Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Final 4 National Semi-Final Game - #1 AC DC vs # 2 Metallica

2»

Comments

• greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    #1 AC DC
    Metallica made arguably the greatest album ever. I just prefer AC/DC's overall work.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 AC DC
    dflea said:

My first album was Powerage. I was visiting my granny back in Chicago, and she gave me some $$ to run down to the Ben Franklin store with.

I'd usually go down and get a model - a P-38 Lightning or Tiger tank - and build it over the next couple days while sniffing the glue. This time I saw Powerage on my way past the record albums, so I bought that instead. I'd heard Sin City on the radio in my brother's room, but when I asked who it was, he told me to shut up and get out of his room. When I saw it on Powerage, I knew I wasn't building any model this time - it was rock and roll from now on.

I brought it back to my granny's house, and my mom took a look at the cover and said there was no way we were putting it on the hi-fi.

Later that day, my mom left to go visit her college room mate - and my granny said "Do you want to listen to your new record album?" So we put on Powerage and rocked that shit. I noticed her foot tapping and a little headbanging going on when Sin City played. She was drinking Old Milwaukee and I was drinking little Oly's she had picked up for us so my brother and I could have a brewski with her. It was pretty cool being 11, drinking beer with your granny, and playing AC/DC. My granny knew how to party.

Good times.

That's how it all started for me. I know - cool story, bro.

I remember the catalyst to my buying Powerage was that "Gone Shootin' " was featured prominently in Beavis and Butthead.

• SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica
    dflea said:

My first album was Powerage. I was visiting my granny back in Chicago, and she gave me some $$ to run down to the Ben Franklin store with.

I'd usually go down and get a model - a P-38 Lightning or Tiger tank - and build it over the next couple days while sniffing the glue. This time I saw Powerage on my way past the record albums, so I bought that instead. I'd heard Sin City on the radio in my brother's room, but when I asked who it was, he told me to shut up and get out of his room. When I saw it on Powerage, I knew I wasn't building any model this time - it was rock and roll from now on.

I brought it back to my granny's house, and my mom took a look at the cover and said there was no way we were putting it on the hi-fi.

Later that day, my mom left to go visit her college room mate - and my granny said "Do you want to listen to your new record album?" So we put on Powerage and rocked that shit. I noticed her foot tapping and a little headbanging going on when Sin City played. She was drinking Old Milwaukee and I was drinking little Oly's she had picked up for us so my brother and I could have a brewski with her. It was pretty cool being 11, drinking beer with your granny, and playing AC/DC. My granny knew how to party.

Good times.

That's how it all started for me. I know - cool story, bro.

Pics of Granny?
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 AC DC
    Stick a fork in Metallica. Looks like they dun.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica

Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 AC DC
    Swaye said:

AC/DC takes it 32-18 to advance to the Natty game.
  • PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,652
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #1 AC DC
    No homo.