Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elite 8 (late 1980s to Present) - #1 Nirvana vs #2 Metallica

124»

Comments

• GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #2 Metallica

Easiest vote in contest history imo.

FudgePack, this is some that we grown ups call rock and roll. Check it out sometime

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI
    <3 yes.

You want to be a rock star? Be a FS dude that doesn't GAF. Metallica got $$ and decided to go corporate.

Rock n Roll is at it's best when it's a bunch of fast strat dudes going nuts.

Metallica are a bunch of fucking fags for everything after the black album and if you watch Some Kind of Monster, there is nothing faggier than that. They had good records in the 80s, sure. But for the last 27 years they've been fucking corporate feegs that go to therapy together and invest in art.

They are a bunch of fucking cunts.

At least Kurt had the good sense to shoot himself before he got into his 'we are all going to therapy, making shitball records and investing in art' phase.</p>
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Nirvana had 1 good album. Should have never made it this far.

I think they had more like 4. Nevermind and In Utero are both essential listening. The live album was by far the best and most interesting of the "unplugged" rage of the 90's; their choice of covers here was fantastic and might make this my favorite Nirvana recoding. Insecticide had plenty of important tracks as well. Yeah, their career was very short but extremely productive.
    In Utero was a steam pile. I’d give more props to Bleach. And an unplugged show does not an album make.
    In Utero was brilliant you knuckle heads.
    Traded In Utero in college for a Ministry CD
    I traded in Dark Side of the Moon in college. Then I later reluctantly came to, at least, give it some respek.
    No regrets hear
    https://youtu.be/Qdx9F00EjQA
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana

Easiest vote in contest history imo.

FudgePack, this is some that we grown ups call rock and roll. Check it out sometime

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI
    <3 yes.

You want to be a rock star? Be a FS dude that doesn't GAF. Metallica got $$ and decided to go corporate.

Rock n Roll is at it's best when it's a bunch of fast strat dudes going nuts.

Metallica are a bunch of fucking fags for everything after the black album and if you watch Some Kind of Monster, there is nothing faggier than that. They had good records in the 80s, sure. But for the last 27 years they've been fucking corporate feegs that go to therapy together and invest in art.

They are a bunch of fucking cunts.

At least Kurt had the good sense to shoot himself before he got into his 'we are all going to therapy, making shitball records and investing in art' phase.</p>
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Nirvana had 1 good album. Should have never made it this far.

I think they had more like 4. Nevermind and In Utero are both essential listening. The live album was by far the best and most interesting of the "unplugged" rage of the 90's; their choice of covers here was fantastic and might make this my favorite Nirvana recoding. Insecticide had plenty of important tracks as well. Yeah, their career was very short but extremely productive.
    In Utero was a steam pile. I’d give more props to Bleach. And an unplugged show does not an album make.
    In Utero was brilliant you knuckle heads.
    Traded In Utero in college for a Ministry CD
    I traded in Dark Side of the Moon in college. Then I later reluctantly came to, at least, give it some respek.
    No regrets hear
    https://youtu.be/Qdx9F00EjQA
    Tactical nukes shot from artillery are sweet.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,796
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    Pole is closed. Metallica holds on 31-24 but way too close for comfort for @Swaye.