Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Why Pete should restrict Hugh Millen from attending practice

BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Would have you questioned Bill Cosby's ethics up until recently? He was "America's Dad" and look at what a scumbag he is. You can't trust anyone in this day and age and that's just reality.

Comments

• animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Sounds like YDWHA.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2018
    You guys realize he's not really going to Oregon right? Oregon's going to take a better QB and lettuce boy's going somewhere else.
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

I sat next to Hugh at a recruiting banquet. I offered him a blow job for the Orange Bowl comeback

He seemed nice enough

Pics?
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment

My favorite aspect of all this is the great white slow strategy respectable do it the right way guy got sold by Oregon bullshit.

You can still be a slow strategy, great white hope and still be a YUGE douche canoe. In the one tim I've interacted with Hugh in person, he seemed like a major DC.
    Confirmed. There is nobody living on glory days more than Hugh. His entire source of self-esteem and identity is the UW fratboy/former Husky QB legend. The dude has barely grown up.

He and Mora are the same person. Mora just has a shorter fuse. They both need someone to just shut them the fuck up with an ass kicking.
    I volunteer you to do it.
  • creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,696
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    PurpleJ said:

My favorite aspect of all this is the great white slow strategy respectable do it the right way guy got sold by Oregon bullshit.

You can still be a slow strategy, great white hope and still be a YUGE douche canoe. In the one tim I've interacted with Hugh in person, he seemed like a major DC.
    Confirmed. There is nobody living on glory days more than Hugh. His entire source of self-esteem and identity is the UW fratboy/former Husky QB legend. The dude has barely grown up.

He and Mora are the same person. Mora just has a shorter fuse. They both need someone to just shut them the fuck up with an ass kicking.
    No, Mora actually became a coach. I don't know if you knew that. Just FYI.
    Mora was a corch? No, I did not know that. All this time I thought he was a piece of shit, arrogant frat boy who used Daddy's connections to get him into a business at which he never excelled and has ridden that train, miraculously, to two NFL HC jobs and a run at UCLA. I guess he did become a corch.
  • BasemanBaseman Member Posts: 12,365
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Where would you be? If I played at Washington, If I was Don Friggin James and coached at Washington AND my son played at Oregon, I would be at Autzen cheering for my sons and his teammates.

@DjCancerwon, true?
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,375
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

Mora was a corch? No, I did not know that. All this time I thought he was a piece of shit, arrogant frat boy who used Daddy's connections to get him into a business at which he never excelled and has ridden that train, miraculously, to two NFL HC jobs and a run at UCLA. I guess he did become a corch.
    He never excelled? News to me.

Why so angry?
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Why so angry?
    I love the idea that being a 3 time head coach is 'not excelling'. Sure, he's not the best head coach in the world, but pretty sure that's a decent coaching career.
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,680
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Why so angry?
    I love the idea that being a 3 time head coach is 'not excelling'. Sure, he's not the best head coach in the world, but pretty sure that's a decent coaching career.
    I agree but I also chuckle when I realize that Mora's biggest accomplishment to most folks is breaking the Green Bay home playoff winning streak

Even though Dan Reeves was still the head coach
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Why so angry?
    Sure, he's excelled compared to the average bumblefuck. I think it's more pertinent to compare him to other coaches though, and the only thing he's been good at as a coach is to assemble talented teams and then have gradually declining results year after year.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

When I was writing the Willingham book the former players were enthusiastic about it, but many other people ran for the hills. But Hugh agreed to be interviewed for a chapter as long as he could okay it after I wrote it. So to his eternal credit, he did that.
    Courageous
    Larry Wilcox grew up in Rawlins, Wyoming, with three siblings and raised by a single parent - his mother. He graduated and then went to the University of Wyoming and studied pre-med and then transferred to Cal State University Northridge in Southern California. His sister was tragically murdered by her husband in front of her mother and their three children and Larry returned home to assist the family. During this time Larry was drafted in the Army but he wanted to be in the best outfit during the Vietnam War and so he enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. He honorably served thirteen months in Vietnam with five campaign stars and two meritorious promotions. He was discharged as a Sergeant and then went back to school. Wilcox hit the pavement running and began working two to three jobs to make ends meet. He began studying acting and music and soon got a Hollywood agent and landed many commercials and then beat 300 actors to win the co-star role on Lassie in 1970. He then went on to guest star in many popular TV shows from MASH, Love Boat, Police Story, Room 222, The Partridge Family, Hawaii Five-0 and many others. He was subsequently picked to star in CHiPS with co-star Erik Estrada which he did for five years and the show was syndicated in one-hundred foreign countries. During this time Wilcox, a businessman at heart, formed his own production company and began buying scripts and books and making deals with studios and networks. He produced the Death of a Playmate: The Dorothy Stratten Story for MGM and NBC which he believed had many parallels to the death of his sister. He then developed, funded and produced the award winning TV Series, The Ray Bradbury Theater for HBO for five years. Wilcox has a long list of productions and is presently negotiating some very significant projects we all hope to see in the near future.

Wilcox has been married to Marlene Harmon for over thirty years with three boys and two girls which are all adults now. Wilcox was an avid sportsman and, as he states, "I enjoyed pushing the envelope." He set eight Land Speed Records at the infamous Bonneville Salt Flats, was a race car driver and competed in SCCA events and was a cowboy competitor and member of the Professional Rodeo Cowboys Association. Wilcox is also a pilot who is known for some crazy rides in his very own military plane with a cockpit. He has flown with the Blue Angels and the Marines as a Celebrity Guest and is famous for asking the military pilot to "let it all hang out" and to try and make him sick.

Presently (as of April 2016) Wilcox is focused on two arenas: filmmaking and digital distribution tools that he owns and/or participates in. He has been the past national spokesperson for The Motorcycle Safety Foundation and the Red Cross. He was the national celebrity spokesperson for the Vets Save The Flag campaign. He has also been the celebrity filmmaker and spokesperson for TheFallenHeroes.org. Wilcox believes that man was put on this earth to help each other and to perpetuate better offspring than yourself. He said his credits are not about his life.....his credits are his family. His fan site is larrywilcox.net and he has a Facebook site that he writes a monthly journal to keep in touch with his fans. When asked what advice Wilcox would give to the world he says: "Love and be Loved; and walk tall through the fire and stay in your bubble of personal belief because HE is with you all the way!"