. Get them.
    - if the coaches identify 5 star talent like a ngata and have a realistic chance of getting them? Then fuck yeah, go for it. Good for pub and football elitism and Rep.

At the end of the day, win on the field and gather talented coaches that can recruit (and pay them too) - then recruiting will take care of itself.

Not worried at all.

It's like that other thread where you have a comparison between donte from Oregon showing off his grill... And lake showing off his nfl players. If the kids are more impressed by Golden teeth then fuck em.

Let the kids that want to be recruited that have no fucking clue what's important for them - let them go. Chances are they're potentially more trouble than they are worth.

I mean, even the Nebraska teams had guys like Lawrence Phillips. The ultimate fast strategy guy.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?

Mike Minter, Grant Wistrom, Tommie Frazier (#3 overall prospect), Lawrence Phillips, Aaron Graham, Ahman Green, Michael Booker (#7 prospect in CA), Tyrone Williams, Mike Rucker, Jason Peter, Doug Colman, Jamel Williams, Dominic Raiola, Will Shields, Mike Brown, Ralph Brown (#2 overall DB), Eric Warfield, Cory Schlesinger, Russ Hochstein, Kyle Vanden Bosch, Correll Buckhalter

All of these guys were high 4* to 5* caliber recruits. I just picked notable players who went to the NFL (with the exception of Frazier) that people on here might remember. There are many other highly-touted prospects that Osborne was able to land that I left out. Yes, it's true that there were corn-fed walk-ons who played a role, but 3* projects were very rare. Ironically, Osborne changed his recruiting strategy in the early 90s where he strictly targeted the best prospects in the country because Nebraska lost so many bowl games during the 80s, using the "efficient use of resources" model.
    Using the "efficient use of resources" modeIs, is there a point here?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018
    Baseman said:

elord821 said:

animate said:

animate said:

animate said:

But.

This what I want.

Not worried at all.

Fucking kill yourself.
    You want my 10.95 first?

Using the "efficient use of resources" modeIs, is there a point here?
    Click on "show previous quotes" from this post. It's in bold. I was referring to his Nebraska example.