Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Bama and Texas just scheduled a home and home for 2022/23

NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
Leaving UW as one of the only power 5 teams left without their 2022/23 nonconference schedule figured out.

I looked a bit and there’s basically 5 decent to high quality teams left who we could possibly schedule a home and home with:
Arkansas
Florida St
Florida
Georgia
Iowa (playing ISU but maybe they grow a pair).

Either that... or Pete and Jen are banking on the new LA and Vegas NFL stadiums to host week 1 neutral site games by then.

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,102
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    NEsnake12 said:

Leaving UW as one of the only power 5 teams left without their 2022/23 nonconference schedule figured out.

I looked a bit and there’s basically 5 decent to high quality teams left who we could possibly schedule a home and home with:
    Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Either that... or Pete and Jen are banking on the new LA and Vegas NFL stadiums to host week 1 neutral site games by then.

Will any of those teams leave the South to play a home and home? Or will we just end up scheduling a "neutral" site game somewhere like Tampa or Atlanta?
  • UWhuskytskeetUWhuskytskeet Member Posts: 7,104
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Will any of those teams leave the South to play a home and home? Or will we just end up scheduling a "neutral" site game somewhere like Tampa or Atlanta?
    Georgia has a home-and-home with UCLA scheduled for late next decade. Florida isn't going anywhere, but Florida State plays at Boise State and Notre Dame.
    Swaye's Wigwam

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Georgia has a home-and-home with UCLA scheduled for late next decade. Florida isn't going anywhere, but Florida State plays at Boise State and Notre Dame.
    That's quite a pull for Boise St. to get Florida St. to Idaho. I'm chinpressed.
    dnc said:

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

That's quite a pull for Boise St. to get Florida St. to Idaho. I'm chinpressed.
    No chance that game happens
    Yeah probably not. FSU moved their home game to Jacksonville in 2019, probably no shot they play at Boise the next year.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,717
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Arkansas might.
  • FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    Is Idaho available?
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Arkansas played a home and home with USC
    NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Arent neutral site games based on invitation, so they probably know by now if they are in consideration
  • uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Didn't LSU come up here? Maybe my brain is foggy, and I had kinda checked out for much of the Gilby/Ty/Sark years.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a home/away with any of those (Arkansas, Florida St, Florida, Georgia).
    edited May 2018

uzi said:

NEsnake12 said:

Arkansas
    Florida St
    Florida
    Georgia

Didn't LSU come up here? Maybe my brain is foggy, and I had kinda checked out for much of the Gilby/Ty/Sark years.

I think it would be pretty cool to have a home/away with any of those (Arkansas, Florida St, Florida, Georgia).
    Yup. LSU was the first home game of the Sark era:

https://pac-12.com/article/2009/08/31/sark-era-starts-saturday-night-vs-lsu

I was that at that game, charged to maximum doog...so blissfully unaware of the bullshit to come.
    Yurp, the opening drive TD was pretty fun coming off of Owen 12. I thought James Johnson was going to be a beast.
  • HUSKYFANATICHUSKYFANATIC Member Posts: 1,651
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

TTJ said:

Does this guy post at HH? If not, we need to send an invite
    That’s me

TTJ said:

Does this guy post at HH? If not, we need to send an invite
    That’s me
    Thank you for your service
    Swaye's Wigwam

The crowd rose as one to give our DAWGS a standing ovation for losing

I was in tears on our opening drive as we marched crisply down the field.

LSU has killed us twice down there

Ugh was there. Had a hard doog boner after the first drive. Then got drunk at the dub after the game.