Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Hip hop next?

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

Will Vanilla Ice be in it?

Does Hondo spam the tug on a daily basis?
  • 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    PurpleJ said:

Great! A bunch of borderline racist white guys discussing hip hop!

Borderline?
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Positive K
    Eek a Mouse
    Snow
    Gerardo
    Shorty da Pimp
    JaRule
    Juvenile
    Biz Markee or GTFO!!!
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,045
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Dude, I was a total metal head rolling around singing "Woke up quick, at about noon, just thought that I had to be in Compton soon..."

NWA is so deeply game changing, there is no way they don't win. I get that there have probably been much better rappers (I don't know a ton of rap but I assume), but shit man, NWA is legend.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Swaye said:

Dude, I was a total metal head rolling around singing "Woke up quick, at about noon, just thought that I had to be in Compton soon..."

NWA is so deeply game changing, there is no way they don't win. I get that there have probably been much better rappers (I don't know a ton of rap but I assume), but shit man, NWA is legend.

As chinfluential as NWA was, they feel like a #2 seed at best. They really only had 1 classic album. If I was in charge of the future Hip Hop tourney seedings - I won't because there are others here way more dialed in than me on the genre - I think Public Enemy should be a lock for a #1 seed. If we are being truly objective, B-Boys gotta be a #1 seed too, cultural appropriation or not. White peeps buy a ton of hip hop records too.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Swaye said:

As chinfluential as NWA was, they feel like a #2 seed at best. They really only had 1 classic album. If I was in charge of the future Hip Hop tourney seedings - I won't because there are others here way more dialed in than me on the genre - I think Public Enemy should be a lock for a #1 seed. If we are being truly objective, B-Boys gotta be a #1 seed too, cultural appropriation or not. White peeps buy a ton of hip hop records too.
    Beastie Boys have no business as a 1 seed. Stop that shit.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Swaye said:

Oh you mean like their first 5 albums being all tim classics? Come on now - they among the all tim greatest hip hop groups. Their samples and rhymes were as good as anything from the 80s and 90s.
    edited May 2018
    Worthy of consideration fo a 1 seed:

Groups
    Public Enemy
    Run DMC
    NWA
    Wu Tang
    Outkast

Chindividuals
    Snoop
    Pac
    Biggie
    Lil Wayne
    Kanye
    Jay Z
    Eminem

That's the list. You could maybe talk me into an Eric B and Rakim, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, the Roots or Big Daddy Kane if I"m feeling generous, but there's really nobody else who transcends the genre the way these do.

If black people don't like your shit you're not a fucking one seed in a rap battle.

dnc said:

Swaye said:

Oh you mean like their first 5 albums being all tim classics? Come on now - they among the all tim greatest hip hop groups. Their samples and rhymes were as good as anything from the 80s and 90s.
    One more time with feeling:

If black people don't like your shit you're not a fucking one seed in a rap battle.
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Groups
    Public Enemy
    Run DMC
    NWA
    Wu Tang
    Outkast

Chindividuals
    Snoop
    Pac
    Biggie
    Lil Wayne
    Kanye
    Jay Z
    Eminem

That's the list. You could maybe talk me into an Eric B and Rakim, Grandmaster Flash and the Furious Five, the Roots or Big Daddy Kane if I"m feeling generous, but there's really nobody else who transcends the genre the way these do.

I think you have to seed Dre as an individual and he's a 1
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Groups
    Public Enemy
    Run DMC
    NWA
    Wu Tang
    Outkast

Chindividuals
    Snoop
    Pac
    Biggie
    Lil Wayne
    Kanye
    Jay Z
    Eminem

Our lists pretty much align here and I'm not gonna die on a hill for the B-Boys as hip hop isn't my specialty. That said, from a raw numbers stand point, lotta white boys bought rap records too.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    hey faggots

license to ill was the first cd i owned.

fuck off.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    Swaye's Wigwam

hey faggots

fuck off.

Sometims I believe your account has to be a parody account. Sometims I like to do that.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,104
    Swaye's Wigwam

dnc said:

Groups
    Public Enemy
    Run DMC
    NWA
    Wu Tang
    Outkast

Chindividuals
    Snoop
    Pac
    Biggie
    Lil Wayne
    Kanye
    Jay Z
    Eminem

Our lists pretty much align here and I'm not gonna die on a hill for the B-Boys as hip hop isn't my specialty. That said, from a raw numbers stand point, lotta white boys bought rap records too.
    Beastie Boys were really important to rap...if you were white. I gotta agree with @dnc on this one.
    Swaye's Wigwam

hey faggots

fuck off.

Sometims I believe your account has to be a parody account. Sometims I like to do that.
    I used to think you and @GrundleStiltzkin were the same being based on the level of computer nerd shit and what not- e.g., poaster popularity metrics. But then the musical tastes were way too divergent. Or were they?

dnc said:

Groups
    Public Enemy
    Run DMC
    NWA
    Wu Tang
    Outkast

Chindividuals
    Snoop
    Pac
    Biggie
    Lil Wayne
    Kanye
    Jay Z
    Eminem

I think you have to seed Dre as an individual and he's a 1
    He’s not really a legendary emcee though. Producer yes. Lyricist he has one legendary album a decent one spread out over a decade.

I think Ice Cube is much closer to a one by himself than Dre, and I fucking love Dre.