Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Elite 8 (late 1980s to Present) - #1 Nirvana vs #2 Metallica

Comments

• Mad_SonMad_Son Member Posts: 10,071
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 Metallica

salemcoog said:

Nirvana had 1 good album. Should have never made it this far.

I think they had more like 4. Nevermind and In Utero are both essential listening. The live album was by far the best and most interesting of the "unplugged" rage of the 90's; their choice of covers here was fantastic and might make this my favorite Nirvana recoding. Insecticide had plenty of important tracks as well. Yeah, their career was very short but extremely productive.
    Agreed. Nevermind is one of the best albums ever and In Utero very strong.
  • TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,800
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    #1 Nirvana

Let the record state I meant to hit nirvana but fat fingered it!

I was going to say ... not sure your two dads would have allowed you to listen to Metallica
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    edited May 2018
    #2 Metallica
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFoJHotwZO0

S/O to Va Tech for having the hardest entrance in all of CFB.
  • section8section8 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 1,581
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #2 Metallica
    Master of Puppets.
  • dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    #1 Nirvana

http://youtube.com/watch?v=QFoJHotwZO0

S/O to Va Tech for having the hardest entrance in all of CFB.

Someone should start a thread about what song UW should enter to?
  • NorwegianHuskyNorwegianHusky Member Posts: 3,422
    #1 Nirvana

Easiest vote in contest history imo.

I was already leaning towards you being a total fag. Thanks for making it a no-brainer.
  • backthepackbackthepack Member Posts: 19,785
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker 5 Awesomes
    #2 Metallica

I was already leaning towards you being a total fag. Thanks for making it a no-brainer.
    I hate grunge music. Metallica's good. Nirvana is just wtf.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    #2 Metallica

salemcoog said:

I think they had more like 4. Nevermind and In Utero are both essential listening. The live album was by far the best and most interesting of the "unplugged" rage of the 90's; their choice of covers here was fantastic and might make this my favorite Nirvana recoding. Insecticide had plenty of important tracks as well. Yeah, their career was very short but extremely productive.
    In Utero was a steam pile. I’d give more props to Bleach. And an unplugged show does not an album make.
  • KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    edited May 2018
    #2 Metallica
    Swaye said:

FudgePack, this is some that we grown ups call rock and roll. Check it out sometime

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PvwqSMRtoSI
    <3 yes.

You want to be a rock star? Be a FS dude that doesn't GAF. Metallica got $$ and decided to go corporate.

Rock n Roll is at it's best when it's a bunch of fast strat dudes going nuts.

Metallica are a bunch of fucking fags for everything after the black album and if you watch Some Kind of Monster, there is nothing faggier than that. They had good records in the 80s, sure. But for the last 27 years they've been fucking corporate feegs that go to therapy together and invest in art.

They are a bunch of fucking cunts.

At least Kurt had the good sense to shoot himself before he got into his 'we are all going to therapy, making shitball records and investing in art' phase.</p>
    I hate you with the burning intensity of a thousand suns.
    Disagree. I’d say being forced to release In Utero had as much influence in his decision to pull the trigger than anything.

Fuck reply fail. This was to Mr Roboto.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    edited May 2018
    #1 Nirvana
    Didn't like In Utero either. Their earlier stuff was better. Smells Like Teen Spirit was such a bad ass song that it alone could beat a lot of the bands in this contest. Sliver was another classic song.
  • YellowSnowYellowSnow Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 33,792
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana

FudgePack, this is some that we grown ups call rock and roll. Check it out sometime

<3 yes.

You want to be a rock star? Be a FS dude that doesn't GAF. Metallica got $$ and decided to go corporate.

Metallica are a bunch of fucking fags for everything after the black album and if you watch Some Kind of Monster, there is nothing faggier than that. They had good records in the 80s, sure. But for the last 27 years they've been fucking corporate feegs that go to therapy together and invest in art.

At least Kurt had the good sense to shoot himself before he got into his 'we are all going to therapy, making shitball records and investing in art' phase.</p>
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

In Utero was a steam pile. I’d give more props to Bleach. And an unplugged show does not an album make.
    In Utero was brilliant you knuckle heads.
  • GrundleStiltzkinGrundleStiltzkin Member Posts: 61,480
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Standard Supporter
    #2 Metallica

<3 yes.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Traded In Utero in college for a Ministry CD
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana

<3 yes.

salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

Traded In Utero in college for a Ministry CD
    I traded in Dark Side of the Moon in college. Then I later reluctantly came to, at least, give it some respek.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    Nirvana still making a game of it with 24 hours to go.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana
    salemcoog said:

salemcoog said:

What if it's an unplugged album that tops most artists best studio work? Take a whinny fast strategy dude from Aberdeen and have him cover Lead Belly songs. Brilliant.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    #1 Nirvana
    In Utero was garbage, but Bleach is brilliant.

Nevermind is one of the greatest records ever.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    #1 Nirvana

In Utero was garbage, but Bleach is brilliant.

Nevermind is one of the greatest records ever.

In Utero was a high DDY 2 at worst.
  • Dennis_DeYoungDennis_DeYoung Member Posts: 14,754
    #1 Nirvana
    Bleach was Tui, Nevermind is Emtman and In Utero is Brock.
  • SwayeSwaye Moderator, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 41,043
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Founders Club
    #2 Metallica

Nirvana still making a game of it with 24 hours to go.