Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Best of the Big 4

Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,718
First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
Founders Club
PICK ONE

Best of the Big 4 27 votes

Anthrax
3%
Blackie 1 vote
Megadeth
7%
Fire_Marshall_BillBearsWiin 2 votes
Metallica
81%
SwayewhlinderSoutherndawgThomasFremontRoadDawg55Mad_SonDeepSeaZDennis_DeYoungdncalumni94chuckoregonblitzkriegTequillaBad_MotherDuckerGrundleStiltzkinHuskyInAZbackthepackEl_KBleachedAnusDawgLesGrossman 22 votes
SLAYER
7%
PetermanUW_Doog_Bot 2 votes

Comments

• YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PICK ONE

@UW_Doog_Bot , please to be sending a cease and desist letter for copyright chinfrindgement of the "All Metal NIT Tournament TM".
  • Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,075
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Metallica
    Metallica >> Megadeth > Pantera > ...
  • RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Metallica
    PurpleJ said:

Backstreet Boys
    N*Sync
    98 Degrees
    O-Town

Backstreet all the way.
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,718
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    edited May 2018
    Megadeth

PICK ONE

@UW_Doog_Bot , please to be sending a cease and desist letter for copyright chinfrindgement of the "All Metal NIT Tournament TM".
    I'm pulling rank. I have over 12 k posts in this fucking shithole. That's what I tell my shrink too.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    Swaye's Wigwam

PICK ONE

I'm pulling rank. I have over 12 k posts in this fucking shithole. That's what I tell my shrink too.
    We're both on Pup's wagon Billy.
  • LebamDawgLebamDawg Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 8,510
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Swaye's Wigwam

PICK ONE

they are not numbered - how do I pick 1?
  • LesGrossmanLesGrossman Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,473
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Founders Club
    Metallica
    Metallica

Rather easily
  • JoeEDangerouslyJoeEDangerously Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 6,059
    Founders Club
    Metallica
    Megadeth has the best guitar player in Mustaine, the Godfather of thrash metal. Slayer has (had) the best duo in King and Hanneman (RIP). Anthrax is just lucky to be friends with all those guys in my opinion. They're ok but nothing special. Metallica had a better vocalist and songwriter with Hetfield and that's what separates the band from everyone else.
  • Pitchfork51Pitchfork51 Member Posts: 26,538
    Both of them all got raped by their creepy Ponzi scheme running manager.

So bsb = nsync
  • Bad_MotherDuckerBad_MotherDucker Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,309
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Metallica

Megadeth has the best guitar player in Mustaine, the Godfather of thrash metal. Slayer has (had) the best duo in King and Hanneman (RIP). Anthrax is just lucky to be friends with all those guys in my opinion. They're ok but nothing special. Metallica had a better vocalist and songwriter with Hetfield and that's what separates the band from everyone else.

And Mustaine sings like he's taking a shit.

Ever wonder what Mettalica would've been like had Dave not gone drunk asshole on them?
    Founders Club
    Metallica

And Mustaine sings like he's taking a shit.

Ever wonder what Mettalica would've been like had Dave not gone drunk asshole on them?
    Dave's vocals aren't great but none of those guys are vocally that talented. Dave's better days were in the 80's.
    Founders Club
    Metallica
    Swaye said:

Totally agree with all of this, and I would also add that Metallica had what amounted to an absolute prodigy in Cliff Burton who influenced the arrangements and pace to a degree never really seen before in metal. The level of complication on Master of Puppets had never been seen before, and revolutionized hard music - it has since been surpassed by bands like Dragonforce and Dream Theater, who have taken it to its logical extreme, but was revolutionary at the time. That is directly attributable to Hetfields classical music training, and Cliff Burton's amazing ear for pace, change, and the "wall of sound" Metallica is so known for. It is not a surprise to me that Metallicas music has generally gone downhill since Cliff's death. I felt And Justice For All still had his DNA all over it, even though he wasn't there, but by the Black Album his essence was gone, and while there were still good songs on Black, it was a shadow of Ride the Lightning and Master....and since Black, well, um, yeah. A few good songs. RIP Cliff.
    Cliff was Metallicas best business decision. Had to get a guy that was to their band what Steve Harris is to Iron Maiden or Geezer to Sabbath. Just remember though, without Dave Mustaine, James Hetfield isn't as accomplished of a guitar player. Neither is Kerry King from his short little stint in Megadeth even though that blow hard will never admit it
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    Metallica
    Deloitte
  • UW_Doog_BotUW_Doog_Bot Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 14,103
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    SLAYER

PICK ONE

Consider this a pre-season blue blood exhibition tourney. Metallica easily won but that's why they were in the main tournament and aren't going to waste time in the metal NIT.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,044
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    Metallica

PICK ONE

Consider this a pre-season blue blood exhibition tourney. Metallica easily won but that's why they were in the main tournament and aren't going to waste time in the metal NIT.
    Some people are going to love the NIT when they see their all time favorite gay rockers Judas Priest come out to play.

@Dennis_DeYoung