Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

imagine if durant wasn't a beta coward and went to boston

how fun would gsw boston be

Still going to be a lot of fun ... the next few years of Boston vs GS will be a ton of fun to watch
    fuck no.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Warriors will beat Boston this year ... next year will be a battle
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Lebron is 3 and 5 in finals. He's not a one man team and never has been.

Boston has been a contender all year including pre season. It's God's 5th year there with Ainge stacking the roster with top picks.

When Cleveland rebuilt on the fly at the All Star break they were written off. They were written off against Indianapolis

They played 4 great games against the Raptors

This whole the only reason Boston wins is because of Stevens and they lose because they're young is bullshit

IMO

You always talk about stars. Who is Boston’s true, bonafied All Star? They don’t have one. Yet here they are in the ECF after losing their top two players.

You’re becoming Svenlike with your arguments.
    Lol they do but they're hurt. Which is even more of a indictment on Steven's ability to coach. He's amazing.
    Indictment?
    Im stupid.
    HRYK
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Golden State wouldn’t be the force they are without Durant. I would even say Houston could beat them if Durant wasn’t on GS. He is tho, so it’s a mute point.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,397
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

The series isn’t over. Not looking good but Cavs could easily win both at home.
    You’re dreaming
    The Celtics couldn't beat the shit Bucks on the road. LIPO.
    Founders Club
    After the Cleveland Cavaliers lost 107-94 on Tuesday to fall down 0-2 in the Eastern Conference finals, Cavs coach Tyronn Lue said that Boston is "gooning the game up."

The Celtics didn't seem to have any problem with the characterization.

"I don't even know what to say to that," Jaylen Brown said. "I agree, I guess."

Boston forward Marcus Morris added his assessment.

"Gooning? That's a good word," Morris said. "S---, we're doing what it takes. Whatever it takes, every player, 1 to 15, whatever it takes, that's what we're doing. You call it what you want to call it. We're just trying to get the win."

Coincidentally, "Whatever It Takes" just so happens to be Cleveland's official playoff slogan, but the Cavs appear to have run into an opponent that embodies those words more -- at least at the moment.

"I mean, we just play hard," Celtics forward Al Horford said. "We go out there, we compete. It's Celtics basketball. We're really embracing Celtics basketball. We're playing hard. We've got each other's backs, and that's it."
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,730
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I have zero concern
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660
    edited May 2018
    Tequilla said:

Fuck Off Ty Lue

Gooning is pushing a guy in the back like JR Smith

Word. That's a bullshit statement by a looser coach. Coach better.

Celtics just play good physical team defense. They aren't dirty. JR Smith is dirty.

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Lue is for lueser.

People forget that.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

dnc said:

Well if Rohan Nadkarni says no I take it back.

I did pick them to win the series after all. I think they're the better team. They're not the better roster though.
    Everyone on Boston is better than everyone on Cleveland except Lebron. Love is hurt. The bench is the guys the Lakers didn't want to keep in order to go after Lebron for next year. Throw in the greatest coach in the history of sports and this thing is over
    So you’re saying LeBrons tantrum demand to redo half of the roster mid season hasn’t worked out? And somehow it’s not his fault?

Losers lose.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment

Tequilla said:

Gladstone said:

Still going to be a lot of fun ... the next few years of Boston vs GS will be a ton of fun to watch
    Uh no
    Exactly. C’mon on Teq. Everybody knows that LeBrons Lakers will over take over the West next year.

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Well if Rohan Nadkarni says no I take it back.

I did pick them to win the series after all. I think they're the better team. They're not the better roster though.
    Everyone on Boston is better than everyone on Cleveland except Lebron. Love is hurt. The bench is the guys the Lakers didn't want to keep in order to go after Lebron for next year. Throw in the greatest coach in the history of sports and this thing is over
    So you’re saying LeBrons tantrum demand to redo half of the roster mid season hasn’t worked out? And somehow it’s not his fault?

Losers lose.
    The Cavs rightfully sold their soul to LeBron. It did fuck up their roster tho. Kevin Love is not a max player. Both JR Smith and Tristan Thompson have ridiculous contracts. LeBron pressured the Cavs to sign both.

They have given into LeBron’s every demand. He sucks as a GM. Jordan did too, but the Bulls never listened to Jordan. LeBron gets whatever he wants.
  • SaracenSaracen Member Posts: 269
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer

dnc said:

Lebron is 3 and 5 in finals. He's not a one man team and never has been.

Boston has been a contender all year including pre season. It's God's 5th year there with Ainge stacking the roster with top picks.

When Cleveland rebuilt on the fly at the All Star break they were written off. They were written off against Indianapolis

They played 4 great games against the Raptors

This whole the only reason Boston wins is because of Stevens and they lose because they're young is bullshit

IMO

You always talk about stars. Who is Boston’s true, bonafied All Star? They don’t have one. Yet here they are in the ECF after losing their top two players.

You’re becoming Svenlike with your arguments.
    Lol they do but they're hurt. Which is even more of a indictment on Steven's ability to coach. He's amazing.
    Indictment?
    Im stupid.
    Well done.

Meanwhile, Tequilla is still trying to dance/talk around the fact that he misunderstood or misstated the concept of someone who can shoot 3's AND play defense.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Boston Celtics coach Brad Stevens thinks the praise he's received for his team's continued success this season is "silly" and "uncomfortable," and it seems as though one of the greatest players in the franchise's history agrees with him.

Robert Parish, a Hall of Famer who won three championships with the Celtics in the 1980s, downplayed Stevens' value on Monday.

"I think he's getting a little too much praise," Parish said on Sirius XM NBA Radio, "but I like what he's doing. They giving him all the love like he won three or four championships. Come on, now. Win something first, all the love he's getting."

"Don't get me wrong, he's a solid coach," Parish continued. "I'll give him that. ... I'm not saying Brad Stevens should not be getting praise for the job that he's done, because I feel like he's done an outstanding job. I'm just saying the amount of praise he's getting, you'd think he won a championship or two. They don't give (Golden State Warriors coach) Steve Kerr that much love. Come on."

https://usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/2018/05/15/celtics-legend-robert-parish-brad-stevens-too-much-praise/612444002/
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Gordon Hayward has never won shit and didn't play all year and may not be on the team next year since his replacement is better than him

Irving is injury prone. His greatest value was in leaving Cleveland and sticking them with IT. He may not be a part either.

The guys they have are playing great. You can't over achieve any more than you can give 110%.

You are who you are. Boston is good players, high picks, playing great ball. Its a players league and that's that
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,660

Gladstone said:

Gladstone said:

Golden State wouldn’t be the force they are without Durant. I would even say Houston could beat them if Durant wasn’t on GS. He is tho, so it’s a mute point.
    Even without Durant, Golden State would have attracted some free agent of note the last couple years. Hell, Lebron had a player option free agent in 2015. He could have ended up with the Warriors instead of Durant.

Swaye's Wigwam
    GS was 1-1 in the finals without Durant and beat the Thunder like a drum

Quite honestly there is no way that GS should not be going for a 4 Peat other then the loser who is being maligned here finding a way to beat them even without Brad Steven's as coach
    Founders Club