Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Too many weapons.
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

In keeping with bored tradition, I'm going to knee jerk react and say Warriors in 4.

Chris Paul the God isn't as good as he looked against Jazz 3rd string? Shocked.

I think it really be done in 4 or 5.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes

Doogles said:

In keeping with bored tradition, I'm going to knee jerk react and say Warriors in 4.

Chris Paul the God isn't as good as he looked against Jazz 3rd string? Shocked.

I think it really be done in 4 or 5.
    5 is generous.

No team that starts PJ Tucker is going to beat the Warriors in a best of 7.

Might as well start Chris Paul’s Mexican State Farm agent.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

Rockets need to unleash Capela in the 2nd half, P&R was non existent

It doesn't work as well when Draymond is guarding Capela and can easily switch off onto the original pick and roll and Capela isn't allowed to roll freely
    Capela will never beat Golden State. Only Paul, Harden and Gordon can. Tonight one of them went off. They will need all 3 to win.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

Tequilla said:

It doesn't work as well when Draymond is guarding Capela and can easily switch off onto the original pick and roll and Capela isn't allowed to roll freely
    It still fucking works.
    Go ahead and tell yourself that ... Capela was largely a non-factor tonight.

Houston's going to be doing well to win 1 game in this series. 2 games is their ceiling.
    salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Capela will never beat Golden State. Only Paul, Harden and Gordon can. Tonight one of them went off. They will need all 3 to win.
    Combined Harden and Paul scored 64. If you include Gordon they scored 79 points. How much more do you realistically expect out of them?

Tucker and Mbah a Moute are worthless in this series. Ariza is blah. Where else is Houston going to get buckets from?

Now, if you put LBJ on Houston, I may be interested in talking about a series. But their 3 and D players more or less suck in relation to the Warriors.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,461
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Combined Harden and Paul scored 64. If you include Gordon they scored 79 points. How much more do you realistically expect out of them?

Tucker and Mbah a Moute are worthless in this series. Ariza is blah. Where else is Houston going to get buckets from?

Now, if you put LBJ on Houston, I may be interested in talking about a series. But their 3 and D players more or less suck in relation to the Warriors.
    Mbah a Moute was pretty terrible tonight. Missed about 4 gimmies at the rim.
    Doogles said:

Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Mbah a Moute was pretty terrible tonight. Missed about 4 gimmies at the rim.
    Very true ... and the Harden + CP3 + Gordon combo shot 50%. Shift some of those shots around and it probably evens out.

The problems that Houston has in this series aren't on the offensive end in the grand scheme of things ... it's that they can't guard Golden State and it forces their offense to have to outscore the Warriors.

The only Warrior to not shoot 50% or better tonight was Draymond and he only took 5 shots. When EVERYBODY is shooting 50% or better from the field that tells you that the defensive issues are systematic and not contained to just one guy having a hot night. What the Warriors did tonight is largely sustainable.

Houston sucks. Mike D’Antoni is a regular season coach.

What this playoff is really driving home to me is that this direction of "3 and D" players is too easy to exploit as there are few that are able to be multi-dimensional offensively and strong enough defensively. With Cleveland, it's too easy to exploit guys like Korver defensively. With Houston, the defenders like Tucker and Mbah a Moute are not good enough offensively to not allow a good team to be able to fall off of him effectively.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

What this playoff is really driving home to me is that this direction of "3 and D" players is too easy to exploit as there are few that are able to be multi-dimensional offensively and strong enough defensively. With Cleveland, it's too easy to exploit guys like Korver defensively. With Houston, the defenders like Tucker and Mbah a Moute are not good enough offensively to not allow a good team to be able to fall off of him effectively.
    Korver is not a 3 and D player
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

George Karl and Brad Stevens agree
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,717
    Swaye's Wigwam

Teams have hope this year which is a nice change.

Watching those hopes get crushed will be fun

I'm sticking with the Warriors not making 4 in a row and Lebron doing 4 in a row with his second team

I still like @WilburHooksHands Rockets to win it all

Bump?
  • NEsnake12NEsnake12 Member Posts: 3,789
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Toronto and Houston both busted their asses all season to get #1 seeds and home court advantage. Just for LeBron and the Warriors respectively to take it away in one game. Winners win when it actually matters.
  • haiehaie Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 20,350
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    What a cool game for the dubs band wagoners whose old teams left them man
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He’s a 3 and no D player ... missing my point if that is what you are focusing in on
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He’s a 3 and no D player ... missing my point if that is what you are focusing in on
    You're missing the point if you're using Korver as any kind of data point about the 3 and D movement. He's not part of it.
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

You're missing the point if you're using Korver as any kind of data point about the 3 and D movement. He's not part of it.
    It’s more about specialization in my mind and having limited focal points offensively.

Bruce Bowen to me was an original example. Great D and made himself into a passable offensive player.

A guy like Korver swings the other way as a great shooter that in an ideal world you hide in defense.

The unicorn is the great shooter that is also a tremendous defender.

In all examples, these players are limited offensively in what they do well versus what a good defense forces them into.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Tequilla said:

salemcoog said:

Tequilla said:

Those 3 need to score 90-100 points for them to win. Steph Curry was off last night and they still almost broke 120. Houston's other players are good for maybe 25-30 points between all of them against Golden State. It all just illustrates how dominant of a team the W's are.