Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Amazon leaving Seattle update

Comments

• 2001400ex2001400ex Member Posts: 29,457
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

It’s all a prefectly executed plan. Get a “second headquarters” then phase out the Seattle headquarters. Bezos is a libertarian. He won’t put up with seattle bullshit longer than he needs to.

There's no income tax in the state of Washington. Bezos isn't going anywhere.
    He won't move just his company.

2001400ex said:

It’s all a prefectly executed plan. Get a “second headquarters” then phase out the Seattle headquarters. Bezos is a libertarian. He won’t put up with seattle bullshit longer than he needs to.

Boeing and I shared a hearty laugh over your post in the media room
    Derek's memory of Boeing's move is spot on.

https://hbr.org/2001/10/inside-boeings-big-move

Or they had a CEO that was only with Boeing for a year and hated Seattle.
    Come watch Hondo struggle in every thread
    Understand the difference between Boeing and Amazon then pop off.
    Are you getting more dumb or what?
    Obvious answer is obvious. That being said, Boeing got in a new CEO that had zero interest in being in Seattle regardless of taxes. Tho I think the Seattle council is fucking stupid as fuck (RIP sonics). Fuck them.

Amazon isn't moving, they own 20% of the office space in downtown.
    Does Amazon fill those offices with more people now that it may be more expensive to do so.

Plus, I'm hearing the Seattle real estate market is hot, hot, HOT!
    Even in their infinite fucktardedness, City council will back off.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Obvious answer is obvious. That being said, Boeing got in a new CEO that had zero interest in being in Seattle regardless of taxes. Tho I think the Seattle council is fucking stupid as fuck (RIP sonics). Fuck them.

Does Amazon fill those offices with more people now that it may be more expensive to do so.

They were fucktarded enough to propose the fucktardest tax of all on employee headcounts. This one ain't over.
    True. But lots of shit gets proposed that never comes to fruition.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

They were fucktarded enough to propose the fucktardest tax of all on employee headcounts. This one ain't over.
    Your faith in governmental wisdom is noted.

I know your are being sarcastic. But there's no such thing as governmental wisdom. It's all about who has the money. And I'm pretty sure Amazon has more money than homeless people in Seattle.

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Swaye said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Sledog said:

2001400ex said:

2001400ex said:

Your faith in governmental wisdom is noted.

I know your are being sarcastic. But there's no such thing as governmental wisdom. It's all about who has the money. And I'm pretty sure Amazon has more money than homeless people in Seattle.
    Your support of confiscatory taxation is also noted.
    You clearly read my comment wrong. And we are no where near the levels of confiscatory taxation.

Business on the scale of Amazon who have major investors to answer to and have a possibly highly inflated stock value are not into hope as a strategy. The fact the council even went this far is cause for major concern for the future. Why risk it when the rest of America is throwing themselves at you like Stormy Daniels?

Water is wet (City council is fucktarded) POTD
  • RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,699
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    2001400ex said:

Business on the scale of Amazon who have major investors to answer to and have a possibly highly inflated stock value are not into hope as a strategy. The fact the council even went this far is cause for major concern for the future. Why risk it when the rest of America is throwing themselves at you like Stormy Daniels?

Water is wet (City council is fucktarded) POTD
    Which is why you were trying to downplay it and say it wouldn't pass so who cares

Pussy
  • Fire_Marshall_BillFire_Marshall_Bill Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 22,715
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes Combo Breaker
    Founders Club
    Seattle has a huge pool of highly educated noyds. Many cities do not. Amazon won't leave. I don't think the city council is smart enough to know the leverage they have between their cunt licking and stop discriminating against the gender fluids rally though.
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

RedRocket said:

PurpleJ said:

Tacoma will welcome them with open arms. Either that or Dallas.

Tacoma losing All State was a big blow. The Chihuly Glass Museum is all that's left.
    Amazon > Allstate

We will be fine. We always are. If not, there's always the heroin trade. Bidness is booming!
    J?? true—

Oh
    Shoots brah

• DooglesDoogles Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 12,460
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam

I like to call workplaces 'campuses.' That's what I like to do, because I'm a retard like that.

Mutually adjacent office buildings situated for the purpose of a promoting an enterprise. Food courts. Child care. Dog parks. Entertainment. “Spheres” for out-of-office time. All along the same neighborhood streets. 12 million square feet of space and more being built. 30,000 employees in a handful of square blocks. Yeah, it’s a campus. Just like oregon’s but far larger and way more successful.
    Sounds like a Company Store to me designed to exploit workers

Sad
    Race is not getting shredded in this thread