Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

I watched Dunkirk

2»

Comments

• MikeDamoneMikeDamone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 37,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Speaking of privates there's a wax shop in Canada getting sued because a trans woman who still had her junk wanted a wax and the only worker there was a Muslim gal who said her husband would kill her for touching another man's (?) junk.

This is pretty much the future of outrage politics. Everyone is wrong and needs to be sued

Wax the damn balls!
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

And yes, it was filled with white people.

It also seemed like it was mailed in for the most part. Saving Private Ryan is 20 years old and it had way better blood and guts and made you feel scared like you were there. Maybe I'm jaded but I never really gave a fuck about anyone in Dunkirk.

They live or they die and neither one was interesting.

Two thumbs down.

I’ll wait for @BearsWiin to say it wasn’t special before I decide to watch, Thanks.
  • DawgWagonDanDawgWagonDan Member Posts: 789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

It also seemed like it was mailed in for the most part. Saving Private Ryan is 20 years old and it had way better blood and guts and made you feel scared like you were there. Maybe I'm jaded but I never really gave a fuck about anyone in Dunkirk.

Two thumbs down.

I watched it too. It's like they said "we want to make an epic, big-budget WWII movie but pay zero money." It was little shit like the uniforms of the soldiers were all super clean and new looking.... it seemed mailed the fuck in. And yes, SPR is so far superior that Dunkirk isn't even really worth watching if SPR is what you are expecting.
    The special effects looked like they came from Iron Eagle in the 80's
    An underrated 80's flick IMHO. "One Vision" by Queen, also an underrated song from the soundtrack...

CHAAAAAAAAAPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
  • BearsWiinBearsWiin Member Posts: 4,947
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    salemcoog said:

Two thumbs down.

I’ll wait for @BearsWiin to say it wasn’t special before I decide to watch, Thanks.
    I saw it this last weekend also, didn't care for it. Nolan tried to put extra gravitas into every scene, and it got tiresome about the same time the nonlinearity got tiresome. Which was, uh, quickly.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,682
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

Two thumbs down.

I watched it too. It's like they said "we want to make an epic, big-budget WWII movie but pay zero money." It was little shit like the uniforms of the soldiers were all super clean and new looking.... it seemed mailed the fuck in. And yes, SPR is so far superior that Dunkirk isn't even really worth watching if SPR is what you are expecting.
    The special effects looked like they came from Iron Eagle in the 80's
    An underrated 80's flick IMHO. "One Vision" by Queen, also an underrated song from the soundtrack...

CHAAAAAAAAAPPPYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!
    Iron Eagle was awesome it just had shitty 80's effects but some of the air combat was actually better than Dunkirk
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    Any discushion about Woar Movies w/o paying homage to Red Dawn is fs.

Patrick Swayze baby. Wolverines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!