Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best TV Show of all time is Columbo and it isn’t close.

1235»

Comments

• UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,100
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

dnc said:

A page and a half in and no one has mentioned the REAL best show of all time yet.

Sad.

That show is the best comedy show of all time and I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t be seen that way.

I went back and tried to watch it and I couldn’t. Not that it hasn’t aged well, the problem is that humor needs surprise and everything in the show has become so deeply embedded in our society (“I’m Rick James bitch!”) that it was weird on some level.

Other comedies have been good, but that show is transcendent.
    It really is insane how many of Chappelle's skits made it into the greater zeitgeist. Just on this bored (full of crackers, no less) we frequently reference Clayton Bigsby, "I'm rich, bitch", when keepin it real goes wrong, darkness brothers, "game. blouses", I wrote this song a long time ago, the racial draft and Tyrone Biggums, not to mention we have a poster named @SilkyJohnston.

And that doesn't include arguably the two most transcendent gags from the show - "I'm Rich James Bitch" and "What/Yeah/Okay" which were everywhere for about five years after they aired. Or other ingenious bits like Meet The Niggars and Ask A Black Man.

Insanely great show.
    Fucking sketch turned into a real show. Life imitating art and all.

• BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    If Dexter had ended after the trinity season (season four?) the show would have gone down as an all-time great. as it stands, its legacy is mixed at best and laughable at worst.
  • BleachedAnusDawgBleachedAnusDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,387
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    MASH was a comedy?
  • longduckdonglongduckdong Member Posts: 1,005

BlastDoor said:

I hate the wire on some level. I tried to re-watch recently and and it sounds like the dialogue was written by someone who had a poster of Tennessee Williams and Maya Angelou on their wall the whole time.

Every black person talks like a fucking Stephen King black person - slow and says "and all" all the fucking time.

Also, fuck the kids.

Bunk, Lester Freamon and Rawls are the good characters. McNulty is essentially me, so I can't hate. And everyone else is at best tier 2.
    The bunk is the fucking shit.
    White people love saying black people are the shit.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    dflea said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

A page and a half in and no one has mentioned the REAL best show of all time yet.

Sad.

That show is the best comedy show of all time and I can’t imagine how it wouldn’t be seen that way.

I went back and tried to watch it and I couldn’t. Not that it hasn’t aged well, the problem is that humor needs surprise and everything in the show has become so deeply embedded in our society (“I’m Rick James bitch!”) that it was weird on some level.

Other comedies have been good, but that show is transcendent.
    It really is insane how many of Chappelle's skits made it into the greater zeitgeist. Just on this bored (full of crackers, no less) we frequently reference Clayton Bigsby, "I'm rich, bitch", when keepin it real goes wrong, darkness brothers, "game. blouses", I wrote this song a long time ago, the racial draft and Tyrone Biggums, not to mention we have a poster named @SilkyJohnston.

And that doesn't include arguably the two most transcendent gags from the show - "I'm Rich James Bitch" and "What/Yeah/Okay" which were everywhere for about five years after they aired. Or other ingenious bits like Meet The Niggars and Ask A Black Man.

Insanely great show.
    The Clayton Bigsby sketch is on the short list for best sketches of all time. What made it so great when you watched it the first time is that you knew it was going to have a payoff at the end but you didn't know what it was going to be. Then, when you got the payoff it was the perfect end to the first episode. Absolute brilliance.

I've always thought that the Mad Real World was underrated.
    The first time I saw the Bigsby sketch, I laughed so hard that my face hurt.
    #MeToo
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    BaldwinIV said:

If Dexter had ended after the trinity season (season four?) the show would have gone down as an all-time great. as it stands, its legacy is mixed at best and laughable at worst.

The season before the last (7?) was good. The one where Deb finds out about Dexter. For the most part, I was still entertained and watched every week.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,656
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

BaldwinIV said:

The season before the last (7?) was good. The one where Deb finds out about Dexter. For the most part, I was still entertained and watched every week.
    There was some fine ass bitches in Dexter. Deb was kind of scrawny but still wood.

• BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797

BaldwinIV said:

No.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Would willingly let her gut me from my throat to my throbbing cock