Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Winning cures everything

RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,687
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
Swaye's Wigwam
Sure Colin Cowherd is a front runner and noted purveyor of hot takes (hi Colin!) but he was among the pundits this morning talking about how great Chris Paul has always been and how unfair it was that he ever took the blame for anything and Westbrook sucks but Paul is awesome etc and etc.

But he did have a fun fact, Chris Paul has started for the best record in franchise history at three franchises including this year in Houston.

I've been hard on Paul because every NBA player in history EXCEPT Durrant gets ripped for not winning. And I recall being in the waiting room with my wife on life support watching Paul single handedly kick away a game and series a few years back. That one stuck to him like glue as did the long implosion of the Clippers

But he's great now.

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Flagged for GAF about what Colin says about basketball.
  • DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I still don't see it. The litmus test isn't against a young Jazz team rittled with injuries.

It's the Warriors. Be great against the Warriors and I'm sold. He's been in the league too long to get the benefit of the doubt.
  • WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,740
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes
    Doogles said:

I still don't see it. The litmus test isn't against a young Jazz team rittled with injuries.

It's the Warriors. Be great against the Warriors and I'm sold. He's been in the league too long to get the benefit of the doubt.

I think you make a good poont here, but it was better than getting run off the floor by Josh Smith and Corey Brewer while Harden was on the bench with a 1000 yard stare (as usual).
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Jaylen Brown is proving his worth as a top pick.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Doogles said:

Jaylen Brown is proving his worth as a top pick.

Oops
    I like these Euros on Philly they are all solid.
    Let Saric work Embiid and Simmons are out of control right now
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018

Sure Colin Cowherd is a front runner and noted purveyor of hot takes (hi Colin!) but he was among the pundits this morning talking about how great Chris Paul has always been and how unfair it was that he ever took the blame for anything and Westbrook sucks but Paul is awesome etc and etc.

But he did have a fun fact, Chris Paul has started for the best record in franchise history at three franchises including this year in Houston.

I've been hard on Paul because every NBA player in history EXCEPT Durrant gets ripped for not winning. And I recall being in the waiting room with my wife on life support watching Paul single handedly kick away a game and series a few years back. That one stuck to him like glue as did the long implosion of the Clippers

But he's great now.

I mostly agree. LeBron will probably be too much for the Celtics. That said, if the 76ers and Celtics switched coaches, the 76ers would have won the series. Stevens killed Brown.
  • JaWarrenJaHookerJaWarrenJaHooker Member Posts: 1,979
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    I recall Race telling us Houston would win the West about 4 months ago and no one believed him.

Either way it will be interesting
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

I recall Race telling us Houston would win the West about 4 months ago and no one believed him.

I think the first team to win 4 games over the next two weeks is in great position
    @Ron_Fairly!! True??
    dnc said:

I think the first team to win 4 games over the next two weeks is in great position
    @Ron_Fairly!! True??
    See the way Sele just went to the rosin bag right there? Drysdale used to pick up the bag exactly like that. Two pats and put it right down. Just like that.