Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Orin Patu, 2019 3* BUCK, Seattle (Ranier Beach), WA

http://www.hudl.com/v/280WkU

It sounds like teams want him at BUCK. I didn't see P5 offers coming this soon. If he weighs 200+ lbs. next season, and he wants to redshirt, I think he could be a decent pick-up.

He'll be at the Opening this weekend too, so it will be interesting to see what his measurables are, and of course, the athleticism. His recruitment will take-off if he tests well. He's very likely ours if we offer him.

Comments

• QuietcowskeeQuietcowskee Member Posts: 3,060
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes First Comment 5 Awesomes
    This year’s Ben Wilson?
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

http://www.hudl.com/v/280WkU

It sounds like teams want him at BUCK. I didn't see P5 offers coming this soon. If he weighs over 200+ lbs. next season, and he wants to redshirt, I think he could be a decent pick-up.
    Too small
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    "if" he weighs over 200lbs next season?

Is that legit buck recruiting strategy?

Take athleticism and add 40-60lbs worth of rhino cum? That will take too long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018
    animate said:

I also added that he needs a RS season. That would be smart for him, so he can put on more lbs. before he is on the depth chart. I know he can't put on 40-60 in a year. He'd be fat as shit. Murphy benefitted tremendously from his RS season where he put on nearly 20. Adding 15-20 by his senior season and another 15-20 as a RS is feasible for his frame. If he's 220-230 by the time he actually plays, which is realistic, then it's not a big deal. The athleticism he would lose would be minimal at worst. Who knows what he'll weigh at the Opening?

Don't twist either. I never said it was a legit strategy, but at least we would land somebody. A legit strategy right now is the JUCO route or targeting the few and far between players in the west like Drake Jackson, who we would have a chance with. What's your strategy?
  • animateanimate Member Posts: 4,230
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Just saying "200lbs" and "buck" is little bit of a stretch but perhaps not overly so.

Recruiting a 6'5" 240 te guy, trying him there and eventually converting him into a 6'5" 295 offensive lineman after 3 years... That's not uncommon.

The buck conversion doesn't appear as common... but what do I know.

• FireCohenFireCohen Member Posts: 21,823
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes
    edited May 2018
    as the HH frame superiority guy, this kids waist is really thin. I just do see him being able to put another 40-50 pounds on that frame. He could probably be get to around 235. Not that much natural power either, just really quick. he not going to be able to set the edge.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

He might be okay Eric, but we’re past the point of offering guys because they are in state. I’m a fence guy, but Cal and Virginia aren’t the measure.

We're going after the equivalent of high end DDY 2's and DDY 3's at this point. That's the foundation required to be at an elite national level.

A kid like this very well may be a kid that develops into a P12 player ... but we aren't in a position where we need to cross our fingers for kids to develop into the players that we need. Different level of TBS shopping.
  • BreadBread Member Posts: 3,967
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    How will we ever replace Feeney and Littleton?

How about with this guy who looks like a carbon copy of feeney in highschool.
  • bananasnblondesbananasnblondes Member Posts: 14,876
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Bread said:

How will we ever replace Feeney and Littleton?

How about with this guy who looks like a carbon copy of feeney in highschool.

We can honestly do better than Travis Feeney at this point
  • huskyhooliganhuskyhooligan Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 5,041
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam
    animate said:

rhino cum?

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    elord821 said:

animate said:

I also added that he needs a RS season. That would be smart for him, so he can put on more lbs. before he is on the depth chart. I know he can't put on 40-60 in a year. He'd be fat as shit. Murphy benefitted tremendously from his RS season where he put on nearly 20. Adding 15-20 by his senior season and another 15-20 as a RS is feasible for his frame. If he's 220-230 by the time he actually plays, which is realistic, then it's not a big deal. The athleticism he would lose would be minimal at worst. Who knows what he'll weigh at the Opening?

Don't twist either. I never said it was a legit strategy, but at least we would land somebody. A legit strategy right now is the JUCO route or targeting the few and far between players in the west like Drake Jackson, who we would have a chance with. What's your strategy?
    Trust the coaches
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I like Patu as well. There are a couple wait-and-see guys left in this year's in-state class who might have good senior years, but Patu is the only one left I think I'd feel good about offering right now.

He can definitely grow into that frame. His speed and bend around the edge is pretty impressive for a guy who is legit 6'4".

Also, powerball is test where you throw a ball from your chest, with a bench press-like motion, while standing on your knees so there's no extra torque. I think it's meant to assess upper body power.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment Name Dropper
    edited May 2018

I like Patu as well. There are a couple wait-and-see guys left in this year's in-state class who might have good senior years, but Patu is the only one left I think I'd feel good about offering right now.

He can definitely grow into that frame. His speed and bend around the edge is pretty impressive for a guy who is legit 6'4".

Also, powerball is test where you throw a ball from your chest, with a bench press-like motion, while standing on your knees so there's no extra torque. I think it's meant to assess upper body power.

How come when I say this I get butt-fucked, and when anyone else says it, then it's no problem?
  • chuckchuck Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 10,586
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    elord821 said:

How come when I say this I get butt-fucked, and when anyone else says it, then it's no problem?
    Lot of buttfuckers on this bored. There can't be buttfuckers without buttfuckees.
  • chuck said:

elord821 said:

Lot of buttfuckers on this bored. There can't be buttfuckers without buttfuckees.
    I must've been a good sport about it all along. All the other buttfuckees have left.