Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Impressive game by the Celtics, but I’m going to assume LeBron will bounce back.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What Boston is largely able to do by throwing enough bodies on LBJ is that they can largely wall up the paint on him and force him to have to shoot from the perimeter. Even the 10-15 foot fadeaways are examples of good defense and congratulations to LBJ when he makes them. Those shots aren't going to beat Boston 4 out of 7 games. The other side to that is that with LBJ not able to get into the paint at will it doesn't compromise the defense to the point that the Cavs role players are able to get good clean looks. The pick and roll with Love isn't really that great of an option because of the way Boston is defending it ... even if they get a small on Love there is a big right behind him and the first opportunity for the small to switch off they are. The rest of the Cavs can't create shots and the open 3's they are used to having are now contested 3's that aren't the same shot.

Offensively, Boston is able to exploit Cleveland's pourous defense given that by inserting Morris into the starting lineup ahead of Baynes, they don't have a weak spot on offense. Even when Baynes comes into the game, his ability to screen and pass creates openings and that ultimately leads to easy opportunities for him. Perhaps even more importantly with Boston's offense is that there's no place for LBJ to hide defensively and rest. He's got to play on both ends of the court and that's ultimately going to wear him down a bit offensively.

Game 2 is now a MUST WIN for the Cavs ... they aren't beating Boston 4 out of 5 games if they lose on Tuesday.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2018
    Boston isn’t going to shut down LeBron, he’s going to get his. The question is can Boston shit down the rest of the Cavs? I think they can.
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Boston isn’t going to shut down LeBron, he’s going to get his. The question is can Boston shit down the rest of the Cavs? I think they can.

• TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    dnc said:

What is shutting down LBJ?

In my mind, keeping him out of the paint goes a long way to shutting him down.

His Points were down today but his Rebound and Assist totals would have looked good in the box score to the average person that didn't watch the game. By and large, LBJ was a complete non-factor today.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    <
    dnc said:

Boston just shut Lebron down.

• backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    @whlinder we are fucking steam rolling our way to the cup.
    Tequilla said:

What Boston is largely able to do by throwing enough bodies on LBJ is that they can largely wall up the paint on him and force him to have to shoot from the perimeter. Even the 10-15 foot fadeaways are examples of good defense and congratulations to LBJ when he makes them. Those shots aren't going to beat Boston 4 out of 7 games. The other side to that is that with LBJ not able to get into the paint at will it doesn't compromise the defense to the point that the Cavs role players are able to get good clean looks. The pick and roll with Love isn't really that great of an option because of the way Boston is defending it ... even if they get a small on Love there is a big right behind him and the first opportunity for the small to switch off they are. The rest of the Cavs can't create shots and the open 3's they are used to having are now contested 3's that aren't the same shot.

Offensively, Boston is able to exploit Cleveland's pourous defense given that by inserting Morris into the starting lineup ahead of Baynes, they don't have a weak spot on offense. Even when Baynes comes into the game, his ability to screen and pass creates openings and that ultimately leads to easy opportunities for him. Perhaps even more importantly with Boston's offense is that there's no place for LBJ to hide defensively and rest. He's got to play on both ends of the court and that's ultimately going to wear him down a bit offensively.

Game 2 is now a MUST WIN for the Cavs ... they aren't beating Boston 4 out of 5 games if they lose on Tuesday.

Honestly if I were Lebron I'd call for some down screens to curl off of myself to get something at the rim. He needs to hit outside shots or they fucked.
    Tequilla said:

dnc said:

What is shutting down LBJ?

In my mind, keeping him out of the paint goes a long way to shutting him down.

His Points were down today but his Rebound and Assist totals would have looked good in the box score to the average person that didn't watch the game. By and large, LBJ was a complete non-factor today.
    Yes, they shut him down today.

They're not going to continue to be able to do that.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,658
    GTFO of the NBA thread with that homo soccer on ice shit.

GTFO of the NBA thread with that homo soccer on ice shit.

OK!
  • whlinderwhlinder Member Posts: 4,240
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Anniversary First Comment
    Standard Supporter

SHHHHHHH

I refuse to acknowledge that they are kicking ass and taking names right now for fear that the Caps will inevitably revert to their Caps/CougIt form of the past 40 years.
    whlinder said:

SHHHHHHH

I refuse to acknowledge that they are kicking ass and taking names right now for fear that the Caps will inevitably revert to their Caps/CougIt form of the past 40 years.
    Fuck that, I'm going to game one of the cup if we win this series. If we don't it's sepekku.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    So Cavs in 6 then.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Harden sitting on the rail, like a Bitch.