Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.
Options

NBA Playoff Megathread

Comments

• Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

I have a big difference in my opinions on LBJ to Miami (and back to Cleveland) and KD to GSW.

LBJ knee his Cleveland team wasn’t good enough and entered into a partnership with Miami to keep Wade, sign Bosh, and himself. Once that team aged and ran its course he jumped back to Cleveland which had rebuilt a foundation with Irving and a #1 pick (which he forced a flip to get Kevin Love. This summer LBJ will move again somewhere where he can construct his next project. I got no issues with it as long as he is transparent about his reasons and how he forces moves in an organization torpedos it after he leaves.

My take on KD from interviews/conversations is that guy is a hoops junky that chases playing the perfect game. The money and winning is nice but he’d be playing regardless because it really is his passion. He rightfully concluded that playing with Westbrook wasn’t going to enable him to chase that nirvana. Going to GSW was about getting that perfect brand of movement on offense with great passing plus the team level of defense. My expectation is that KD stays at GSW long-term with the only possible moves being to close out his career home in DC or if Seattle gets a teamto bookend his career.

It's been a couple days but let's not forget:

FUCK HOWARD SCHULTZ. FUCK HIM.

• Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    lmao NBA warns Drake over 'bad language' after Kendrick Perkins incident

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23396207/nba-warns-drake-use-bad-language-kendrick-perkins-incident

The NBA has warned Raptors mega-fan Drake about "the use of exceedingly foul and inexcusable language" after the rapper and Cleveland's Kendrick Perkins traded angry words during Game 1 of the teams' playoff series, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Kiki Vandeweghe, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations, spoke to Raptors president Masai Ujiri about the matter, a league source told Wojnarowski.

Drake, who sits courtside for Toronto's home games in Air Canada Centre and is the face of the Raptors' fan base, and Perkins first had words as the teams left the court at halftime Tuesday night. They also jawed at each other at the end of the game, but were separated before things could escalate.

Perkins, asked about the warning issued to Drake, told ESPN's Dave McMenamin he was "here to support my teammates."
  • Options
    PurpleThrobberPurpleThrobber Member Posts: 41,781
    Gladstone said:

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/23396207/nba-warns-drake-use-bad-language-kendrick-perkins-incident

The NBA has warned Raptors mega-fan Drake about "the use of exceedingly foul and inexcusable language" after the rapper and Cleveland's Kendrick Perkins traded angry words during Game 1 of the teams' playoff series, a league source told ESPN's Adrian Wojnarowski.

Kiki Vandeweghe, the NBA's executive vice president of basketball operations, spoke to Raptors president Masai Ujiri about the matter, a league source told Wojnarowski.

Drake, who sits courtside for Toronto's home games in Air Canada Centre and is the face of the Raptors' fan base, and Perkins first had words as the teams left the court at halftime Tuesday night. They also jawed at each other at the end of the game, but were separated before things could escalate.

Perkins, asked about the warning issued to Drake, told ESPN's Dave McMenamin he was "here to support my teammates."

Christ. More AAU'ification of the game.

Spike FUCKING Lee and Reggie Miller were must-see TV motherfucking one another.

Advantage: Old Skool ball. Again.

• Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

Gladstone said:

Christ. More AAU'ification of the game.

Spike FUCKING Lee and Reggie Miller were must-see TV motherfucking one another.

Advantage: Old Skool ball. Again.

AAU'ification with Drake and the league? What?
  • Options
    GladstoneGladstone Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 16,417
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    LeBron's face right now when he looks at the TOR crowd:

• Options
    RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 101,173
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Colin Cowherd guaranteed a Toronto win tonight. I don't want to jinx anything but its not looking good right now
  • Options
    CuntWaffleCuntWaffle Member Posts: 22,493
    First Anniversary 5 Fuck Offs 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes
    Can't wait to hear the updates about the Drake and Kendrick Perkins situation tonight on Fagcenter!
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Kevin Love with 27

My dream scenario is Love being the Finals MVP for actually helping Lebron like he did when they beat the Warriors

He is the key to the highway
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs

You enjoying the LeBron takeover Teq?

Toronto literally has nobody that has any chance to guard LBJ ... that’s known and whatever

The decision to guard Kevin Love in the post with CJ Miles solo with no help is criminal coaching
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Kevin Love with 27

My dream scenario is Love being the Finals MVP for actually helping Lebron like he did when they beat the Warriors

They couldn’t beat them with Kyrie popping off last season. Be serious.
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

Kevin Love with 27

Love didn’t help LeBron. He made one defensive play.
  • Options
    BaldwinIVBaldwinIV Member Posts: 797
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes
    Tequilla said:

And for those that want more ammo about how I "slight" LBJ ... he had a fabulous game today.

That being said, if Tristan Thompson doesn't come off the bench for 15 and 10 today or George Hill doesn't somehow find a way to play 15 minutes in the 2nd half the Cavs would have been in big trouble today despite what LBJ did.

We'll have a great litmus test coming in the next series vs Toronto. Toronto has NOBODY that can stop LBJ and he'll have a huge series. However, the balance of the team in Toronto will outplay the Cavs in a greater variance than what Indiana was able to do. The big question will be can Toronto vanquish their Cavs/LBJ demons.

I'll go with Toronto in 6.

Bump.
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    edited May 2018
    A lot of Love Hate here. That's why he's my dream MVP

The Cavs have no shot but still
  • Options
    Swaye's Wigwam
    After 5 times in 8 years we have to remember that Pacers generally make Lebron's team look bad. But for the rest of the East it's the same old story

I don't think this Cavs team is horrible they just can't beat the West so fuck them is the general thought you

But watch Lebron while you can
  • Options
    RoadDawg55RoadDawg55 Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 30,123
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Good game on now. Philly’s showing their youth.
  • Options
    allpurpleallgoldallpurpleallgold Member Posts: 8,771
    5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker First Anniversary

Kevin Love with 27

Love didn’t help LeBron. He made one defensive play.
    I think that’s underselling it a bit. He had a really strong role player game. Bosh is the guy that’s easy to compare to Love and criticize Love but Love way outperformed Bosh in their Finals game 7s. And he had the highlight defensive play.
  • Options
    TequillaTequilla Member Posts: 19,815
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes 5 Fuck Offs
    What’s your point Baldwin?

I said that Toronto has nobody to slow LBJ down ... that’s pretty obvious after 2 games.

The litmus test was that the depth of Toronto (their strength) needed to outplay the Cavs depth that largely disappeared against Indiana.

Kudos to the Cavs depth and role players for stepping up big and FUCK OFF to Toronto for folding up their tent at the first sign of adversity in this series. That team needs to be blown up after they get swept again