Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    Brad Stevens is a genius
  • Options
    The Process is going to need a lot of help because they are going to trail Boston in the foreseeable future
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

The Process is going to need a lot of help because they are going to trail Boston in the foreseeable future

If they can’t beat Boston without Kylie and Gordon how the hell can they beat them when they’re back? I know Philly is young and they should/could get a big bump if Fultz finds his shot, but damn.

Brad Stevens is a bad dude.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Tequilla said:

They have room for a max contract this summer and a lot of tradeable assets. They are, in terms of roster building, about where Boston was last summer. They just have to get it right. Also, the upside on Embiid and Simmons is higher than anyone on Boston. If they keep developing into what they can be they’ll be catching up.
  • Options

I picked the wrong night to watch Mitchell

He’s really good. A rookie in the playoffs, that was bound to happen.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    I’m disappointed about Philly. I wanted to see them vs LeBron.

The 76ers actually are young, but nothing is ever a sure thing. The Celtics are almost just as young. The jury is out on Brett Brown. I have no idea how he survived all those 10-20 win seasons.

The mask is fucking with Embiid. He’s a hall of famer if he stays healthy. Big if. Simmons needs a jumper. Fultz has talent, but he does seem like a loser. I like Saric a lot. Covington is an overrated 3 and D guy. The idea of those guys are often better than reality which is that he’s a mediocre shooter with no playmaking skills.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam

Tequilla said:

They have room for a max contract this summer and a lot of tradeable assets. They are, in terms of roster building, about where Boston was last summer. They just have to get it right. Also, the upside on Embiid and Simmons is higher than anyone on Boston. If they keep developing into what they can be they’ll be catching up.
    They need a better 3 and D swingman than Covington. Saric and Fultz should possibly be shopped around. They should look at Kawhi Leonard.

LeBron isn’t going to Philly. They won’t do that to Simmons. They should because LeBron is a sure thing and Embiid seems like a great fit. Simmons has huge potential, but is not a sure thing like LeBron.

If they added LeBron, make a few trades and you’re a true title contender the next few years. Philly has both cap room and young talent to trade.
  • Options
    WilburHooksHandsWilburHooksHands Member Posts: 6,741
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes

Tequilla said:

They need a better 3 and D swingman than Covington. Saric and Fultz should possibly be shopped around. They should look at Kawhi Leonard.

LeBron isn’t going to Philly. They won’t do that to Simmons. They should because LeBron is a sure thing and Embiid seems like a great fit. Simmons has huge potential, but is not a sure thing like LeBron.

If they added LeBron, make a few trades and you’re a true title contender the next few years. Philly has both cap room and young talent to trade.
    Replacing Covington with Paul George would make sense to me.
  • Options
    dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614

Tequilla said:

Saric is perfect for that team, no need to shop him
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

Saric is perfect for that team, no need to shop him
    He’s valuable and they have Embiid and Simmons. They start three guys 6’10” or taller. It’s over kill, even though Simmons can guard anyone.

I love Saric, but he’s a very valuable piece. One day they won’t be able to afford everyone. They should be active now and go for it next year. The process is over.
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    Word is Kawhi wants to go to Boston.
  • Options
    We are all witnesses.
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,811
    The James fellow may end up having a nice career in the league.
  • Options
    KaepskneeKaepsknee Member Posts: 14,750
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment
    dnc said:

Tequilla said:

If they can’t beat Boston without Kylie and Gordon how the hell can they beat them when they’re back? I know Philly is young and they should/could get a big bump if Fultz finds his shot, but damn.

He is. But so is Danny Ainge. Boston doesn’t waste picks. Stevens has them playing tuff B-ball. The Sixers in comparison are mental midgets.

Also I’ve got to give props to LeBron. He is on a run like no other in these playoffs. And the other guys do just enough to enhance his domination.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    salemcoog said:

dnc said:

Tequilla said:

He is. But so is Danny Ainge. Boston doesn’t waste picks. Stevens has them playing tuff B-ball. The Sixers in comparison are mental midgets.

Also I’ve got to give props to LeBron. He is on a run like no other in these playoffs. And the other guys do just enough to enhance his domination.
    It’s routine for the guy. Every playoffs.
  • Options

I’m disappointed about Philly. I wanted to see them vs LeBron.

The 76ers actually are young, but nothing is ever a sure thing. The Celtics are almost just as young. The jury is out on Brett Brown. I have no idea how he survived all those 10-20 win seasons.

The mask is fucking with Embiid. He’s a hall of famer if he stays healthy. Big if. Simmons needs a jumper. Fultz has talent, but he does seem like a loser. I like Saric a lot. Covington is an overrated 3 and D guy. The idea of those guys are often better than reality which is that he’s a mediocre shooter with no playmaking skills.

If you're Philly management right now how many questions are you having to answer for taking Fultz ahead of Tatum at this point? Comment voted up purely for the standpoint of what you said about Fultz ... I have no expectations for him to ever be anything significant in Philly. He'll always be stuck trying to live up to Tatum and that's going to be hard to deal with. I definitely think it's probably best for Philly to trade him at some point if they can ... but we'll see what they can get for him. The value can't be worth much right now.
  • Options

Tequilla said:

Replacing Covington with Paul George would make sense to me.
    IF LBJ doesn't go to Houston, then I'd have to assume that George will hook up with LBJ. He's the perfect kind of fit with him in that he's a strong defensive player that has the ability to be a spot up 3 point guy. Add to it that he's able to play strong 2nd unit minutes in a pseudo LBJ role and GM LBJ is able to focus on putting togethr a team that fits the style that fits him best.
  • Options
    What's really interesting to me going forward is views of Embiid, Simmons, and Tatum and who you really want on your team.

Embiid's ceiling is obvious ... the biggest question with him going forward is going to be his health. Can he ever stay healthy long enough to be able to get himself into elite shape?

With Simmons, the ceiling to me is being able to impact the game similar to Magic Johnson. The challenge with him will be what we've seen in this year's playoffs in that his inability to shoot is getting exploited. If he can't get to a point where that weakness becomes a strength for him when teams essentially stop guarding him and forcing him to shoot jumpers, then I have a hard time believing that he'll ever be a top player on a championship team.

With Tatum, even as a 19-20 year old player he's proven to have an ability to score at a strong level in the NBA. He's clearly improved throughout the year and has shown an ability to elevate his game in the Playoffs. And most impressively for a young player, he's showing a willingness to play defense and buy into what Brad Stevens is preaching. What is his ceiling at this point? Can he be a poor man Durant? Is he a future 25 PPG scorer in the league? I definitely think he's going to have the surest ceiling of the 3 of being a Top 5-10 player in the league at some point in the future.

And that's what's so interesting about Boston going forward is where they are in the grand scheme of things is that they are on the verge of having more talent on their roster than any team in the league and still have some moves to make whether it be through a trade or another difference making draft pick or two coming in the near future.

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    GSW zzzzz

4 HOF prime players

NBA is boring af. KD broke it