Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.

Welcome to the Hardcore Husky Forums. Folks who are well-known in Cyberland and not that dumb.

Greatest program to never have won a post WWII Natty?

Comments

• creepycougcreepycoug Member Posts: 22,705
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Photogenic
    edited May 2018
    Texas A & M
    Baseman said:

salemcoog said:

Washington.

It's in a case about 10 mins down the street from my house. Stop by some time and I will show it to you.

Play the '90/91 Canes or GTFO.
    Fuck the Canes. They didn't want anything to do with us. 2-1 bitches.

Doogs will never admit this, but deep inside even they question the legitimacy of that trophy in the era where championship games are played and won on the field.

Sure. That's what you faggots tell yourself.

They butchered the team your Sallys had to come from behind to beat, but somehow where a scurred to play.

Sure.
    Cuz there is an equivalence to playing the Huskers early in the season in Lincoln with the Canes getting them in Miami on Jan 1st? That kind of logic on the LSAT wouldn't even get one into the University of Idaho pretend law school.

salemcoog said:

Washington.

It's in a case about 10 mins down the street from my house. Stop by some time and I will show it to you.

Doogs will never admit this, but deep inside even they question the legitimacy of that trophy in the era where championship games are played and won on the field.

They butchered the team your Sallys had to come from behind to beat, but somehow where a scurred to play.

Sure.
    Cuz there is an equivalence to playing the Huskers early in the season in Lincoln with the Canes getting them in Miami on Jan 1st? That kind of logic on the LSAT wouldn't even get one into the University of Idaho pretend law school.
    Jesus row boat! This is a rookie response in this argument genre. I was swatting that shit away back in the royotis days. Sheeit man.

First, it was the Orange Bowl. Nebraska had their allotment, and they were always filled 100%. I used to go to those games. In those days, there were a lot of pasty-white fat cheese- eating mid western dipshits in Miami in early January. It was a rite of passage for the winner of the Big 8, which was routinely Nebraska. They had more than enough fans there. Plus, it had rained and the field was shit, a decidedly helpful externality for the run-happy Huskers.

They never got inside Miami's 20 fucking yard line bitch. Not. One. Fucking. Tim. They held Nebraska to 82 yards rushing. Total. Eighty. Two. Fucking. Yards. For the game. How many tims did that happen to Nebraska when Nebraska was Nebraska damnit??!!??!! Hmm? Huh?? Exactly.

Miami cruised to such an early lead so easily that they put it in cruise the rest of the way. That could have been easily the worst losses in Nebraska history had Miami's offense not gone into shut-down. As it stands, it's still one of them.

Early season doesn't have shit to do with my balls or rowboat or anything else. What? Did Don Fucking James fail to have the boys ready to play in Lincoln? R U Serious? Look, it's one thing to have a good Cal team sneak up on you. No shame in that. It happens. But Nebraska, in those days, on the road or at home? Nah. That's a game you're ready to play. Nebraska had Washington's number for a good chunk of the gayme.

Face it. Common opponent suggest that Miami had nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure it would have been a great game. But a Washington route is just frosting that Super Doogs have had to layer on their title cake because it's the only one they have. Understandable.

That said, this fucking idea that Miami would have struggled against that Washington team doesn't have much empirical support beyond homer supposition. Look at the players on both sides. You had future NFL starters and pro bowl players all over that Miami starting 22, not even including Medearis, who was a fucking monster of a D lineman before his career was cut short; and that D overall was stingy as fuck.

Don't take my word for it. Witness the following from the Omaha World Herald:

Nebraska came into the Orange Bowl first nationally in rushing, third in total offense and third in scoring.

But the Huskers never got inside the Miami 20-yard line, ran for only 82 yards and gained 171 yards overall in suffering a fifth straight bowl loss.

The last time Nebraska’s offensive statistics were that feeble was the last time it played Miami. In the Orange Bowl after the 1988 season, the Hurricanes won 23-3 and held the Huskers to 80 yards rushing and 135 total yards — both lows in the 30-year Osborne-Bob Devaney era.

Osborne didn’t disagree after a first-hand look at the nation’s top point-preventing defense, averaging 8.3 a game.

“They were awfully quick, and they were stronger up front than we thought,” he said. “The key is that they did a good job penetrating our offensive line and stopping our running game.”

Nebraska netted 4 yards on its first six possessions, not getting a first down against Miami’s gap-shooting 4-3 alignment until there was 6:11 left in the second quarter.

Overall, 24 of NU’s 57 offensive plays resulted in no gain or minus yardage.

The Huskers entered Miami territory only three times in 14 possessions. One of those was because they started there after an interception.

Tell me again how Jesse fucking Armstead and his friends were going to be a scurred of "NFL cup a coffee" Jay Berry, Beano Bryant & Mario Bailey. It's just not rational.
    Nice effort propping up that SHIT Husker team our Dawgs drilled in Lincoln. the detail you provide speaks volumes

Classy Nebraskans knew an ass whipping when they applauded the best team they’d ever seen, our Dawgs, as the custodians scraped the flattened Huskers off the turf. Had James not pumped the brakes, the Dawgs would have added another TD.

While you and the AP stat fags swooned while the Canes kept the pedal down on the not giving a fuck Huskers, DJ let off the gas on #4 Michigan leading 34-7 early in the 4th quarter, handily winning the Coaches Poll.

“we lost to as good a football team as I've ever seen.” Gary Moeller, Michigan HC
    And this, in case anyone is wondering, is classic Doogism.

PS: the Husker fans are cuckolds. they give standing ovations to the better team all the time. They did it for Florida State first. They don't really mean it.

PSS: 3 times over the 50 yd. line in 4 quarters. 3 times.

PSSS: they didn't care in Lincoln either.

PSSSS: the Canes took their foot off the pedal before half tim; James had to come back in the 4th Q. Can't change history my friend.

PSSSSS: the coach of the same Michigan team that gave up like 800 yds. and 5,000 pts. to Florida at home? That guy? Frankly, I don't care what loser Gary thought about anything. neither did anybody else. he was a cuckold too.

PSSSSSS: I acknowledge that I might be whooshed here. But when it comes to '91, it's really hard to underestimate you guysm and your doogism.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

PS: the Husker fans are cuckolds. they give standing ovations to the better team all the time. They did it for Florida State first. They don't really mean it.

PSSSS: the Canes took their foot off the pedal before half tim; James had to come back in the 4th Q. Can't change history my friend.

PSSSSS: the coach of the same Michigan team that gave up like 800 yds. and 5,000 pts. to Florida at home? That guy? Frankly, I don't care what loser Gary thought about anything. neither did anybody else. he was a cuckold too.

PSSSSSS: I acknowledge that I might be whooshed here. But when it comes to '91, it's really hard to underestimate you guysm and your doogism.

Might be?
  • greenbloodgreenblood Member Posts: 14,272
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment Combo Breaker
    Write-in Option
    Portland State
  • PurpleJPurpleJ Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 36,379
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes Combo Breaker
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Creep man

Frozen is cinema at it's finest and the 91 Dawgs are the GOAT. My Canes are NEVER coming back. EVER.
    That wasn't so hard. Thanks bud.
    Sheeit. The 01 squad would shit out the 91 Washington crew like bad Chineese food. That's w/o even thinking.
    Prove it bitch!
    quoniam res ipsa loquitur
    Latin. Classy. Doc Holliday would be proud. Either way my Dawgs win because Miami would be much slower in the big shoulder pads. Case closed.
    Texas A & M
    dflea said:

Might be?
    Like I said, underestimating doogliness when it comes to the boys of '91 is a fool's errand. Where's sledog?
    Texas A & M
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Creep man

Frozen is cinema at it's finest and the 91 Dawgs are the GOAT. My Canes are NEVER coming back. EVER.
    Sheeit. The 01 squad would shit out the 91 Washington crew like bad Chineese food. That's w/o even thinking.
    Prove it bitch!
    Latin. Classy. Doc Holliday would be proud. Either way my Dawgs win because Miami would be much slower in the big shoulder pads. Case closed.
    They were still wearing the big shoulder pads in '01. I think that's a wash.
    Swaye's Wigwam

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Creep man

Prove it bitch!
    Wash is an abbreviated form of Washington. Checkmate bitch.
    Texas A & M
    PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

PurpleJ said:

Creep man

Prove it bitch!
    Wash is an abbreviated form of Washington. Checkmate bitch.
    #WA
  • oregonblitzkriegoregonblitzkrieg Member Posts: 15,288
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes First Comment
    Oregon
    CreepyCoug in this thread:

• uziuzi Member Posts: 1,298
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Comment
    Akransas ** (#1 in FWAA in 1964)
    AZDuck said:

AZDuck said:

My favorite thing about the Husky Hall of Fame in Hec Ed is they got the giant 50's era rowing photograph and .5 natty crystal football right in front. The symbolism here is pretty obvious- i.e., we are a rowing school that can claim a football natty about once every 30 120 years.

For the purpose of this exercise it's 2 claimed NTs in the past 72 years, so 1 per every 36 years. NOC about before the war.

Helms is bullshit
    Said the fan of the program that was never good enough to earn a Helms.
    Swaye's Wigwam
    No amount of creep dick sucking will ever change the fact that Oregon is a two time first loser.
    edited May 2018
    Oregon
    Oregon's resume: 2 participation trophies, 1 playoff victory over the reigning national champions & their undefeated Heisman QB. UW: 1/2 of a non-participation trophy, and this:

• dncdnc Member Posts: 56,614
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Write-in Option

dnc said:

dnc said:

dnc said:

salemcoog said:

Washington.

Sure.

salemcoog said:

Washington.

Sure.
    Jesus row boat! This is a rookie response in this argument genre. I was swatting that shit away back in the royotis days. Sheeit man.

First, it was the Orange Bowl. Nebraska had their allotment, and they were always filled 100%. I used to go to those games. In those days, there were a lot of pasty-white fat cheese- eating mid western dipshits in Miami in early January. It was a rite of passage for the winner of the Big 8, which was routinely Nebraska. They had more than enough fans there. Plus, it had rained and the field was shit, a decidedly helpful externality for the run-happy Huskers.

They never got inside Miami's 20 fucking yard line bitch. Not. One. Fucking. Tim. They held Nebraska to 82 yards rushing. Total. Eighty. Two. Fucking. Yards. For the game. How many tims did that happen to Nebraska when Nebraska was Nebraska damnit??!!??!! Hmm? Huh?? Exactly.

Miami cruised to such an early lead so easily that they put it in cruise the rest of the way. That could have been easily the worst losses in Nebraska history had Miami's offense not gone into shut-down. As it stands, it's still one of them.

Early season doesn't have shit to do with my balls or rowboat or anything else. What? Did Don Fucking James fail to have the boys ready to play in Lincoln? R U Serious? Look, it's one thing to have a good Cal team sneak up on you. No shame in that. It happens. But Nebraska, in those days, on the road or at home? Nah. That's a game you're ready to play. Nebraska had Washington's number for a good chunk of the gayme.

Face it. Common opponent suggest that Miami had nothing to be afraid of. I'm sure it would have been a great game. But a Washington route is just frosting that Super Doogs have had to layer on their title cake because it's the only one they have. Understandable.

That said, this fucking idea that Miami would have struggled against that Washington team doesn't have much empirical support beyond homer supposition. Look at the players on both sides. You had future NFL starters and pro bowl players all over that Miami starting 22, not even including Medearis, who was a fucking monster of a D lineman before his career was cut short; and that D overall was stingy as fuck.

Don't take my word for it. Witness the following from the Omaha World Herald:

Nebraska came into the Orange Bowl first nationally in rushing, third in total offense and third in scoring.

But the Huskers never got inside the Miami 20-yard line, ran for only 82 yards and gained 171 yards overall in suffering a fifth straight bowl loss.

The last time Nebraska’s offensive statistics were that feeble was the last time it played Miami. In the Orange Bowl after the 1988 season, the Hurricanes won 23-3 and held the Huskers to 80 yards rushing and 135 total yards — both lows in the 30-year Osborne-Bob Devaney era.

Osborne didn’t disagree after a first-hand look at the nation’s top point-preventing defense, averaging 8.3 a game.

“They were awfully quick, and they were stronger up front than we thought,” he said. “The key is that they did a good job penetrating our offensive line and stopping our running game.”

Nebraska netted 4 yards on its first six possessions, not getting a first down against Miami’s gap-shooting 4-3 alignment until there was 6:11 left in the second quarter.

Overall, 24 of NU’s 57 offensive plays resulted in no gain or minus yardage.

The Huskers entered Miami territory only three times in 14 possessions. One of those was because they started there after an interception.

Tell me again how Jesse fucking Armstead and his friends were going to be a scurred of "NFL cup a coffee" Jay Berry, Beano Bryant & Mario Bailey. It's just not rational.
    Holy shit you're a bigger doog than anyone here.

Stop living in the fucking past!
    I chinned that, even though it makes no sense.
    Nothing says living in the past like writing a fucking dissertation on a Bowel game from over 25 years ago, complete with stats and quotes and everything.

Triggered?

Are you new to this debate friend?
    No, I'm familiar that you and Roy go back 20 fucking years or whatever on this. But Roy's not here, yet your Cooning (h/t @IPukeOregonGrellow ) remains.
    Dude, you just chimed in, moar than once, on another nuclear stupid thread about the Peach Bowl, which by now no doubt is debating the '91 Dawgs vs. the '85 Bears. Please: spare me the judgment.

Besides, I'll fucking Coon whenever the fuck I want to Coon. Capiche?

And, half of my dissertation is a quote from a paper.
    Yes, three sentences is the same thing as a whole fucking page.

edited May 2018
    Oregon
    dflea said:

Oregon's resume: 2 participation trophies, 1 playoff victory over the reigning national champions & their undefeated Heisman QB. UW: 1/2 of a non-participation trophy, and this:

Oregon - lost the big game
    Washington - won the big game

Suck it, faggot.
    But what was the final score of the 'big game?'

That's what I thought.

• RaceBannonRaceBannon Member, Swaye's Wigwam Posts: 100,707
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Awesomes 5 Up Votes
    Swaye's Wigwam
    Write-in Option
    dflea said:

Suck it, faggot.
    Nothing

Else

Matters
  • AZDuckAZDuck Member Posts: 15,381
    First Anniversary 5 Up Votes 5 Awesomes First Answer
    Oregon
    Anyone pleasuring themselves to the 1960 Helms trophy needs to give a reacharound to Todd Turner and gargle some bath salts.
  • dfleadflea Member Posts: 7,220
    First Anniversary 5 Awesomes First Comment 5 Up Votes

dflea said:

Suck it, faggot.

That's what I thought.

What was the score of the UO game that won them the national championship?

That's what I thought.

It would be different if UO had won a national championship game, and UW hadn't - but neither team has won a playoff championship game.

However, we have a crystal football earned with an unbeaten season. You have feelings of envy and an inferiority complex.
    edited May 2018
    Oregon
    dflea said:

dflea said:

Suck it, faggot.

That's what I thought.

What was the score of the UO game that won them the national championship?

That's what I thought.

It would be different if UO had won a national championship game, and UW hadn't - but neither team has won a playoff championship game.

However, we have a crystal football earned with an unbeaten season. You have feelings of envy and an inferiority complex.
    Go ahead and give UO half a natty for the 2010 season if these are the metrics.